The Student Room Group

Why is it so hot

^TITLE
I don't understand this UK (London) sun. I go on holiday to places which have much hotter temperatures such as Angola and I can easily hack/ firm the weather because it is a nice kind of hot, but here it is just unbearable?? Is it because there is no wind which is making the air so dry? I did geography for A level a few months ago so i feel like I should know but it fully doesn't make sense to me. Even in Spain, the weather is HOT but more bearable and actually nice. I dont even wanna go outside anymore
Original post by JinxBinx
^TITLE
I don't understand this UK (London) sun. I go on holiday to places which have much hotter temperatures such as Angola and I can easily hack/ firm the weather because it is a nice kind of hot, but here it is just unbearable?? Is it because there is no wind which is making the air so dry? I did geography for A level a few months ago so i feel like I should know but it fully doesn't make sense to me. Even in Spain, the weather is HOT but more bearable and actually nice. I dont even wanna go outside anymore

I think it's because of where England is on the map. We sit right in the middle of where the hot and cold temperatures hit?

But I get you. This heat is scorching compared to tropical or Mediterranean heat. It seems like over here, there's no layer of protection - it just burns straight through, whereas other hot places there's a warmness to it, not "I'm gonna die if I stay in the heat" lol.

I hate this kind of weather, it is unbearable!
I would recommend that you stay away from all corners, These are usually 90° !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been hot ever since I took off my shirt.
Reply 4
Satan.
it's probably because of the sun idk tho
Original post by Castro Saint
it's probably because of the sun idk tho

The sun's gone down and it's still too ****ing hot :colonhash:
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
The sun's gone down and it's still too ****ing hot :colonhash:

contrary to popular belief the sun is actually always there even if you can't see it
Try going to Japan then.
Reply 9
Original post by theedave001
I would recommend that you stay away from all corners, These are usually 90° !!!!!!!!!!!!!

😂😂😂 what a dad joke
Reply 10
Original post by random_matt
Try going to Japan then.

True. Idk how they are coping
Reply 11
Original post by Harold Saxon

Exactly. I opened my window and it got hotter inside 💀
^TITLE

Climate change? :headfire:
Reply 13
I dropped my mixtape.
Reply 14
Original post by Iluv2edgedsword
Climate change? :headfire:

but lord tr*mp says it doesnt exist
but lord tr*mp says it doesnt exist

Trump is not the lord , mate!:noway:
Original post by gjd800
Satan.

:lolz:
Original post by Harold Saxon

Exactly. I opened my window and it got hotter inside 💀

keep your clothes on please. what you need is a long floaty dress with sleeves, like the arabic people wear. it will keep you cooler and you're less likely to burn.

Quick Reply

Latest