The Student Room Group

**** i give up

So i am 17 year old girl, i live in the Netherlands (pardon the spellings/grammer). I could not finish highschool because i got bullied badly and i droped out. i dont have a high school diploma but i really want to study hard and earn a lot of money and i want to become someone that is so successful that all the people will remember me.

the problem is i cant choose what i want. i mean i like this type of works:
1: writer/screenwriter
reason: because i am good at writing short stories. also i am good at imagination and have good ideas for movies, i like imagining movies in my head, almost 90% of the day my head is busy with some movie i made in my head (ok i know that is weird but i like it). of course not to forget that if i succeed to become a good screenwriter i will be millionaire lol
2: business
reason: well i grow up seeing my mother suffering to buy us everything we want. even though she had nothing but she spoiled me and she did everything for me so i want to make her a live like a queen and get her everything buy her everything so basically i will become a business woman to become a billionaire.

i would like to become a screenwriter but i am not that good at english and i would have to at least study english literature in college. i want to go to the usa and get GED and go to a university there but the problems:
1: they might not accept giving me a green card/card to live there and they might tell me to leave.
2: i will have to live alone and work and study at the same time because my father is dead and my mother well i cant tell her give me money i just cant so i have to work hard. i have started a work and i have 1 thousand now, i will work another 2 thousands after months so i will have a 3 thousand to start my journey. is it enough?
3: i am somali and black and woman and muslim (with head scarf) so i think it be so difficult to get someone to listen to my idea or by my screen plays. i will get discriminated i guess?

if i choose to become a business woman my plan is:
i will get ged, then get a work and start a course to become lpn (licensed practical nurse), then i will work as a lpn for 2 year and save at least 10-15 thousand. i still did not choose what business is the best.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yourivriez555
So i am 17 year old girl, i live in the Netherlands (pardon the spellings/grammer). I could not finish highschool because i got bullied badly and i droped out. i dont have a high school diploma but i really want to study hard and earn a lot of money and i want to become someone that is so successful that all the people will remember me.

reason: because i am good at writing short stories. also i am good at imagination and have good ideas for movies, i like imagining movies in my head, almost 90% of the day my head is busy with some movie i made in my head (ok i know that is weird but i like it). of course not to forget that if i succeed to become a good screenwriter i will be millionaire lol
reason: well i grow up seeing my mother suffering to buy us everything we want. even though she had nothing but she spoiled me and she did everything for me so i want to make her a live like a queen and get her everything buy her everything so basically i will become a business woman to become a billionaire.

i would like to become a screenwriter but i am not that good at english and i would have to at least study english literature in college. i want to go to the usa and get GED and go to a university there but the problems:
1: they might not accept giving me a green card/card to live there and they might tell me to leave.
2: i will have to live alone and work and study at the same time because my father is dead and my mother well i cant tell her give me money i just cant so i have to work hard. i have started a work and i have 1 thousand now, i will work another 2 thousands after months so i will have a 3 thousand to start my journey. is it enough?
3: i am somali and black and woman and muslim (with head scarf) so i think it be so difficult to get someone to listen to my idea or by my screen plays. i will get discriminated i guess?

i will get ged, then get a work and start a course to become lpn (licensed practical nurse), then i will work as a lpn for 2 year and save at least 10-15 thousand. i still did not choose what business is the best.

This plan is very specific...
Why the USA?
Why a nurse? etc.
Original post by ugaaa5
This plan is very specific...
Why the USA?
Why a nurse? etc.

why usa?
because i need a highschool diploma equivalent, also if i choose to become a screenwriter then its easier to be in usa since hollywood is in the usa
why nurse?
i need money lol
why usa?
because i need a highschool diploma equivalent, also if i choose to become a screenwriter then its easier to be in usa since hollywood is in the usa
why nurse?
i need money lol

Yes, but it costs to study nursing surely?
Original post by ugaaa5
Yes, but it costs to study nursing surely?

yeb i know, i thought about that too. that is why when i go to the usa, i will get a job (cleaning, cashier etc) then ged, then get into nursing program lpn which takes 16-19 months.
yeb i know, i thought about that too. that is why when i go to the usa, i will get a job (cleaning, cashier etc) then ged, then get into nursing program lpn which takes 16-19 months.

By what age do you want to be a screenwriter?
Reply 6
Why have you posted the same thread so many times?
Original post by Drewski
Why have you posted the same thread so many times?

no one replied 😢😢😢😢
Original post by ugaaa5
By what age do you want to be a screenwriter?

well firstly i cant decided between becoming a business woman and a screenwriter. but if i choose to.become a screenwriter then i want to sell my first screenplay at age 25-27.
well firstly i cant decided between becoming a business woman and a screenwriter. but if i choose to.become a screenwriter then i want to sell my first screenplay at age 25-27.

How do you know that you will be able to sell your first screenplay that quickly?
Success in hollywood is a lot about contacts.

You will never make it, I can see how stupid are you just by your typing.
Original post by ugaaa5
How do you know that you will be able to sell your first screenplay that quickly?
Success in hollywood is a lot about contacts.

i know, i will also join screenplay contest. by the way its just what i want, it may take long. maybe i will succeed to sell a screenplay at age 35.
no one replied 😢😢😢😢

Top tip for the future: you can bump threads by posting on them again
Original post by Chris7987
You will never make it, I can see how stupid are you just by your typing.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
thank you, because people like you motivates me a lot.

you need a motivation too.
make use of the digitalization and start your own little digital company :smile:
Original post by SkyRunner61
Top tip for the future: you can bump threads by posting on them again

i know i just did not want to do that.
i know i just did not want to do that.

Not gonna lie, I think people are more irritated if you repeatedly post the exact same thing instead of bumping it once or twice

More on topic though, your plan sounds very specific. Have you done anything that's screenwriting related?
Not gonna lie, I think people are more irritated if you repeatedly post the exact same thing instead of bumping it once or twice

More on topic though, your plan sounds very specific. Have you done anything that's screenwriting related?

i have wrote some screenplays (3 screenplays, 150-200 pages) before but my english is quit bad so i write it in Dutch.

most of the time i dont write my movie ideas/screenplays/stories i just keep making it in my head
Generally you need hard evidence rather than just things you're making up in your head. Also if you want to work on screenplays in an English-speaking country then improving your English is a must

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending