The Student Room Group

Have I wasted my teenage years?

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty much exactly like you. I have some close friends I usually hang out with during free periods, but there's no-one I talk to outside of school hours, nor do I even seek to do so. I don't have relationships either, even though I have experienced what could be judged as 'feelings' a couple of years ago for one person in my year I'm not close friends with. I'm personally waiting until university to find a proper group of friends and a potential 'romantic interest', so-to-speak, as there, I'll meet more like-minded people (and by that, I mean, able to meet a larger majority of people actually interested in wanting to do the work and interested in the things I am).
19, and feel the exact same. Been kicking myself for not making the most of my teens. Wish I could be 13 again😭
Reply 22
friends, experiences etc arent coming to you so you have to go them
Original post by Ol94
friends, experiences etc arent coming to you so you have to go them

Sad to think it happens automatically for most people but some of us get left out
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
19, and feel the exact same. Been kicking myself for not making the most of my teens. Wish I could be 13 again😭

could have came down to one event too one said no to. if said yes you could have gone met someone amazing been in a relationship and happy days. but as you said no you never met that person. and that could have been the difference between getting married or not
Original post by Ol94
could have came down to one event too one said no to. if said yes you could have gone met someone amazing been in a relationship and happy days. but as you said no you never met that person. and that could have been the difference between getting married or not

You went quite deep there. But I wasnt looking for a relationship tbh I just wanted to make some great memories
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
Sad to think it happens automatically for most people but some of us get left out

yeah but doesnt matter can still have friends regardless. can just go and talk to new people at school/gym/work anywhere,approach women, join clubs/societies, join online sites to meet ppl irl like tinder, meetup, perhaps go travelling, there are constant opportunities just gotta take advantage of them cos they arent coming to you
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ol94
yeah but doesnt matter can still have friends regardless. can just go and talk to new people at school/gym/work anywhere,approach women, join clubs/societies, join online sites to meet ppl irl like tinder, meetup, perhaps go travelling, there are constant opportunities just gotta take advantage of them cos they arent coming to you

Easier said than done tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending