The Student Room Group

No GCSEs

My English and maths GCSEs are currently a U grade and science is an E, I failed due to loads of problems like bullying and bad mental health, hardly being in school and hardly any revision. I'm doing level 1 maths and level 2 English functional skills now but I want to do Criminology and Psychology or Sociology at University now, I'm 18 btw. I might be doing a pre access course to get English and maths GCSEs but I'm worried I won't pass the maths assessment to get in and it's causing me anxiety, I really want to do this, I don't think the course will stop running but if it does what if I don't get another chance next year? I'm ****. Someone give me advice please.
Reply 1
Most A-level package course like an access course will bundle in functional skills maths (means you don’t need GCSE) and then you can do English on the side. Someone on my course did the health science access course and got accepted into Sheffield to do psychology.
Reply 2
Original post by Milax1x
Most A-level package course like an access course will bundle in functional skills maths (means you don’t need GCSE) and then you can do English on the side. Someone on my course did the health science access course and got accepted into Sheffield to do psychology.

In my area you need the GCSEs.
Reply 3
Original post by Soppphhhie
My English and maths GCSEs are currently a U grade and science is an E, I failed due to loads of problems like bullying and bad mental health, hardly being in school and hardly any revision. I'm doing level 1 maths and level 2 English functional skills now but I want to do Criminology and Psychology or Sociology at University now, I'm 18 btw. I might be doing a pre access course to get English and maths GCSEs but I'm worried I won't pass the maths assessment to get in and it's causing me anxiety, I really want to do this, I don't think the course will stop running but if it does what if I don't get another chance next year? I'm ****. Someone give me advice please.

???

Quick Reply

Latest