The Student Room Group

hello I'm new in this website.

I need some conversation with someone because I am trying to learn language. I'm from Turkey. I'm already teaching language in my school but it's not enough for me. Because our teachers teach us language but they do not talk with our. Just teaching. I think it's wrong. Maybe I'm learning grammar in school but do not practise anytime. I will try to practice here.
Hello! Do you like English? How long have you been learning it for?
Hey I’d love to help! What sort of thing are you looking for?
Reply 3
Get yourself a tutor
Reply 4
Original post by SkyRunner61
Hello! Do you like English? How long have you been learning it for?

yes I love . I have been learning for 2 years
Reply 5
Original post by hanselandpetal
Hey I’d love to help! What sort of thing are you looking for?

I want to speak english more practically
Have you tried watching English tv or YouTubers? That can be a great way to start learning conversational grammar and etiquette. Many will also have Turkish subtitles to help :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MJ4545
Get yourself a tutor

I try this way. I can get a teacher if it does not work
Original post by Bilal38
yes I love . I have been learning for 2 years

Oh cool, what do you like about the English language

I agree with @hanselandpetal, if you want to improve your understanding then watching English TV is a great way to go. In terms of improving your own communication, talking to people on message boards is a good way of improving
Reply 9
Original post by hanselandpetal
Have you tried watching English tv or YouTubers? That can be a great way to start learning conversational grammar and etiquette. Many will also have Turkish subtitles to help :smile:

I tried this year, I watched Mr. Robot, a good way to improve my English.
Reply 10
Oh cool, what do you like about the English language

I agree with @hanselandpetal, if you want to improve your understanding then watching English TV is a great way to go. In terms of improving your own communication, talking to people on message boards is a good way of improving

actually I didn't like years ago because my middle school teacher has very bad English. I went to a language school 2 years ago I spend a year extra for English. Then I started to learn slowly and put it on. it caused me to like it
Reply 11
thanks for everything. I feel better.
Original post by Bilal38
actually I didn't like years ago because my middle school teacher has very bad English. I went to a language school 2 years ago I spend a year extra for English. Then I started to learn slowly and put it on. it caused me to like it

I’m really glad that your middle school experience didn’t kill the language for you! Is English the only other language you’ve ever learned
Reply 13
I’m really glad that your middle school experience didn’t kill the language for you! Is English the only other language you’ve ever learned

it was really bad for me and it was difficult. Because I went to the language school and just put my head on the table. I don't understand for a while and I don't like. But over time I like it and want to improve it. Turkey's education system is very poor. childlike constantly changing. and it is never true. we are constantly memorizing. We don't learn. so I almost didn't like English.
Reply 14

I'm lucky. Because I caught English before it was too late.
Original post by Bilal38
it was really bad for me and it was difficult. Because I went to the language school and just put my head on the table. I don't understand for a while and I don't like. But over time I like it and want to improve it. Turkey's education system is very poor. childlike constantly changing. and it is never true. we are constantly memorizing. We don't learn. so I almost didn't like English.

It’s a shame that the education system is bad. Other than English, what else do you learn at school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending