Can't Sleep!!!! Watch

i have no name
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay guys I need advice as I have been barely getting any sleep for the last 4 weeks.

I do feel sleep is over rated but I feel like it really is taking a toll on my body! How much do you guys sleep and how do you fall asleep easily?

I have been getting in bed for 11 pm and not falling asleep till like 2/3 am!

I have to wake up for work at 7 am and this is murdering me I have no energy and I feel like a zombie at work.

Has anybody experienced these problems or do you have any techniques that help you get a good night's sleep?

Edit: A friend sent me this link and said the apps have helped him! Has anybody tried these white noise/rain apps and have they helped?

http://theypzone.com/3-elite-tips-on...-a-millennial/
HarrisonAF
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suffer from stuff like this, but there are so many causes for it, could be literally anything.

Do you suffer from anxiety or depression? Also, did you ever consider that it could be the heatwave thats causing you problems?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
This was happening to me for a long time as well actually I was trying to solve the problem with coffee. Which worked for weeks before i had to pay back the lump sum in a gigantic crash.

Nothing works!
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look into what you are doing in the hours before you sleep. Sometimes eating late at night, drinking caffeinated drinks, watching TV or using your computer can disrupt your sleep. You could also look into ways to help you relax, e.g. meditation, light exercise, reading, listening to podcasts, drinking camomile tea, etc. Like the above poster says, also look into your daily life too, as other factors can affect your sleep.
rareform
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah this is becoming a common problem around here probably due to poor studying habits. Thing is really you should be aiming to get more sleep.
Apps are pretty useful
FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ecolier
i have no name
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Look into what you are doing in the hours before you sleep. Sometimes eating late at night, drinking caffeinated drinks, watching TV or using your computer can disrupt your sleep. You could also look into ways to help you relax, e.g. meditation, light exercise, reading, listening to podcasts, drinking camomile tea, etc. Like the above poster says, also look into your daily life too, as other factors can affect your sleep.

That is a good idea, I normally come home from work and go to bed after eating so don't end up doing much.

A friend sent me a link that talks about using rain sounds and stuff to help relax and sleep, here is the link have you tried anything like that?

i have no name
Rep:
?
(Original post by HarrisonAF)
I suffer from stuff like this, but there are so many causes for it, could be literally anything.

Do you suffer from anxiety or depression? Also, did you ever consider that it could be the heatwave thats causing you problems?
I don't feel like its anxiety or depression! I don't think it is the heatwave either, what methods have you tried? A friend told me he uses apps that make white noise in the background to sleep better
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
why can't you sleep? i can't sleep right now because it's too dang hot, plus i have generalised anxiety.

i think you can buy calming tea and i've heard lavender is relaxing, but i haven' tried either.
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apparently if you do not fall asleep within 15 minutes of your head hitting the pillow, then you have insomnia.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by i have no name)
That is a good idea, I normally come home from work and go to bed after eating so don't end up doing much.

A friend sent me a link that talks about using rain sounds and stuff to help relax and sleep, here is the link have you tried anything like that?

There are a lot of good tips in this link. You want to make sure you create a relaxing and comfortable environment for sleep. Usually white noise can help people drift off, or you could try listening to ASMR videos.
i have no name
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Apparently if you do not fall asleep within 15 minutes of your head hitting the pillow, then you have insomnia.
that might be the most ridiculous thing I have heard today
HarrisonAF
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't feel like its anxiety or depression! I don't think it is the heatwave either, what methods have you tried? A friend told me he uses apps that make white noise in the background to sleep better
I’ve tried multiple things. If it’s a noise issue then you could try earbuds or what you just mentioned. You could also try taking melatonin, if it isn’t already, try making your room as dark as possible whilst you sleep

Is there any reason in particular why you might be struggling to get to sleep?
AspiringAccount
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Enter Chloroform...............
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that might be the most ridiculous thing I have heard today
Hey man, don't shoot the messenger.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AspiringAccount)
Enter Chloroform...............
Marijuana.
i have no name
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
There are a lot of good tips in this link. You want to make sure you create a relaxing and comfortable environment for sleep. Usually white noise can help people drift off, or you could try listening to ASMR videos.
Have you tried any of the tips on the link yourself? Any experiences or reviews?
AB823
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Breathe very slowly and think about your breathing only. Just your breathing. Although your mind will wonder, be happy you noticed and bring attention back to breathing and focus on that one thing. Every time your mind wonders bring focus back every time.

A lady came to my school and did mindfulness and it’s cured my issues with sleep.

https://www.nosleeplessnights.com/mi...ess-exercises/ - this might be worth looking at?
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay guys I need advice as I have been barely getting any sleep for the last 4 weeks.

I do feel sleep is over rated but I feel like it really is taking a toll on my body! How much do you guys sleep and how do you fall asleep easily?

I have been getting in bed for 11 pm and not falling asleep till like 2/3 am!

I have to wake up for work at 7 am and this is murdering me I have no energy and I feel like a zombie at work.

Has anybody experienced these problems or do you have any techniques that help you get a good night's sleep?
I sleep for 10+ hours.
If it's school period, I'll tell my mind now we only sleep for 7+ hours.

I fall asleep so easily because I'm always so excited to start dreaming. Call me a Psycho or whatever, but going to bed is the highlight of my day every day. You can enter a world of your imagination and do stuff you've always wanted to do.
Dreaming allows me to escape from the physical world to a realm where anything you think goes.

That's why I sleep so easily.
Foreverton
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As previously suggested it is very likely to be the heatwave. Our core temperature needs to cool down for us to fall asleep so as suggested a shower would definitely help as well as splashing a bit of water on your face. Have the door and window open and don’t cover yourself in a thick blanket. If it’s still not helping then try not using any electronics an hour before bed, block all light from your bedroom, turn clocks over (stops clock watching), lavender is supposed to be good, don’t do any exercise before bed, maintain a sleep schedule every day, avoid caffeine, don’t eat just before bed, allow time to unwind in the evening, get outside every day, if you can’t sleep don’t roll around in bed do something like read or whatever helps u relax and if u do use ur phone or laptop late then use the night shift thing. You can probably find loads more online but heat is definitely a big factor especially given the timeframe you’ve mentioned
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads