Original post by 123456789101
Is this a good decision for a levels ?
- business studies
- film studies
- sport science (btec)

What would the work load be like?
Would I struggle?
X

Didn't personally take these A-levels, but my friend hated business studies - no idea why xD
Normally people take Alevels based upon the career path they want.

E.g. I took Psychology, Sociology and BTEC Health and social care. I want to go to university to study Psychology, these are all relatable and are accepted by the uni.

Also, what makes the work load easier is if the subjects overlap.
All three subjects I took overlapped in topics, making revision easier :smile:

Did you take any of those at GCSE level?
I took Health and social (level 2) at GCSE and again at Alevel (level 3) which really helped me a lot, as I already had the basic knowledge.
Original post by minivampire
Didn't personally take these A-levels, but my friend hated business studies - no idea why xD
Normally people take Alevels based upon the career path they want.

E.g. I took Psychology, Sociology and BTEC Health and social care. I want to go to university to study Psychology, these are all relatable and are accepted by the uni.

Also, what makes the work load easier is if the subjects overlap.
All three subjects I took overlapped in topics, making revision easier :smile:

Did you take any of those at GCSE level?
I took Health and social (level 2) at GCSE and again at Alevel (level 3) which really helped me a lot, as I already had the basic knowledge.

Thank u!
I didn't do any of these at gcse , but I either want to go on to a finance degree or something creative , I'm not really sure.

How difficult was your work load with studying 2 A levels and a btec?
:smile:
Original post by 123456789101
Thank u!
I didn't do any of these at gcse , but I either want to go on to a finance degree or something creative , I'm not really sure.

How difficult was your work load with studying 2 A levels and a btec?
:smile:

Well don't worry about not doing them at GCSE, e.g. people in my health and social class didn't take it at gCSE and caught on really well at Alevel, so it doesn't make much of a difference :smile:
Well for finance or creative, I'd say those are good subjects to take.
But for finance maybe maths?

Honestly the workload worked out great!
There is a lot because Alevels are a massive jump from GCSEs.
But taking a btec madr things so much easier! With my btec we had coursework to do, which I completed in my own time.
I completed my coursework in January, and with btec I was able to resit the exams twice if I needed.
Alevel exams are in June, so I had from January to June to revise two Alevels, since I completed my btec so early!

Taking a btec is the best decision I ever made! It made life so much easier.
(edited 5 years ago)
I would suggest maybe taking one or two not as ‘soft’ subjects so maybe either English, Maths or a science. If you want to go into finance, maths as a definite and if you want something creative maybe English. Biology would go well with sport science I feel.
Original post by minivampire
Well don't worry about not doing them at GCSE, e.g. people in my health and social class didn't take it at gCSE and caught on really well at Alevel, so it doesn't make much of a difference :smile:
Well for finance or creative, I'd say those are good subjects to take.
But for finance maybe maths?

Honestly the workload worked out great!
There is a lot because Alevels are a massive jump from GCSEs.
But taking a btec madr things so much easier! With my btec we had coursework to do, which I completed in my own time.
I completed my coursework in January, and with btec I was able to resit the exams twice if I needed.
Alevel exams are in June, so I had from January to June to revise two Alevels, since I completed my btec so early!

Taking a btec is the best decision I ever made! It made life so much easier.

Yeah , I wanted to do a btec so that my workload wouldn't be as large , because I will do better in the 2 subjects I have to revise for.

I will look into maths to.

Thank u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest