The Student Room Group

Model agency scam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I’ve had several emails from

River Models
Zera Models
The talents room

But after reading all this feedback I’m a bit skeptic!!
Original post by MBibiDr
I’ve had several emails from

River Models
Zera Models
The talents room

But after reading all this feedback I’m a bit skeptic!!

I actually haven’t heard of them sorry I couldn’t help if I do hear anything I will reply to this tread if you really research you should be able to find out sorry I wasn’t more help
Original post by Bharti ank
I got Appointment of 17.7.2018 from The Fashion Lounge Devonshire Place Mews LONDON W1G 6DD . firstly they called me and asked me to pay 50pound but later they ask me to pay 100pounds which is refundable because I am student therefore, they also said to bring 6 type of clothing style . Is it real model agency? Assist me whether I have to go on my appointment date or not.need your assistance

Hi I just noticed the name were your going it’s definitely a scam I sure that’s were I went get your 50 deposit back they will refund that to you
Original post by Sarahjane. Ob
Hi I just noticed the name were your going it’s definitely a scam I sure that’s were I went get your 50 deposit back they will refund that to you

I have the same mine was arranged through zera models, everything looks legit from their website and emails, I'm going to the NY fadhion studios in Soho, I only paid £50 I'm still unsure what do do !
Original post by 345ACRAK01
I have the same mine was arranged through zera models, everything looks legit from their website and emails, I'm going to the NY fadhion studios in Soho, I only paid £50 I'm still unsure what do do !

I actually haven’t heard anything about the ny fashion studios but if you don’t have to travel much you have paid the 50 deposit allready so when you turn up you get your 50 back you will know when you get there if they ask for money don’t give it or sign anything to say you will pay by month if a agency wants you they will not want money i was watching Paul fishers show and he doesn’t ask for a penny and storm modeling agency will not ask for money if they want you you get a contract to work with them but if there like all these places like one models that charge you to put pictures up and you won’t get any work from it there a scam I recommend you go to the well known agency’s
They tried to do the same thing to me too. But it was on Instagram and their name is marvle models! They have no shame and they will try and get you to pay the money by bank transfer. Its the same schtick they say you have an modelling job in Swansea and they said the company that was shooting and in need was loreal . a model dropped out last minute and the girl whose name is Chelsea has been trying to find a model to submit in her place. They tell you you have to pay for accommodation and costume £500 which will be reimbursed at the shoot site. Lies !!
It's a scam zera models work with new york fashion in Oxford circus then when they go your hard earned money they pass u on to the platform that make you join up with a scam agency like TMA. Beware of manning@model-network he's the one that refers you to join agencies and you won't get work as they get a cut by passing you on.
Original post by 345ACRAK01

They will take your money at the end as they want you to buy portfolio and they say if you want to be a model then you need a portfolio. Be aware as zera models refer you to agency's where you pay alot to join..
I was contacted today and paid £50 to attend a shoot on Monday. How do I get this money back now I know it's a scam?
I think you can ring and cancel you probably have so many hours to cancel if not turn up on the day and you will get it back just ask for your deposit hopefully you won’t need to turn up
Original post by Melkorath
Hey guys, I recently submitted a photo to a site called UK Models and two days later I received a call from a worker there telling me that they liked my photo and that they wanted to give me a free photo shoot at one of their studios in London in order to A: build me a portfolio, B: see whether I was cut out for modelling and C: see what kind of modelling I would be suited for. The guy on the phone came across as incredibly nice, although of course that could have been an act, and he sent me a few emails laying out the details of the free shoot. The following are a few excerpts from the email they sent me:

"Our studios have offered us a limited number of 4 hour photo shoots for applicants that are serious about breaking into the modelling industry. On the day you will have 3-4 hair and makeup changes to see how versatile your look is. You will have indoor and outdoor location shoots (depending on the weather) to see how you perform in a professional environment, as well as in front of the public."

"If you are successful on the day and our team feel that you have modelling potential and believe that you could go out and get paid work, you will be invited to have a consultation with one of our image consultants. They will go through all of your photos and help you work out which area/s of modelling you should pursue. If you wish to take the next step, we will then look at building you a suitable portfolio. A portfolio is your visual C.V. and will be tailored to your chosen area/s of modelling and your budget . We will then give you direction as to which agencies to forward your images onto and ideally, in a matter of 3-4 weeks you should be signed up to an agency and getting some work coming in. All of our packages include advice and guidance about agencies, contracts, & castings, etc."

"As you have been shortlisted, we cover the cost of the photo shoot for you. This will include a personal makeup artist, a hairstylist and a professional fashion photographer for that day, as well as the cost of studio hire. The portfolio service is only offered if you are successful."

"We will send you a confirmation pack through post once the appointment has been confirmed with yourself and the studio, containing a letter giving you your appointment date and time, a full written receipt of the booking deposit and a directions/map to the studios. You will also receive a confirmation email as soon as your booking is confirmed.

Once you have read this email, please call me on 0207 135 2076 to book your appointment. Please note: anyone under the age of 22 will need to attend with a parent."

I never thought in my life that I would fall for such a scam, and I feel incredibly angry with both myself for being stupid and angry at this company for being so evil. My subsequent research into the matter has left me convinced that this must be a scam, as the way that this business has operated does not seem in accordance with how modelling agencies are supposed to work. I will be cancelling my shoot and I am sad to lose £50 for nothing, but these b*stards will not get another penny from me. I urge all who read this who are interested in advancing into the modelling industry to BE CYNICAL AND BE CAUTIOUS. Look at how these things are supposed to run before you get suckered like me.

I received the same and unfortunately I have lost the £50.00 pounds. I am very worried cause they have all my personal details and I'm concerned about identity theft. I've canceled my card but I still feel so sick and paranoid about the situation. How do you deal with that. I wish I had been as wise as you.
Cancel your credit cards immediately after paying the £50. I did thankfully as an attempt was made using my card details with Nike for £179!!!!
The the guy on the phone called addy a black guy a lot of girls get caught with him and the way he talks young girls into he’s horrible scam is disgusting I flew from Ireland to England just for that shoot with my daughter I’m still angry over it he needs to be locked up I did get a message of a reporter from the bbc saying she’s doing a story on them model scams there big business now
Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. I was meant to go this Sunday but I won't now as I know it's a scam.
Oh I'm very sorry to hear that. I was meant to go this Sunday but I won't now as I know it's a scam.
Unfortunately it is s scam 3/4 hour makeup just that line alone should make people worried a real modeling agency does not want makeup it’s all about the natural these people are scamming young girls and putting them off modeling for life I actually don’t know how they sleep at night my next visit to London I will make time to see them and what I have to say will not be nice I will be taking pictures of them all
I have just received my welcome pack today and I felt sick to my stomach. Iso it worth going to the photoshoot or not ? I'm scared that their a real company and that I will be charged £115 fine if I don't go as that's what it says in the welcome pack. Suggestions ??
Original post by Melkorath
Hey guys, I recently submitted a photo to a site called UK Models and two days later I received a call from a worker there telling me that they liked my photo and that they wanted to give me a free photo shoot at one of their studios in London in order to A: build me a portfolio, B: see whether I was cut out for modelling and C: see what kind of modelling I would be suited for. The guy on the phone came across as incredibly nice, although of course that could have been an act, and he sent me a few emails laying out the details of the free shoot. The following are a few excerpts from the email they sent me:

"Our studios have offered us a limited number of 4 hour photo shoots for applicants that are serious about breaking into the modelling industry. On the day you will have 3-4 hair and makeup changes to see how versatile your look is. You will have indoor and outdoor location shoots (depending on the weather) to see how you perform in a professional environment, as well as in front of the public."

"If you are successful on the day and our team feel that you have modelling potential and believe that you could go out and get paid work, you will be invited to have a consultation with one of our image consultants. They will go through all of your photos and help you work out which area/s of modelling you should pursue. If you wish to take the next step, we will then look at building you a suitable portfolio. A portfolio is your visual C.V. and will be tailored to your chosen area/s of modelling and your budget . We will then give you direction as to which agencies to forward your images onto and ideally, in a matter of 3-4 weeks you should be signed up to an agency and getting some work coming in. All of our packages include advice and guidance about agencies, contracts, & castings, etc."

"As you have been shortlisted, we cover the cost of the photo shoot for you. This will include a personal makeup artist, a hairstylist and a professional fashion photographer for that day, as well as the cost of studio hire. The portfolio service is only offered if you are successful."

"We will send you a confirmation pack through post once the appointment has been confirmed with yourself and the studio, containing a letter giving you your appointment date and time, a full written receipt of the booking deposit and a directions/map to the studios. You will also receive a confirmation email as soon as your booking is confirmed.

Once you have read this email, please call me on 0207 135 2076 to book your appointment. Please note: anyone under the age of 22 will need to attend with a parent."

I never thought in my life that I would fall for such a scam, and I feel incredibly angry with both myself for being stupid and angry at this company for being so evil. My subsequent research into the matter has left me convinced that this must be a scam, as the way that this business has operated does not seem in accordance with how modelling agencies are supposed to work. I will be cancelling my shoot and I am sad to lose £50 for nothing, but these b*stards will not get another penny from me. I urge all who read this who are interested in advancing into the modelling industry to BE CYNICAL AND BE CAUTIOUS. Look at how these things are supposed to run before you get suckered like me.

How did you cancel your shoot? I'm ached Uley to go on Sunday however since I know this is a scam I'm not going to attend it. I'm a bit scared to recall them and cancel and I'm so temptied to just not showorth up. What would you suggest?
Original post by Kahaleesi
I have just received my welcome pack today and I felt sick to my stomach. Iso it worth going to the photoshoot or not ? I'm scared that their a real company and that I will be charged £115 fine if I don't go as that's what it says in the welcome pack. Suggestions ??

Hi do you live near were you have the shoot if you turn up and just ask for your deposit back that you no longer want to do the shoot some of them give you your deposit bk if you give notice I got my daughters deposit back but we did turn up for the shoot I flew from Ireland lol I noticed it said oxy models on the door and we booked with one models so there trade marking the real company’s names to get you there in my case they wanted nine hundred and something sterling I told him were to go with that then he even tried selling me individuals photos of my daughter 65 a pic 😂 lucky I went with her because she definitely would of signed the payment plan and she would of been paying that for a long time I heard story’s of people who signed and couldn’t get them off there bank accounts I told them there scammers to there face they actually had to throw me out and there was another victim waiting to go into the room to talk about he’s shoot and he did not look like a model he was a man but definitely not model material but a lovely guy these people don’t care I’m Irish and they have an Irish girl called Laura working there to talk you into coming over her teeth were yellow she was dressed like a homeless person. Email them or ring and say you can’t mske the shoot lie and say something important came up and can I refund my deposit see what happens if not then you might need to loose the 50 and change your bank account
Original post by Sarahjane. Ob
Hi do you live near were you have the shoot if you turn up and just ask for your deposit back that you no longer want to do the shoot some of them give you your deposit bk if you give notice I got my daughters deposit back but we did turn up for the shoot I flew from Ireland lol I noticed it said oxy models on the door and we booked with one models so there trade marking the real company’s names to get you there in my case they wanted nine hundred and something sterling I told him were to go with that then he even tried selling me individuals photos of my daughter 65 a pic 😂 lucky I went with her because she definitely would of signed the payment plan and she would of been paying that for a long time I heard story’s of people who signed and couldn’t get them off there bank accounts I told them there scammers to there face they actually had to throw me out and there was another victim waiting to go into the room to talk about he’s shoot and he did not look like a model he was a man but definitely not model material but a lovely guy these people don’t care I’m Irish and they have an Irish girl called Laura working there to talk you into coming over her teeth were yellow she was dressed like a homeless person. Email them or ring and say you can’t mske the shoot lie and say something important came up and can I refund my deposit see what happens if not then you might need to loose the 50 and change your bank account

No unfortunately we don't lI've near the area but I think I'll just not go to the photoshoot anyway and I won't call them or email. I'll let the money go as well as I'd rather lose the money and have my peace of mind back to be honest. And thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending