The Student Room Group

Favourite subjects?

What are your fave school subjects to everyone who's in high school? And college students, which is your a levels is your favourite?

Scroll to see replies

Chem is my favourite A Level, which is good because I want to study it at uni
Original post by SkyRunner61
Chem is my favourite A Level, which is good because I want to study it at uni

wow, what are you planning to do career wise?
Reply 3
My favourite GCSE was either Spanish or English lit

My favourite A-level was Spanish :h:
Original post by lucieol
My favourite GCSE was either Spanish or English lit

My favourite A-level was Spanish :h:

cool I'm doing Spanish as an extra GCSE and English lit as an early GCSE but I've not started the Spanish yet but have started English lit and we had to do Lord of the flies which is great
Reply 5
Original post by Purplemonkeys
cool I'm doing Spanish as an extra GCSE and English lit as an early GCSE but I've not started the Spanish yet but have started English lit and we had to do Lord of the flies which is great

Ooo I did Lord of the Flies too. It's a great book to analyse :h:

I hope you enjoy doing Spanish! It's a lovely language :smile:
Philosophy + Ethics and Biology were my favourite in high school.

In sixth form my favourite content wise is Biology as it is really interesting although due to the exams being awful as a whole subject, psychology would probably be my favourite A Level.
Original post by lucieol
Ooo I did Lord of the Flies too. It's a great book to analyse :h:

I hope you enjoy doing Spanish! It's a lovely language :smile:

Thanks, I love the LOTF characters because they're just so interesting despite being fairly stereotypical sometimes. One of my friends thinks Simon is gay...idk why?
I know, I've done a little tiny bit and I can safely say me gusta Espaňol.
Original post by yeahthatonethere
Philosophy + Ethics and Biology were my favourite in high school.

In sixth form my favourite content wise is Biology as it is really interesting although due to the exams being awful as a whole subject, psychology would probably be my favourite A Level.

You got to do philosophy at high school? Lucky! I hear it's compulsory in France. I'm thinking at doing it at a level because I'm really good at RE and essay writing and am quite philosophical. Biology can be interesting and I'm quite intrigued by psychology
You got to do philosophy at high school? Lucky! I hear it's compulsory in France. I'm thinking at doing it at a level because I'm really good at RE and essay writing and am quite philosophical. Biology can be interesting and I'm quite intrigued by psychology

Phil + Ethics was honestly so good I ended up taking Religious Studies at AS Level and I'd really recommend it. My course at AS Level was 1/3 each of philosophy, ethics and a religion in depth of which we did Buddhism and it was so interesting! I wish I could've taken it to A2 Level but I couldn't have handled 4 A Levels.
I'm doing GCSE and I'm in secondary school
I like English, and I like my English class all most of my friends are in that class, we have a funny teacher and I'm really good at that subject.

I also like computer science, but I hate the class most of them are annoying it's funny sometimes but I'm lonely as all my friends are in either french/spanish geography or science. Plus the teacher is a little weird sometimes. But on the upside I'm good at it and get high grades.
Thanks, I love the LOTF characters because they're just so interesting despite being fairly stereotypical sometimes. One of my friends thinks Simon is gay...idk why?
I know, I've done a little tiny bit and I can safely say me gusta Espaňol.

Yeah that's true. Is Simon the sensitive one that faints a lot? (it's been a while :colondollar:) Hmm I'm not sure about that either, but I guess everything's open to interpretation :smile:

Woo I'm glad you like it :dance:
Original post by lucieol
Yeah that's true. Is Simon the sensitive one that faints a lot? (it's been a while :colondollar:) Hmm I'm not sure about that either, but I guess everything's open to interpretation :smile:

Woo I'm glad you like it :dance:

Yeah and the really wise one too.
Because Simon is an outsider and different and different can be seen as gay for the time (homosexuality was illegal in '54)?
It's part of the higher level interpretations and it's her belief. She thinks he might like Ralph but I would t go that far.
Who were your favourite characters?
Personally, mine were Simon (RIP Simon), Ralph and, surprisingly, Jack. I don't know why-maybe because he's such a good villain idk 😂
Latin is my fav
Original post by Purplebottle
Latin is my fav

wow you do Latin? That's so cool! GCSE or A level?
wow, what are you planning to do career wise?

At the moment I think I want to work in the development of materials, either as an academic researcher or as part of a company
Original post by SkyRunner61
At the moment I think I want to work in the development of materials, either as an academic researcher or as part of a company

that's so cool, good luck xoxo
OP what’s your favourite subject? It’s not fair to ask the question and not answer it yourself :P
What are your fave school subjects to everyone who's in high school? And college students, which is your a levels is your favourite?

GCSE Maths because it was the easiest subject out of everything for me.
wow you do Latin? That's so cool! GCSE or A level?

I do it for gcse, latin language and the literature and culture of it. It’s really interesting and quite easy

Quick Reply

Latest