The Student Room Group

Pregnant but not married

I just found out I'm ****ing pregnant :frown: i don't know how this happened my periods have always been irregular so i didn't think of anything when i missed my period but after the 3rd miss and nearly 4th i got a bit worried and since i kept feeling sick alot lately i bought s home preg test yesterday, didn't have the guts to do till like an hour ago and it came out positive I've been crying my eyes out in bed since then i feel so overwhelmed and like it's the end of my world idk who to turn to at this point. I have no idea what to do pls help me, I'm in s panic mode abd can't stop shaking and crying i wish i could re wind back to the day all the stuff happened but there's no point it's happened now. I just hate myself so so much for even having sex in the first place. I'm so lost, idk how I'm gonna face my family. Oh god i don't even want tomorrow to come. Please can someone give me some genuine advice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I just found out I'm ****ing pregnant :frown: i don't know how this happened my periods have always been irregular so i didn't think of anything when i missed my period but after the 3rd miss and nearly 4th i got a bit worried and since i kept feeling sick alot lately i bought s home preg test yesterday, didn't have the guts to do till like an hour ago and it came out positive I've been crying my eyes out in bed since then i feel so overwhelmed and like it's the end of my world idk who to turn to at this point. I have no idea what to do pls help me, I'm in s panic mode abd can't stop shaking and crying i wish i could re wind back to the day all the stuff happened but there's no point it's happened now. I just hate myself so so much for even having sex in the first place. I'm so lost, idk how I'm gonna face my family. Oh god i don't even want tomorrow to come. Please can someone give me some genuine advice

I sympathise with your plight- Don't hate yourself for what happened. Considering, how early you are at this stage you should probably see a GP/ Doctor and they can offer you pills which can end a pregancy within the seven to nine weeks. Most likely you can be able to take the pills in the house due to the early stage. You might discuss this with the partner who impregnated you. There is a lot of help you can reach to and it can be discreet- just don't punish yourself punitively for it.

If you want the baby- then you should discuss with your family- they might be mad but they wont abandon or ostracise you for it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Have you done another pregnancy test or gone to see your GP just to confirm?

Although pregnancy can seem daunting, it is time to make a plan. Firstly, contact your partner to let him know. Discuss what you both want to do.

Talking to your family can seem scary. They might be angry at first, but they still love you. In your own time, tell them when you are ready.
Ok first of all calm down. It’s done now so relax nothing is going to change by the snap of your fingers. I’ve not experienced anything like this so I might not be the best person to give you advice but hun get some sleep. Then in the morning figure out what you want to do. It’s all a lot but for now its really late and you can’t do much. In the morning you’ll be calmer at least.

Thoughts for the morning: are you still in touch with the guy? Do you wanna let him know? Do you want to keep the baby? Talk to a trusted friend or family member because obviously they’ll know your situation better than anyone of TSR and they’ll be able to give you proper personal advice.
Reply 4
Ok so wait for tomorrow to come to give yourself some time to think.

Talk to your family/friends and ask for their advice.
Go to your GP to confirm if you are or aren’t pregnant.
You have plenty of time to think about what you want to do as you’re early in the pregnancy. If you decided to go through with it then all is great. If you decide to go through with birthing but don’t want the baby then you can place the baby up for adoption. And if those options aren’t what you want to do then you’re able to have an abortion up until 21 weeks (so you have plenty of time).

Please spend at least a week thinking about what you want to do so you’re 100% sure it’s the right decision.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

P.s there’s nothing shameful or wrong about being unexpectedly pregnant or wanting to adopt or abort. It’s your choice and only your choice.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone. You're right i should probably sleep but i can't i feel like there is so little time for me to think of what to do tomorrow its stressing me out
I don't speak to the guy anymore we stopped talking the day we had sex which was the first and only time i had it i didn't even wanna have sex but he just kinda forced me into it and like an idiot i gave in bevause i felt embarrassed about saying no again. Ffs I'm such an idiot
And that was so long ago probably about 3 and a half months ago so doesn't that mean i must be like 4 months pregnant
Reply 6
Original post by Volkerbund1933
I sympathise with your plight- Don't hate yourself for what happened. Considering, how early you are at this stage you should probably see a GP/ Doctor and they can offer you pills which can end a pregancy within the seven to nine weeks. Most likely you can be able to take the pills in the house due to the early stage. You might discuss this with the partner who impregnated you. There is a lot of help you can reach to and it can be discreet- just don't punish yourself punitively for it.

If you want the baby- then you should discuss with your family- they might be mad but they wont abandon or ostracise you for it.

What are these pills called? And do i have to get it prescribed by the gp? I feel so embarrassed talking to anyone irl about this even my gp :frown:
What are these pills called? And do i have to get it prescribed by the gp? I feel so embarrassed talking to anyone irl about this even my gp :frown:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abortion/what-happens/

Gives a lot of info- Anything else to ask and I'll respond tomorrow. Keep it calm and think properly- you will just become more depressed and we dont want that
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by cheesecakelove
Have you done another pregnancy test or gone to see your GP just to confirm?

Although pregnancy can seem daunting, it is time to make a plan. Firstly, contact your partner to let him know. Discuss what you both want to do.

Talking to your family can seem scary. They might be angry at first, but they still love you. In your own time, tell them when you are ready.

No i haven't yet I'll do another one tomorrow i hope it comes out negstive6 :/

We dunt speak anymore

God no i could never talk to my family about this. My ostend would be so disappointed 😥 i feel like they'd abandon me, my siblings would be affected, they'd hste me forever
Reply 9
Parents*
Original post by Volkerbund1933
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abortion/what-happens/

Gives a lot of info- Anything else to ask and I'll respond tomorrow. Keep it calm and think properly- you will just become more depressed and we dont want that

Oh my gosh I didn't even realise taking the pill would abort it 😰😭
Hey their. You asked for genuine advice so Im gonna give it to you.My honest enuine advice.tell me ur age tho.

First of all,couldn't you have told your boyfriend to wear a condom.sex is and good-but you should of taken EVERY STEP TO AVOID A BABY.

Enough of that, listen.

1)TELL YOUR PARENTS OTHERWISE IT WILL GET SO MUCH WORSE.
2)I know this may sound cruel but have an abortion or give up your baby. I imagine your just a child yourself-so it would be unfair for you for not only losing your childhood but with a baby.
3)stay posative. Your future is planned out by the stars/God or whatever.Don't consider self-harm or suicide.It's not worth it.
4)Consult your boyfriend with the necissary and legal means.He needs to know he is a father
5)You shouldn't waste your future for a baby.Still go to school/college.Work hard

I hope things can get better for you.
Ok first of all calm down. It’s done now so relax nothing is going to change by the snap of your fingers. I’ve not experienced anything like this so I might not be the best person to give you advice but hun get some sleep. Then in the morning figure out what you want to do. It’s all a lot but for now its really late and you can’t do much. In the morning you’ll be calmer at least.

Thoughts for the morning: are you still in touch with the guy? Do you wanna let him know? Do you want to keep the baby? Talk to a trusted friend or family member because obviously they’ll know your situation better than anyone of TSR and they’ll be able to give you proper personal advice.

Thanks for your kind words I'm calmer but still really worried

To the Q's
No
No
Idk yet
I would talk to my friends but idk i might lose my friendship and with my parents i just feel they'd abandon me right there and then or even worse have a heart attack or something and i don't to anything bad happening to them
Original post by Joel 96
Just informing the OP that there’s now another life involved in the discussion. Sorry that the reality triggers you.

And do you think i don't know
I can't stop crying it's his fault alot more than mine and he's probs sleeping in bed n won't give a f if i tell him
Original post by girl101_forlife
Hey their. You asked for genuine advice so Im gonna give it to you.My honest enuine advice.tell me ur age tho.

First of all,couldn't you have told your boyfriend to wear a condom.sex is and good-but you should of taken EVERY STEP TO AVOID A BABY.

Enough of that, listen.

2)I know this may sound cruel but have an abortion or give up your baby. I imagine your just a child yourself-so it would be unfair for you for not only losing your childhood but with a baby.
3)stay posative. Your future is planned out by the stars/God or whatever.Don't consider self-harm or suicide.It's not worth it.
4)Consult your boyfriend with the necissary and legal means.He needs to know he is a father
5)You shouldn't waste your future for a baby.Still go to school/college.Work hard

I didn't because i didn't know that on some random day I'd end up having sex, i told him i didn't wanna and wasn't ready but he was like its ok dw. And no sex is nit good it ^so painful from the strart to tht end and in the end he just tells ditches me like that i felt like a ****ing toy. If only i hadnt given in i wouldn't be here crying my eyes out
Original post by girl101_forlife

Enough of that, listen.

Im 18
Ik I'll need to tell my parents cos i can't be going hospital or gp on my own, i can't even drive, but idk how and when it's so hard

Thanks I'll think about something 😥
Original post by Joel 96
If you knew, you wouldn’t be asking on what to do. You admit you made a mistake in having sex, and that’s good, but admission is the first step towards taking responsibility. You need to actually act as well. People in this thread will tell you abortion is an option, that there’s an easy way out of this, but it’s never the right one. You didn’t plan your life this way, no one in your position does, but your life won’t be ruined by this. You have a chance to start new and care for the baby.

You don't have to emotionall, physically or financially take care of the child. Is it just that easy? Having the child is an option, but there are other options. The OP seems young a d the father used her for sex and abandoned her - what a fantastic parent he would make! Have a bit of compassion and maturity please.

Hi darling, firstly how old are you?
Secondly, the father of the baby, if he pressured you into sex with him then you should report him but that's up to you. He also has the right to know about his child so weather he gives af or not u will have done the right thing by telling him.

I want you to understand that there are numerous options for you right now and no matter what you do next you have to think of your baby and what will be best for it, if it will be born into a world where it isn't suitable is it fair on that child? But at the end of the day the decision is yours and you do what you want to do.

I know your probably very scared right now but my inbox is always open if you just want a chat about anything.

Much love x
Reply 19
Hi darling, firstly how old are you?
Secondly, the father of the baby, if he pressured you into sex with him then you should report him but that's up to you. He also has the right to know about his child so weather he gives af or not u will have done the right thing by telling him.

I want you to understand that there are numerous options for you right now and no matter what you do next you have to think of your baby and what will be best for it, if it will be born into a world where it isn't suitable is it fair on that child? But at the end of the day the decision is yours and you do what you want to do.

I know your probably very scared right now but my inbox is always open if you just want a chat about anything.

Much love x

Oops sorry I posted it anonymously

Latest

Trending

Trending