The Student Room Group

University of Newcastle VS University of Bradford

Hi,
I am an international student and I have offers from both the universities but I am really confused. Please give honest opinions and comparisons regarding education, surroundings and social life.
Thank you.
Is this for undergraduate or postgraduate? And for what subject?

I have no direct experience of either but Newcastle is the more prestigious university overall. I've heard it's got good nightlife :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Is this for undergraduate or postgraduate? And for what subject?

I have no direct experience of either but Newcastle is the more prestigious university overall. I've heard it's got good nightlife :smile:

Undergraduate degree in Sociology
I have just graduated from Newcastle so I'm really biased - however it is a Russell Group University, it has the best nightlife in the country and is truly a beautiful city (packed with the friendliest people in England). I loved every second of my time here and recommend it to everyone.

I don't know how Bradford ranks for Sociology - but Newcastle is well regarded and I know a few students who did it and they loved it. They were well supported and came out with good marks.

Anyone saying that Bradford is a better city/ University is lying (my family are from Bradford, I have been many times) - however specific to your course I don't know.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions regarding the place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending