The Student Room Group

Graduated today with a 2:1. Ask me anything :)

My degree is in biology and I studied at University of Southampton.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nothing to ask, just bobbed in to say congratulations.
Congratulations!
Got any jobs lined up yet?
first of all, congratulations!:h: which A levels did you take?
Reply 5
What were your grades and what work experience did you do if any?
did you expect that?
what was your reaction? how happy are you??
Reply 7
How many guys did you f**k to help you on your assignments
Original post by storm95

Oh wait, you didn't mean me.
Reply 9
Original post by Black Cat
Got any jobs lined up yet?

I have a masters degree lined up for September
Original post by lilballofanxiety
first of all, congratulations!:h: which A levels did you take?

Thank you, I did biology, chemistry, English and German
Original post by Jb94
What were your grades and what work experience did you do if any?

I got a 2:1 in my bachelor's degree, that's my degree classification. I've not done any work experience yet, I'll get a chance in my masters
Original post by storm95

Savage
Original post by goggleyed
did you expect that?
what was your reaction? how happy are you??

I half expected it like my second year wasn't perfect as I was forced to travel in to uni so had barely any free time to study. Living on campus definitely helps in third year which saw my average go up by 11% plus I was regularly going out drinking this year. I basically scraped a 2:1 but it took a lot of work. I was just happy and relieved that my bachelor's is all over on graduation. Quite happy but I thought graduation was exhausting as I had to travel far and I didn't sleep well the day before
Reply 14
Congratulations! 😄🎉 what were you studying? What career are you hoping to have? Any job offers? How hard was the work and how did you manage uni, work, family life, social life, personal life (me time)?
well done ! do you like shield shrimps ?

:holmes:
Original post by madmirrors
I have a masters degree lined up for September

Masters In Biology ? Congratulations btw!
Original post by cherryred90s
Masters In Biology ? Congratulations btw!

oh no not biology, it'll be in microbiology. Thank you!
Original post by madmirrors
My degree is in biology and I studied at University of Southampton.

Hi, wow congratulations!! I’m studying biology at Sheffield in September . Anything to tell me about the course? Even tho it’s different to mine is still like to hear it :smile: did you do a placement year? How far did u travel in to uni? I’ll be traveling on the train (45min). Any info welcomed and well done again!!
Original post by Ridinghigh95
Hi, wow congratulations!! I’m studying biology at Sheffield in September . Anything to tell me about the course? Even tho it’s different to mine is still like to hear it :smile: did you do a placement year? How far did u travel in to uni? I’ll be traveling on the train (45min). Any info welcomed and well done again!!

Hey, thank you! Nice, that's really good, good luck to you first! I found that first and second year modules are mostly chosen for you with a little bit more freedom in second year but it's good in a way as compulsory modules will help you find out what you enjoy but in third year you get a lot more freedom and everything is optional so you choose any modules you like and dissertation is always fun! No, I've just done 3 years! In my first and second year I travelled in by train which was a bloody nightmare as I'd often miss lectures, be late to lectures and I once missed a test that counted to 10% of a module so I wouldn't recommend travelling in and it was about 50 minutes and trains were at 49 past each hour so if I finished at 4 I wouldn't be home til 5:45pm! Thanks again and feel free to message me if you want some advice about uni! Sheffield is a Russell Group uni so you'll be in good hands!

Quick Reply

Latest