The Student Room Group

Texas waiter admits ‘we don’t tip terrorist’ receipt was a hoax

A waiter in Texas named “Khalil” was called a terrorist by a customer who left him no tip, prompting the restaurant to ban the customer and allowing the waiter to raise about $1,000 in sympathy tips from Facebook.

On Sunday night, the restaurant said in a statement that the incident was faked and that Cavil no longer worked there. The statement neither explained how the restaurant learned this or whether Mr. Cavil was fired or resigned.

The following day, Cavil admitted in an interview that the incident at Saltgrass Steak House was all a hoax “I did lie to you,” he told the paper.

“I did write it,” Mr. Cavil told the Odessa paper, refusing to explain why. “I don’t have an explanation. I made a mistake. There is no excuse for what I did.”

The fake story won national attention and Mr. Cavil said he hoped to spur conversation “about this hatred that is still going on, that is still here and prevalent.”

Mr. Turney said the formerly banned customer had been contacted and told he could come back “to dine on us.”

He also said Monday that he had nearly finished returning all the money donated to him under false pretenses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/23/khalil-cavil-saltgrass-steak-house-waiter-admits-w/

It is bad enough to make up a hate crime against yourself, but to blame it on an innocent customer? He is lucky that the customer was never named.

Scroll to see replies

Very immature action. Should be repurcussion for this sort of behaviour. Maybe a fine or a lot of community service.

He has harmed an innocent person's reputation and caused them stress. He has also armed far right people with ammunition, they have a reason now to treat Muslims like the boy who cried wolf.
Reply 2
This keeps happening at an alarming rate. Seems to people are so desperate to be oppressed to be welcome by the radical left that they’ll create imaginary hate crimes to get attention. Isn’t this muchowzen syndrome? Lol
Reply 3
Happens all time actually.

POC know their privilege

If the tipper is White, they're ****ed.
Same thing happened with the black waitress in Virginia (or was it Georgia?) who claimed customers left a racist comment on the bill. Turned out the comment was written on a reprint of the bill made after the establishment had closed. Oops. But the woman had already accumulated thousands of dollars in donations as well as international media attention before this eventually came to light. What's worse is that most of the major media outlets didn't even retract their articles or provide updates.

There needs to be more caution when running stories like these. There's often a distinct lack of verification, and the 'victim' can easily be making things up, but news outlets will still run the story as though it's fact.
What an absolute pig
Reply 6
If reality doesn't confirm your prejudice, just make something up.
Reply 7
Original post by Milax1x
This keeps happening at an alarming rate. Seems to people are so desperate to be oppressed to be welcome by the radical left that they’ll create imaginary hate crimes to get attention. Isn’t this muchowzen syndrome? Lol

Interesting spelling of Munchausen
Reply 8
This is typical of Muslims. They hate non-Muslim Indians and they fake it because they dislike their socioeconomic conditions. Even in the US they are poorer than Hindus.
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
Interesting spelling of Munchausen

I wrote that comment after working a 15 hour shift and I have dyspraxia. You still got the point so...
Original post by hailye2
This is typical of Muslims. They hate non-Muslim Indians and they fake it because they dislike their socioeconomic conditions. Even in the US they are poorer than Hindus.

Is this all you do, arselick indians?:biggrin::biggrin: **** me
Reply 11
Original post by rhaegar458
Is this all you do, arselick indians?:biggrin::biggrin: **** me

I'm actually Hindu and Indian. I've decided to spend some time of TSR fighting what I perceive to be Anti-India sentiment like this Texas waiter is spewing out.
There has been they steady flow of these cases over the last year and a half and it would be interesting to see a definitive list of them collected.
This certainly appears to be kudos to be gained on the left from painting yourself a victim.
Reply 13
Original post by hailye2

What has this article got to do with Indians? :s-smilie:
Original post by hailye2
I'm actually Hindu and Indian. I've decided to spend some time of TSR fighting what I perceive to be Anti-India sentiment like this Texas waiter is spewing out.

Nope you're Sri Lankan and you're begging to be indian. You're not and never will be indian, sorry.
Original post by rhaegar458
Nope you're Sri Lankan and you're begging to be indian. You're not and never will be indian, sorry.

Why would anyone even want to be indian if you aren’t one, loool this guy
Original post by hailye2

Mate this incident has nothing to do with India
Original post by hailye2

your comment is very prejudicial.

being wealthier equates to what exactly?

muslims value character - good manners, morals, etc. not money. most religions reject materialism.

and im pretty sure muslim Americans are the least likely religious group to commit crimes, and their women are the highest educated amongst any other religious group.
Reply 18
dear lord, if he needed proof of racism all he had to do is join TSR.
Reply 19
Original post by akbar0123
Mate this incident has nothing to do with India

Muslims are the main threat to India. They embody the concept of Anti-India.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending