The Student Room Group

Mesut Ozil: “I am German when we win, but..'

Mesut Ozil: “I am German when we win, but I am an immigrant when we lose. Racism should never, ever be accepted.

Nail. On. The. Head.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dont think that's racism
Didn't the criticism only start after he posed with Erdogan?

Of course Germans will like you less when you hang out with a dictator. Nothing racist about that.
Reply 3
Err so why does Trump?! get away with it.
There's nothing racist about criticizing someone if they take a picture with a dictator.
Reply 5
Original post by RickHendricks
There's nothing racist about criticizing someone if they take a picture with a dictator.

HE'S the president of Turkey. DO YOU NOT GET THAT.
Original post by Anonymous
HE'S the president of Turkey. DO YOU NOT GET THAT.

He's practically a dictator. He gave himself full power of the country. You can deny it all you want, but he is *like* 100% a dictator.
Well he did get scapegoated before as well

Like I said on the other thread,why don’t you criticise lothar matthaus for visiting Putin yet you don’t.He gets a free pass and you only criticise Özil.Such bias.
Original post by bobby147
Like I said on the other thread,why don’t you criticise lothar matthaus for visiting Putin yet you don’t.He gets a free pass and you only criticise Özil.Such bias.

Ozil is known more than Lothar. Obviously I would criticize him too but he's not on the spotlight now is he?
I get the feeling all these sympathizers from the Ozil camp are blatant trolls trying to drum up the racism card.
He's practically a dictator. He gave himself full power of the country. You can deny it all you want, but he is *like* 100% a dictator.

The people wanted him to be lol
Reply 13
Ozil is known more than Lothar. Obviously I would criticize him too but he's not on the spotlight now is he?

connor mcgregor also took a photo with putin though right?
Reply 14
Original post by Randyyy
I dont think that's racism

Racism- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

That’s literaly racism! When he loses he’s seen as inferior because he’s an immigrant.
Same applies to "I am I British when I win and [insert other nationality] when I lose" in this country.
Reply 16

ffs how can a democraticly elected person be named dictator. There was an attempt by the turkish army to make it into a dictatorship. Just because he looks out for the interests of his people and doesnt give into the west, suddenly makes him the bad guy? Its so depressing to think that the media has a complete hold on to your mind and you dont even ****ing realise.
I bet you see USA as the angel battling for peace. smh

btw he got the powers cause the turkish people decided to, albeit by scrapping it. A win is a win.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by dddd1
ffs how can a democraticly elected person be named dictator. There was an attempt by the turkish army to make it into a dictatorship. Just because he looks out for the interests of his people and doesnt give into the west, suddenly makes him the bad guy? Its so depressing to think that the media has a complete hold on to the minds and you dont even ****ing realise.
I bet you see USA as the angel battling for peace. smh

Would you think that Assad is a dictator? I mean he’s democratically wllecwted as well but look at Syria now. Erdogan may not be a dictator but he is showing signs of acting like one. Lol, we know USA isn’t all about peace anymore. At least Trump isn’t turning the country into some authoritarian state.
Turkey has been going some worrying changes. The Kurds being killed or captured. The attempted coup and the new law that gives the president even greater powers. Including controlling the economy and cracking down on any person who dare to critique him. I mean why are teachers being arrested?
Reply 19
Original post by ProRoadman
Would you think that Assad is a dictator? I mean he’s democratically wllecwted as well but look at Syria now. Erdogan may not be a dictator but he is showing signs of acting like one. Lol, we know USA isn’t all about peace anymore. At least Trump isn’t turning the country into some authoritarian state.

So you acc think USA was about peace in the past? mind you, it has always interfeeered in other countries interior issues and has pretty much always been succesful to get rid of peace. You know what, Assad is no dictator and he for sure didnt cause all that mess, breaking news it was the US all along. US made all these terrorist groups like Al qaeda, ISIS, and guess who did 9/11? USA itself go check it for yourself, for starters they didnt even use commericial planes and yet all these calls through the planes come through not to mention the people were acc able to use their cellphones and talk for several mintutes on board. SMH

For the record trump doesnt need to turn his country in an authoritarian state and even if he wanted to he would most definitely cause a civil war which would for sure break it into several parts cause theres way too much beuracracy and the fact that different states have alot autonomy, its like making the european union into a state with all those 27 countries, hence the name United States of America.

Quick Reply

Latest