The Student Room Group

Veganism Is Not Cruelty Free

Don't vegans get immigrants and possibly children to pick their strawberries?

Scroll to see replies

what the actual ****
LOOOOL🤣🤣🤣
Reply 3
Original post by JaydorIV
LOOOOL🤣🤣🤣

These Vegans are funny 😂😂😂. They follow a belief only for the short period it suits them. Hypocrites.
Reply 4
You seem to have very little ability to apply rational thought. Vegan is cruelty-free to ANIMALS. Nobody said the movement was about humans. Some vegans buy fair-trade and local, and some don't. Just as some non-vegans do and some don't. if you are passionate about human cruelty-free then make your own movement/lifestyle. I don't get what point you are trying to make here. Are you trying to start an argument? Or are you just dumb?

Do you live cruelty-free towards animals or humans? If not then you're just a hypocrite or troll that is trying to bring negative emotion unto veganism.

Stop wasting your -or at least everybody else's- time.
Reply 5
Original post by fotevaf
You seem to have very little ability to apply rational thought. Vegan is cruelty-free to ANIMALS. Nobody said the movement was about humans. Some vegans buy fair-trade and local, and some don't. Just as some non-vegans do and some don't. if you are passionate about human cruelty-free then make your own movement/lifestyle. I don't get what point you are trying to make here. Are you trying to start an argument? Or are you just dumb?

Do you live cruelty-free towards animals or humans? If not then you're just a hypocrite or troll that is trying to bring negative emotion unto veganism.

Stop wasting your -or at least everybody else's- time.

You are an example of a 'thick' Vegan despite most being thin due to plants being their only intake. Firstly, if Veganism concerns only animals then it can concern humans. We are animals you doughnut. Secondly, if Veganism did not concern humans then who the **** does it apply to? Are you to say we must ask non-human animals to stop eating animals?
Reply 6
My point is simple. Vegans discuss cruelty issues regarding non-human animals. They also view non-human animals so closely to humans in terms of feelings and all that other nonsense you lot come up with. So if you believe such then why do you not care for the human (animal) cruelty that arises as a result of your high intake of products such as steawberries which can easily require controversial labour.
Original post by The Weeknd
These Vegans are funny 😂😂😂. They follow a belief only for the short period it suits them. Hypocrites.

vegan lifestyle is the worst, the vegan food you'd get served always taste like crap, tofu would be your only friend.

I won't suffer myself for an animal who'd probably eat me if it was in their DNA.😂
Reply 8
You are an example of a 'thick' Vegan despite most being thin due to plants being their only intake. Firstly, if Veganism concerns only animals then it can concern humans. We are animals you doughnut. Secondly, if Veganism did not concern humans then who the **** does it apply to?

Let us all clap for this dipshit over here. You are so funny.
First of all, I am not even vegan, nice assumption there. Just how you assumed the meaning of vegan. A vegan is a word used to describe a lifestyle that does not involve cruelty to animals by humans.

Some of the most despisable people on this planet are people like you that start arguments about topics they don't know anything about.

Have you never heard of the word humanitarian? A humanitarian promotes human welfare, not animals. A vegan promotes animal welfare, not humans. Of course it CAN include both, but it doesn't have to. It is their choice, just the way it is your choice to live the way you do.

Do you not know that crops for farm animal consumption take a lot more space and their growth is involved in a lot more human welfare controversy than vegetables and fruit grown for human consumption is.

I think your misunderstanding stems from the notion of veganism being referred to as cruelty free in discussion and in media. You obviously failed to research or think about what veganism actually is. Words like these are made when a large population is seen to follow trends. Someone might never buy fur or animal-tested products or strawberries but we haven't made a movement because doing that hoice alone is rare. Generally people make whole changes based around a topic. That is why we have words like humanitarian and vegan. Some people are umanitarian vegans - these lifestyles can be combined.

You must be the dumbest person I have come across in a while. Veganism isn't cruelty free. Everything isn't cruelty-free. Humanitarians aren't cruelty free to animals. The whole public isn't cruelty free. Using water isn't cruelty free because of all those poor countries with drought. Not donating to charity isn't cruelty free. Eating isn't cruelty free because you are letting poor kids starve. In fact, don't eat. You breeding definitely isn't cruelty free either.

You're probably not a humanitarian nor vegan, so who are you to downgrade some vegans for not caring about human welfare.
Get educated before replying back to me please.
Reply 9
vegan lifestyle is the worst, the vegan food you'd get served always taste like crap, tofu would be your only friend.

I won't suffer myself for an animal who'd probably eat me if it was in their DNA.😂

Loool. Yup. A lot of them don't really care much about animals but use it as an excuse to appear like really good people when in fact they are just trying to lose weight due to their stupid mistakes. LMAO.
Loool. Yup. A lot of them don't really care much about animals but use it as an excuse to appear like really good people when in fact they are just trying to lose weight due to their stupid mistakes. LMAO.

my friend is vegan. she loves animals TOO much. she was against me killing a spider in my room because they're 'innocent'. and she once said we need consent from animals to use them.😂😂
Reply 11
Don't vegans get immigrants and possibly children to pick their strawberries?

Nothing is cruelty free.
Think of the ants getting crushed underfoot while picking said strawberries. One cannot live in this world without doing some harm. However, the vegans, veggies are still least minimising the harm to a minimal level.
(edited 5 years ago)
Not vegan but even if we assume veganism isn't cruelty-free, it's better than not being one. At least veganism is cruelty-less for sure.
We/you are cruel towards both human and animal

Not at all true in my case. If you've tried enough vegan food you would know that's false and yeah I get you, some vegan food tastes really bad but the same can be said for non-vegan food too.
Original post by fotevaf
First of all, I am not even vegan, nice assumption there. Just how you assumed the meaning of vegan. A vegan is a word used to describe a lifestyle that does not involve cruelty to animals by humans.

Some of the most despisable people on this planet are people like you that start arguments about topics they don't know anything about.

Have you never heard of the word humanitarian? A humanitarian promotes human welfare, not animals. A vegan promotes animal welfare, not humans. Of course it CAN include both, but it doesn't have to. It is their choice, just the way it is your choice to live the way you do.

Do you not know that crops for farm animal consumption take a lot more space and their growth is involved in a lot more human welfare controversy than vegetables and fruit grown for human consumption is.

I think your misunderstanding stems from the notion of veganism being referred to as cruelty free in discussion and in media. You obviously failed to research or think about what veganism actually is. Words like these are made when a large population is seen to follow trends. Someone might never buy fur or animal-tested products or strawberries but we haven't made a movement because doing that hoice alone is rare. Generally people make whole changes based around a topic. That is why we have words like humanitarian and vegan. Some people are umanitarian vegans - these lifestyles can be combined.

You must be the dumbest person I have come across in a while. Veganism isn't cruelty free. Everything isn't cruelty-free. Humanitarians aren't cruelty free to animals. The whole public isn't cruelty free. Using water isn't cruelty free because of all those poor countries with drought. Not donating to charity isn't cruelty free. Eating isn't cruelty free because you are letting poor kids starve. In fact, don't eat. You breeding definitely isn't cruelty free either.

You're probably not a humanitarian nor vegan, so who are you to downgrade some vegans for not caring about human welfare.

Well said
Original post by fotevaf

Woah. I honestly think your emotions blur your judgement. You honestly come across as a hurt child 😂. Also, I am a humanitarian and I oppose pretty much the entire Vegan movement. It is beyond ridiculous. It is all over the place as the people within are lost themselves and many are very cruel to human beings themselves.

Your rubbish about nothing can be cruelty free isn't a good explanation for why you Vegans promote human cruelty.

You literally just beat around the bush and catch feelings so easily rather than address what I am talking about. Half your post is on why I am a stupid person for my opinion.
Original post by fotevaf

PRSOM
Original post by howinteresting
Not at all true in my case. If you've tried enough vegan food you would know that's false and yeah I get you, some vegan food tastes really bad but the same can be said for non-vegan food too.

I mean the vegan food you may get served on a plane or in school lunches. I just came back from a summer school and my friend who is vegan unfortunately rarely liked the vegan dishes they served. the vegan dishes you may get yourself probably are alright.

the only non-vegan food that wouldn't taste good I can think of is off milk, seeded bread and snails.
Everyone on about human cruelty can't always be addresed. Fair enough but if your entire movement's purpose is to ensure good welfare of animals (humans too) then does that not raise much concern?

Of course not. The Vegan only cares anout what he/she sees. They don't see certain things so aren't hurt by it. In other words, they do only that which is in line woth their timetable of when they are and are not a Vegan according to the standard in terms of Vegan beliefs.
(edited 5 years ago)
Woah. I honestly think your emotions blur your judgement. You honestly come across as a hurt child 😂. Also, I am a humanitarian and I oppose pretty much the entire Vegan movement. It is beyond ridiculous. It is all over the place as the people within are lost themselves and many are very cruel to human beings themselves.

Your rubbish about nothing can be cruelty free isn't a good explanation for why you Vegans promote human cruelty.

You literally just beat around the bush and catch feelings so easily rather than address what I am talking about. Half your post is on why I am a stupid person for my opinion.

Are you stupid? Vegans don't PROMOTE human cruelty. They're just against animal cruelty by humans. Other than that they are just like a normal human being, why are you attacking vegans and not those who are meat eaters/eat everything? They are just as equal when it comes to human cruelty. I honestly don't get your point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending