The Student Room Group

How long would it take me to do these A levels

Hey guys,

I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. I have posted something related to this earlier. People told me 6 subjects were impossible. So I dropped 2. Now can I study this content in 2 months, revise for 4 or 5 months and get an A star? Is there someone who has done that? Thanks a lot, guys.

Scroll to see replies

there's a reason why the a-level course is spread over 2 years, not 6 months...
Reply 2
Original post by laurawatt
there's a reason why the A-level course is spread over 2 years, not 6 months...

I know but is it possible. Cause I did my GCSE'S in 3 months. I did 12 GCSEs. So is it possible?
Reply 3
Original post by saboor 123
I know but is it possible. Cause I did my GCSE'S in 3 months. I did 12 GCSEs. So is it possible?

Cause Haroon Tariq did his A levels in 1 year. He did 9 subjects
...any reason why you want to rush your A Levels?
Reply 5
Original post by SkyRunner61
...any reason why you want to rush your A Levels?

I want to get into uni as soon as possible. I want to get independent.
Reply 6
I want to get into uni as soon as possible. I want to get independent.

Most undergrad uni courses start in September, so unless you've already started your superfast mission, there's no point in rushing because even if you finish it all by Christmas, it's highly unlikely you can find a course to start in January unless it's not in the UK.

Is it possible to do 4 A-levels in 6 months? I don't know, depends on the person you are. Going non-stop it may be possible, but it'll also be super stressful because it is A LOT of content you have to cover.
Reply 7
Original post by Nmys
Most undergrad uni courses start in September, so unless you've already started your superfast mission, there's no point in rushing because even if you finish it all by Christmas, it's highly unlikely you can find a course to start in January unless it's not in the UK.

Is it possible to do 4 A-levels in 6 months? I don't know, depends on the person you are. Going non-stop it may be possible, but it'll also be super stressful because it is A LOT of content you have to cover.

I am doing my exams in June 2019. So is it possible? Do I have enough time?
Reply 8
I am doing my exams in June 2019. So is it possible? Do I have enough time?

You have a whole year of course it's possible :argh:
Reply 9
Original post by Nmys
You have a whole year of course it's possible :argh:

Oh thanks, but I don't think so. I want to start in after summer. Not a year sis. Are you a sis? You so9und like a very nice person. People are very lucky to have you.
Oh thanks, but I don't think so. I want to start in after summer. Not a year sis. Are you a sis? You so9und like a very nice person. People are very lucky to have you.

You must be very smart. And you look like a nice person. Can we be friends, if you dont mind.
Reply 11

Very random but thanks! Well if you start in September and sit exams in June it should be possible. But if you want to play it safe you can start a little bit now by looking at the curriculum and preparing all of your materials and textbooks now. I am not sure if you meant completing AS and A level in one year, but again I still think it's possible if you work super hard. It just might feel overwhelming at times.
Original post by Nmys
Very random but thanks! Well if you start in September and sit exams in June it should be possible. But if you want to play it safe you can start a little bit now by looking at the curriculum and preparing all of your materials and textbooks now. I am not sure if you meant completing AS and A level in one year, but again I still think it's possible if you work super hard. It just might feel overwhelming at times.

Ok sis. Thanks for your help[. I am doing as and a levels in one year, I am 14 by the way. Have you finished your a levels. If you have or havent can you be my friend so that we can work on stuff. I dont have many friends.
A day or two.
Original post by NotNotBatman
A day or two.

What?!!!!!! Isnt that
impossibel?
Original post by Nmys

What do you say friend? Can I do it in 2 days?
Reply 16
Ok sis. Thanks for your help[. I am doing as and a levels in one year, I am 14 by the way. Have you finished your a levels. If you have or havent can you be my friend so that we can work on stuff. I dont have many friends.

I'm going to give you some advice as an older person. It is hard to live alone, and being so young makes it even harder. You're too young for a job, you may even be too young for university. You cannot do things without your parents permission until you are 18 when you become a legal adult.

I don't know the reason behind you wanting to rush through life and finish your A-levels now, but slow down a bit, and if you need some help or support then talk to your teachers or someone you trust. Make friends in school or go places to meet new people. Just chill out a bit, rushing isn't going to help.
Original post by Nmys
I'm going to give you some advice as an older person. It is hard to live alone, and being so young makes it even harder. You're too young for a job, you may even be too young for university. You cannot do things without your parents permission until you are 18 when you become a legal adult.

I don't know the reason behind you wanting to rush through life and finish your A-levels now, but slow down a bit, and if you need some help or support then talk to your teachers or someone you trust. Make friends in school or go places to meet new people. Just chill out a bit, rushing isn't going to help.

I don't trust anyone. That's why I am asking you if you would be my friend?
Hey guys,

I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. I have posted something related to this earlier. People told me 6 subjects were impossible. So I dropped 2. Now can I study this content in 2 months, revise for 4 or 5 months and get an A star? Is there someone who has done that? Thanks a lot, guys.

2 months is a bit too long to be honest.

Maths modules shouldn't take you more than half a day each, and further maths may take a day max.

Physics is a bit longer, so it may take about a week if you work hard.

Haven't done economics, but it should probably be the same as physics.

Overall, it should take less than a month to do them all properly, and then you can practice.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by I'm God
2 months is a bit too long to be honest.

Maths modules shouldn't take you more than half a day each, and further maths may take a day max.

Physics is a bit longer, so it may take about a week if you work hard.

Haven't done economics, but it should probably be the same as physics.

Overall, it should take less than a month to do them all properly, and then you can practice.

Have you done these exams before?

Quick Reply

Latest