The Student Room Group

Girlfriend

I've told my girlfriend that I think that one of my best mates is really pretty but I have no spark or connection there what so ever and have told her that, but she seems to feel like there are massive trust issues even though there is no spark what so ever. I find my girlfriend more attractive because we have this spark and such a great relationship with each other. What should I do? My girlfriend doesn't believe that I'm more attracted to her than I am to my mate. Me and my girlfriend have been in a 2 year relationship and literally love everything when we are happy together, it just seems that when she thinks about it, it makes her upset and then it makes me upset because I just think the worst about her leaving me and just break down into tears. What should so do?
tell her to work on her self esteem
How did you finding your best mate attractive come into conversation? It seems to have affected her confidence - you need to think of a way to build this up and prove you only have eyes for her.
Reply 3
Had a full on conversation about it and I've told her I only have eyes for her. But me and one of my best mates were a bit on and off before my girlfriend and we cane to the decision that we both mutually didnt have a spark, but my girlfriend also though she was attractive to have as one of my best mates. We are all good now though which is pleasing 😉 Thank you for the advice
you are an idiot - there is such a thing of too much honesty. you have a thought that is meaningless and would make other people uncomfortable if they heard it, so what do you do? forget about it and keep it to yourself. you've done the opposite, good job.
Reply 5
Dude never tell your gf you find other girls attractive if you don't want an argument and the 'cold treatment' for sometime haha.

The damage has been done tho, just show her you really like her and want noone else. Help her feel more confident
Original post by teaman314
you are an idiot - there is such a thing of too much honesty. you have a thought that is meaningless and would make other people uncomfortable if they heard it, so what do you do? forget about it and keep it to yourself. you've done the opposite, good job.

Original post by Randyyy
Dude never tell your gf you find other girls attractive if you don't want an argument and the 'cold treatment' for sometime haha.

The damage has been done tho, just show her you really like her and want noone else. Help her feel more confident

Issue already solved in case you didn't realize

OP fixed his own mistake
Sorry to hear that this has made things rough for you. Honestly, you just need to be discerning about what you do and don't say to your partner, and think before you say something like this. It's obvious that a guy is going to find other girls attractive outside of the one he's with, but sharing that information can be both hurtful and degrading to one's girlfriend. Girls are often quite concerned about their image, and if they have their image compared to someone else, even if they're already dating, that can do them a lot of mental harm. Always play on the sensitive side.

Can I ask, why did you feel the need to mention to her that this other girl was attractive? Do you simply like to speak your mind, or was there something else going on? From this point on, it would be wise to reassure your girlfriend of her attractiveness and build her up with your words from time to time if you want to win her respect back. Show her that you can control your thoughts and feelings for others, and that you are truly committed to her. Hoping for the best.
Reply 8
Original post by canadaman815
Sorry to hear that this has made things rough for you. Honestly, you just need to be discerning about what you do and don't say to your partner, and think before you say something like this. It's obvious that a guy is going to find other girls attractive outside of the one he's with, but sharing that information can be both hurtful and degrading to one's girlfriend. Girls are often quite concerned about their image, and if they have their image compared to someone else, even if they're already dating, that can do them a lot of mental harm. Always play on the sensitive side.

Can I ask, why did you feel the need to mention to her that this other girl was attractive? Do you simply like to speak your mind, or was there something else going on? From this point on, it would be wise to reassure your girlfriend of her attractiveness and build her up with your words from time to time if you want to win her respect back. Show her that you can control your thoughts and feelings for others, and that you are truly committed to her. Hoping for the best.

She asked me when we were outside chilling and I didn't want to obviously be untruthful because I'm not like that but that is how it can along. We a good now though. The strange thing is my girlfriend is doing this NCS thing with my mate and they get along well so that has settled the situation even more. Thanks for the advice everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending