The Student Room Group

Life at Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daian0205
Hi. Would you happen to know what sort of laptop the library provides?

Thanks.

Lenovo laptop which can be tablets too
can you dye your hair?
Original post by MrBirlingwhy
can you dye your hair?

Yea
So if I come in pink hair it is allowed???
So if I come in pink hair it is allowed???

Yea
[QUOTE="Toastiekid;78469126"]Kings maths school
Original post by Toastiekid
Kings maths school:eek3: and a few more local ones (I’m not really central London). Are you set on this one?

When you say kings do you mean the one in Rochester?
[QUOTE="Tobolobo;78984502"]
Original post by Toastiekid
Kings maths school

When you say kings do you mean the one in Rochester?

No it’s in Lambeth:wink:
How many free periods do you guys get in a week?
Original post by Ihatelife2
How many free periods do you guys get in a week?

around 3/4
What is the worst thing about the school?
Original post by Phobophobia
What is the worst thing about the school?

This question is personal. For some, it’s the workload. For some, it’s travel. For some, it’s Saturday school (though this doesn’t apply to you). Some say the teachers so there’s no definitive answer for that .
I have another question and is that although im very sure I have gotten the grades I require, there is a problem in english. I dont think I have gotten the frade required (although I already have a 4 in english they wanted me to reapeat it again). In this case what do I do?
I have another question and is that although im very sure I have gotten the grades I require, there is a problem in english. I dont think I have gotten the frade required (although I already have a 4 in english they wanted me to reapeat it again). In this case what do I do?

What do you mean by you having a 4 in eng? Did u do it in Year 10?
Do you have lockers? Also what calculator would you advice for a level maths? And what did you guys do during the holidays to prepare for a levels after year 11? Do you have to pay for the textbooks? What advice would give to us when starting year 12 and what should we not do?
Original post by HWSF Senate
What do you mean by you having a 4 in eng? Did u do it in Year 10?

Yeah I did
Reply 95
Original post by HWSF Senate
Hi everyone! We are the Student Senate from HWSF. The purpose of this thread is for you guys to ask any questions about the school. We will try to answer as honestly as possible!

Suggested Questions:
-Saturday School
-Teachers
-Sports
-Cultural Perspective
-Societies
-Vicinity of school
-Subject choices
-House System

Thank you !

HWSF Student Senate

What was the first day like at the sixth form ? Did those who chose maths have to do a test in the first lesson
Heya, could I enrol on results day? I forgot to apply but I did a late application. I have really good predicted grades
does maths and further maths count as one subject at Harris westminster?
Original post by Palestine123
Do you have lockers? Also what calculator would you advice for a level maths? And what did you guys do during the holidays to prepare for a levels after year 11? Do you have to pay for the textbooks? What advice would give to us when starting year 12 and what should we not do?

Currently we don't have lockers but it is something that we are constantly looking into and something that we are desperate to get. However, we do have coat hangers and if you get along well with some teachers they might even be kind enough for you to leave something in there classroom.

For maths I would recommend the Casio Classwiz fx-991EX as it becomes especially useful when you start statistics.
Over the summer between year 11 and 12 I read quite a few books (non fiction and fiction), went through my GCSE notes for the subjects I was going to take (for subjects that build on GCSE knowledge), did the homework set by the teachers at Harris (eg. The Bridging the gap maths booklet is super useful) and did some online courses etc. There are also some bridging the gap CGP books that help with A Level preparation as well.

You don't have to pay for textbooks !

The Senate are currently making survival guides you will get on induction day and these include our top tips. Personally, my top tip would be to make sure you keep up to date with work from the start because A Levels are full of content and if you miss something or don't understand something it will definitely come back to bite. Another tip would be to make loads of friends, embrace all the opportunities Harris has and read a lot.

Feel free to ask us more questions if you have any!
Original post by cherry1011
Heya, could I enrol on results day? I forgot to apply but I did a late application. I have really good predicted grades

Give the school a ring once you have gotten your results. If there is space and you have gotten the required grades to get in, they will invite you in for an informal chat. A lot of people do get into the school this way.

Quick Reply

Latest