Feel free :smile:

17 M

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RhinoPlastyCmon

17 M

Why did you have a rhinoplasty?
Reply 2
Bigger? Smaller? Reshaped? What happened!
Original post by madmirrors
Why did you have a rhinoplasty?

My nose was left bent and had a bump on it due to a football injury when I was about 12. Really affected my confidence, self-esteem so I had to wait till I was around 18 to get the it done. Recovery starts now with final result appearing after 6 months.
Original post by 8472
Bigger? Smaller? Reshaped? What happened!

Football injury occurred which left a bump and deviated septum so I got the bump removed and straightened my nose. Tip has also become smaller :smile:
Reply 5
did you have to pay for it?
Original post by marupe
did you have to pay for it?

The NHS only does it for free if you have severe breathing problems which I did not have. I also did not trust my local hospital because they did such a bad job when I broke it initially and they had to fix the internal bone.

I therefore chose a top Harley Street surgeon which had got very good reviews and it costed me £7,500 for the whole procedure and aftercare. Quite a lot I know but definitely worth it.
If it makes you feel better about yourself then good on you! We only live once and to look and feel our best is important. :smile:
How long recovery time?

17 M

I have a deviated septum, and I am wanting to get septorhinoplasty done. The NHS did offer me surgery as it was affecting my breathing but I didn't approve the surgical procedure they wanted to carry out. Who was your surgeon? I heard Dr Silva and Lucian Ion are good.
Original post by Roryroars
How long recovery time?

Around 6 weeks, I think
Original post by Boss987
Around 6 weeks, I think
Ouch
Ouch

The final definite result is around 6 months, when ur bones and cartilage have healed.
Original post by Boss987
I have a deviated septum, and I am wanting to get septorhinoplasty done. The NHS did offer me surgery as it was affecting my breathing but I didn't approve the surgical procedure they wanted to carry out. Who was your surgeon? I heard Dr Silva and Lucian Ion are good.

Dr K Patel and yeah I've heard Dr Silva is good.
Dr K Patel and yeah I've heard Dr Silva is good.

Oh, thx. How were the morphs? How long did you have to wait after the consultation?
Original post by Boss987
Oh, thx. How were the morphs? How long did you have to wait after the consultation?

So I only had two consulations which each lasted 30 minutes before the actual surgery. He is a very nice and friendly guy. The morphs definitely increased my confidence in which it made the decision easier when choosing who to go with; the morphs looked very good as it was I wanted it to look like.
Original post by Boss987
The final definite result is around 6 months, when ur bones and cartilage have healed.
How long was surgery?
How long was surgery?

@RhinoPlastyCmon
How long was surgery?

About 2 and half hours under general anaesthetic. The anaesthetic hits you straight away and then boom off to sleep. And then once you wake up, your throat is VERY dry after breathing through the mouth so you drink water out of a straw.
About 2 and half hours under general anaesthetic. The anaesthetic hits you straight away and then boom off to sleep. And then once you wake up, your throat is VERY dry after breathing through the mouth so you drink water out of a straw.
Is your nose all packed now with gauze?

Quick Reply

Latest