The Student Room Group

Current RAF ops (AST Revision)

Currently trying to find a list of Ops that the RAF are currently involved in. Literally not finding anything as I’m not too sure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any tips you’d have for someone going into their AST and SI?
Reply 1
The new RAF website no longer lists current operations, so any knowledge you can regurgitate during an interview will only evidence your internet search skills rather than a deep understanding of where the RAF is currently operating and it's role.

That is not what the interviewers are looking for. What they are interested in is what you know about the organisation you wish to join. You can get this from the resources they have provided eg online or hard copy. If you've done your research thoroughly it will be evident; if you try and wing it, you've wasted your time and theirs.

A cursory glance on the RAF website has given me information about current and future deployments, new equipment etc That's what you should reference during interview.

To be honest, the RAF is so teeny weeny these days, that it's hardly a difficult task to read and digest what it's all about.

But good luck anyway.
Shader, Toral, Biloxi, Azotize, Ruman.

I’d expect you to know these at interview if going to OASC.
Original post by AlphaTango
Shader, Toral, Biloxi, Azotize, Ruman.

I’d expect you to know these at interview if going to OASC.

Hi mate, wasn’t OASC only AST and Interview. Got 3 marks off full marks anyway and the interview was good, they don’t even test on military knowledge anymore.
Reply 4
Original post by PotentialCandid
Currently trying to find a list of Ops that the RAF are currently involved in. Literally not finding anything as I’m not too sure where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any tips you’d have for someone going into their AST and SI?

You don’t need to know any of that for the AST.
Fir your SI, Look at:
https://www.raf.mod.uk/what-we-do/
hi mate as mentioned above I had it on Monday, they’ve taken all military knowledge out of the SI weirdly enough but I made sure to learn it anyway

Quick Reply

Latest