The Student Room Group

Jew and Muslim Relationship (Atheist/Christian)

I think such a relationship could not possibly last for long. If you are a Muslim- would you consider a relationship with a Jew? If you are a Jew- would you consider a relationship with a Muslim?

...And if you are a Christian- what are you views on having a relationship with a Jew or a Muslim?

....And if you are an Atheist- what are your views on having a relationship with a Christian, Jew or Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

As someone who has been in a relationship with a Muslim recently. I would say Yes if I really love the girl. She has to be a really kind person who loves me too.
As a muslim I honestly can't see it working with a christian or a jew especially if we have kids. its gonna be confusing to the child I guess. Going to Friday prayers on a Friday and then going to bible studies on a Sunday. I would rather make things easier for myself and get with a muslim.
Original post by The Weeknd
I think such a relationship could not possibly last for long. If you are a Muslim- would you consider a relationship with a Jew? If you are a Jew- would you consider a relationship with a Muslim?

...And if you are a Christian- what are you views on having a relationship with a Jew or a Muslim?

....And if you are an Atheist- what are your views on having a relationship with a Christian, Jew or Muslim?

I would say any of those relationships can work if both people are of a similar mindset when it comes to religion. E.g. if a cultural Muslim was dating a cultural Jew, it could work as neither would be super practicing in terms of their religion and wouldn't be forcing their religion on each other.

I knew someone in my class whose father was Sikh and mother was Muslim. He attended a Gurdwara and Mosque every week. So, it has happened. I think there are a lot of Bollywood actors and actresses that have married people of a different religion to them as well.
I as a Christian would never have a relationship with someone who wasn't a Christian. The Bible doesn't seem to condone it in this verse.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV
Original post by JaydorIV
I as a Christian would never have a relationship with someone who wasn't a Christian. The Bible doesn't seem to condone it in this verse.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV

As much as I agree. Doesn’t the denomination matter? Like will you get with a Catholic or Anglican?
Reply 6
Original post by Constantine2018
I would say any of those relationships can work if both people are of a similar mindset when it comes to religion. E.g. if a cultural Muslim was dating a cultural Jew, it could work as neither would be super practicing in terms of their religion and wouldn't be forcing their religion on each other.

I knew someone in my class whose father was Sikh and mother was Muslim. He attended a Gurdwara and Mosque every week. So, it has happened. I think there are a lot of Bollywood actors and actresses that have married people of a different religion to them as well.

When you say cultural do you really mean someone who isn't religious? I'm talking about those who actually belong to the faith and do not just claim the name.
Atheists: Depends how religious they are.

If they show high signs of devoting themselves to religions at start then a big No.
When you say cultural do you really mean someone who isn't religious? I'm talking about those who actually belong to the faith and do not just claim the name.

Well religious people wouldn't really be dating outside their religion in the first place. The only people who would actually choose to date someone of a different religion would be the non-religious. Also, one does not have to be religious to identify as a follower of a religion.
Reply 9
Original post by RickHendricks
Atheists: Depends how religious they are.

If they show high signs of devoting themselves to religions at start then a big No.

I would feel sorry for the religious person who would pretty much have to deal with "God/Allah doesn't exist" from the Atheist every day 😂😂.
Original post by Constantine2018
Well religious people wouldn't really be dating outside their religion in the first place. The only people who would actually choose to date someone of a different religion would be the non-religious. Also, one does not have to be religious to identify as a follower of a religion.

Are you those people who believe anyone can identifiy as to being of any gender or being any object and stuff?
Original post by ProRoadman
As much as I agree. Doesn’t the denomination matter? Like will you get with a Catholic or Anglican?

I'd only have a relationship with someone who is saved (Salvation by grace through faith).

I don't think most Catholics are saved and I don't know what Anglicans believe.
Are you those people who believe anyone can identifiy as to being of any gender or being any object and stuff?

What does gender have to do with someone saying they believe in a religion?
I would feel sorry for the religious person who would pretty much have to deal with "God/Allah doesn't exist" from the Atheist every day 😂😂.

don't know how they do it😂

IF such two people were together I'd be more interested in raising alarms on how they even got with each other due to so many indifference.

And I doubt all atheists are "God/Allah doesn't exist" Most only raise that point if they are subjected to someone who says "God/Allah exists"
Really depends on the culture/community the individuals are surrounded by uno. Doubt you'd see that happening in Lahore, but I've seen plenty of interfaith relationships around England that seem pretty stable tbf.
All depends on their mindsets and how serious they are about their religion. One of my friend’s dad is Muslim and mum is Christian so it can definitely work.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
All depends on their mindsets and how serious they are about their religion. One of my friend’s dad is Muslim and mum is Christian so it can definitely work.

I'm not too fussed about if the relationship can exist. I am more concerned about if it is one that can last. Most of TSR seem to only care about short term relationships/beginning the relationship.
I'm not too fussed about if the relationship can exist. I am more concerned about if it is one that can last. Most of TSR seem to only care about short term relationships/beginning the relationship.

Most of TSR are young people in their teens and early twenties. At that age, people care more about living in the present and not worrying about the future of the relationship.
I believe in interfaith relationships and marriage.
My mother came from an ultra traditionalist catholic family and my father is a militant atheist.

I would consider a relationship with a person of any religion and no religion.
So long as the person was law abiding, sane and not a fanatic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending