The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nina313
same as title

Depends who to as that would give you an idea of any ethical implications.
So the answer would be maybe or maybe not based upon the information provided.
why not
Reply 3
Lol no. And if you get caught enjoy your potentially permanent ban from future education
The person buying the assignment is the one who should be thinking about ethics. Even then, they're free to choose to do whatever they want. It's no one else's business.
Original post by Milax1x
enjoy your potentially permanent ban from future education

Why?
Reply 6
Original post by wonderuss
Why?

Because if you’re discovered selling assignments then in future classes you will be considered a threat to academic integrity and you should rightfully be banned
No
Original post by Milax1x
Because if you’re discovered selling assignments then in future classes you will be considered a threat to academic integrity and you should rightfully be banned

But what if someone didn't know it was not allowed, and thought it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Also, they're not on the 'cheating' side of things, they're only selling their assignments.
Reply 9
Of course not.
But what if someone didn't know it was not allowed, and thought it was a perfectly fine thing to do? Also, they're not on the 'cheating' side of things, they're only selling their assignments.

Ignorance isn’t a defence. Selling your work so others can pass an assignment without doing their own work is very clearly against the rules. Selling assignments is producing, allowing and funding cheating.

You best pray you don’t get caught or you’ll enjoy a sweet ban and lose your qualifications.
Reply 11

I want to sell my college assignments and I have completed the course. will I get in trouble for it in Uni?
Original post by nina313
I want to sell my college assignments and I have completed the course. will I get in trouble for it in Uni?

Yes you will, don't do it.
Original post by Milax1x
Ignorance isn’t a defence. Selling your work so others can pass an assignment without doing their own work is very clearly against the rules. Selling assignments is producing, allowing and funding cheating.

You best pray you don’t get caught or you’ll enjoy a sweet ban and lose your qualifications.

But why are you assuming that someone buying an assignment is buying it to submit it as their own work? What if they just want to use it to help them with their assignment, give them ideas etc, which is something that can be found for free all over the internet and is basically what research pre-assignment-writing entails
Original post by nina313

I don't know
Original post by nina313

The more pertinent question is who wants to buy your crappy college assignments?
Ethics is something that is unique to each individual, you could argue there is no right or wrong - depending on how you look at it. The work is yours, you have produced it yourself (I assume?), which means you can do what you want with it. However, if that work is copied/plagiarised, then that’s when it becomes not only ‘unethical’ but illegal - specially if you are knowingly selling it to be copied by others.

Alternatively, if selling is what you want to do, then you could offer to provide help and advice for work etc. The other thing is - is the work your selling an A* piece of work? If you sell your work and it does t bring the desired results for the buyer, it could come back on you.
Reply 17
Afraid not.
Where i am doing my apprenticeship we all copied off the previous apprentice, even my line manager. Then one day I didn't reword what i copied and just pasted word for word. Our assessor recconised the work and said it was plagiarism.
Original post by 5corpio777
Ethics is something that is unique to each individual, you could argue there is no right or wrong - depending on how you look at it. The work is yours, you have produced it yourself (I assume?), which means you can do what you want with it. However, if that work is copied/plagiarised, then that’s when it becomes not only ‘unethical’ but illegal - specially if you are knowingly selling it to be copied by others.

Alternatively, if selling is what you want to do, then you could offer to provide help and advice for work etc. The other thing is - is the work your selling an A* piece of work? If you sell your work and it does t bring the desired results for the buyer, it could come back on you.

You could try that with your uni compliance hearing. I can see why you are a lawyer.
Reply 19
Original post by Lisandy
Afraid not.
Where i am doing my apprenticeship we all copied off the previous apprentice, even my line manager. Then one day I didn't reword what i copied and just pasted word for word. Our assessor recconised the work and said it was plagiarism.

:clap2:

Latest

Trending

Trending