The Student Room Group

20 year old jailed for sex with 13 year old girl *trigger warning*

Rightfully going to jail, his lawyer is trying to claim he has dyslexia and is only comfortable around younger people but surely he knew this was wrong https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/donald-miller-20-jailed-sex-14946453

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Disgusting
Dyslexia :biggrin::biggrin:
Bless his defence lawyer, he had to try something but man that's a stretch and then some.

Seems pretty deserving of jail to me.
Do we really have to say trigger warning on every article with an uncomfortable topic?
I mean lawyers gonna lawyer, what do you expect?
Reply 5
You’re supposed to put the trigger warning before the triggering content so people can stop reading.

Also, lol at the lawyer thinking dyslexia would make someone a rapist. Lawyers keep giving the public more reasons to hate them every single day
I'm sure people with dyslexia don't find that offensive at all...
is he jailed for 2 years?wtf. i thought that s*** was life imprisonment
I'm thinking at this point it would be easier to have a trigger warning tag that is automatically applied to every thread in this forum.
Original post by _gcx
I'm thinking at this point it would be easier to have a trigger warning tag that is automatically applied to every thread in this forum.

I'm personally more of a fan of the "treat people like adults and let them figure out if the thread is going to upset them from the thread title" approach.
Reply 10
Give me 5 minutes in that bathroom with him

Id show him who's boss
I'd expect his fudge will be well and truly nudged as a lesson in jail.
Reply 12
They should probably send the lawyer there as well, what an asinine defense.
I sHaGgEd hEr BeCaUsE I CaNt rEaD hEr AgE
Original post by Napp
They should probably send the lawyer there as well, what an asinine defense.

She's just doing her job, they're obligated to mount a defence for their client. When the case is cut and dry, like this one, that sometimes doesn't leave them with a whole lot to work with, hence the guilty plea.
Reply 15
I wasnt being entirely serious. Nevertheless that is one of the more galling "defenses" i've heard of.
Hahahah dyslexia so finds it easier to be with younger people :facepalm:

Because that’s what dyslexia is about.

That’s how it works innit @ChaoticButterfly
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
Hahahah dyslexia so finds it easier to be with younger people :facepalm:

Because that’s what dyslexia is about.

That’s how it works innit @ChaoticButterfly

Well my friends were often younger when I was at school. :P

I'm not a pedo though.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well my friends were often younger when I was at school. :P

I'm not a pedo though.

Yeah like 2 years younger I don’t mean that though, I mean your attitude to teenagers and age difference in general. But whatever you’ll say some other **** that puts you in the right
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yeah like 2 years younger I don’t mean that though, I mean your attitude to teenagers and age difference in general. But whatever you’ll say some other **** that puts you in the right

When I was in sixth form I was freinds with someone in year 7 I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending