The Student Room Group

\

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whoops just woke up from a 3 hour depression nap. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.
Good luck! Be sure to tag me in updates. 998A*A*A*A*A*A*A is by no means mediocre!
Reply 3
Original post by _gcx
Good luck! Be sure to tag me in updates. 998A*A*A*A*A*A*A is by no means mediocre!

Thank you, and same to you :smile:
Reply 4
All the pictures are different sizes and it's really annoying me ffs :s-smilie:
Good luck!
What are you hoping to study at university? Also, do you have any idea of where you would like to study? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jennybear
Good luck!
What are you hoping to study at university? Also, do you have any idea of where you would like to study? :smile:

Thank you!! I'm hoping to study medicine and I'm looking at UCL, Imperial, and Oxford right now :smile: What about you?
Original post by urlocalethnic
Thank you!! I'm hoping to study medicine and I'm looking at UCL, Imperial, and Oxford right now :smile: What about you?

All BMAT unis! Important to consider closer to the time.

Ooo, some very good unis there. I'm currently doing GCSE's at the moment but hope to study Law one day... currently looking at Exeter/Durham/UCL/QMUL, but really too early to kind of work out what I'll be studying, i'll probably change this about five times in the next year! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by jennybear
Ooo, some very good unis there. I'm currently doing GCSE's at the moment but hope to study Law one day... currently looking at Exeter/Durham/UCL/QMUL, but really too early to kind of work out what I'll be studying, i'll probably change this about five times in the next year! :biggrin:

Aw, don't stress you got loads of time. Good luck on your GCSEs first and foremost, and hopefully you'll smash your A Levels too :smile: Those are some great unis, especially for Law but like I said, you've got loads of time so don't stress :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by nexttime
All BMAT unis! Important to consider closer to the time.

Yeah, bit of an alarm bell for some people, but I've decided just to apply for BMAT unis and forgo the UKCAT :colondollar:
Yeah, bit of an alarm bell for some people, but I've decided just to apply for BMAT unis and forgo the UKCAT :colondollar:

As long as you're taking the September BMAT. October would be utter insanity...
Reply 12
Original post by nexttime
As long as you're taking the September BMAT. October would be utter insanity...

Well my school only runs BMAT for the November sitting, and my first choice uni doesn't accept the Sepetember BMAT :/ Do you think that might be a problem?
Nice, gl. You sound like a very smart person yet in touch with the procrastinating temptations we face in this generation (social media, reality tv, memes).

I say you sound smart but I think we can confirm you are smart. But very much deserved as you're doing a lot of extra work :smile:

Hopefully this thread keeps you motivated and you update this thread so I have stuff to read :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by pereira325
Nice, gl. You sound like a very smart person yet in touch with the procrastinating temptations we face in this generation (social media, reality tv, memes).

I say you sound smart but I think we can confirm you are smart. But very much deserved as you're doing a lot of extra work :smile:

Hopefully this thread keeps you motivated and you update this thread so I have stuff to read :tongue:

Thanks, but I promise I’m not lol. Procrastination is all I seem to do so far, and I’ve spent way too many days going out than I’d planned for so I’m seriously behind schedule. I’ll try, but like I said I’m way too good at procrastinating 😂

What about you? Are you doing/going into/finished a levels?
Aw, don't stress you got loads of time. Good luck on your GCSEs first and foremost, and hopefully you'll smash your A Levels too :smile: Those are some great unis, especially for Law but like I said, you've got loads of time so don't stress :smile:

Thank you - good luck to you too! :smile:
Well my school only runs BMAT for the November sitting,

Then sit it somewhere else. This is your entire future - you are allowed to show some initiative.

...Do you think that might be a problem?

Of course!

The BMAT is only sat by people who are on track for at least AAA, mostly significantly higher. Yet half come out with a below average result (obviously). If that's you - that's it, your application is over. Only BMAT unis and you are taking a huge risk and it may change whether you get into medicine at all or not, which could change the course of your entire life. Not even an exaggeration.

I would say 2 BMAT unis max if sitting in November.
Thanks, but I promise I’m not lol. Procrastination is all I seem to do so far, and I’ve spent way too many days going out than I’d planned for so I’m seriously behind schedule. I’ll try, but like I said I’m way too good at procrastinating 😂

What about you? Are you doing/going into/finished a levels?

Weell.. it's going to be harder than it looks, or shall I just say more boring than it thinks. It's like that phrase... if you think doing a task will take you 10 minutes it'll actually take you double :tongue:

Going out with friends / family is good. It's better than the procrastination of sitting on the sofa and catching up on love island aha. Going out is a bit of exercise, fresh air, communcation, um yeah.

I finished A levels back in 2017 so I am actually going into 2nd year of uni. I got pretty similar grades to you at gcses (we didn't have the numbers then tho) which is considered high!!! And yeah did well at A-levels whilst sounding seemingly like I might have put in a lot less work than you will :tongue:. Don't think I did much revision over the summer... actually, I think that was because the modules didn't really link too much between AS and A2. Now I guess they do, so it's harder. Might have always been like that for English lit though actually.

But yeah I dunno, the a2s gets you working alone and quite a lot I guess and maintaining that for uni is tough. I suppose I'd ask why you're doing 4 A-levels? I mean you've got the best ones for medicine (maths, bio, chem) so dunno I guess you enjoy studying haha.

I procrastinated a bit too much in 1st year (there wasn't much pressure from lecturers/the uni to do a lot to get good grades if that makes sense) and narrowly missed out on the grade I wanted. Unlucky but I suppose when you don't work hard the whole year I was lucky too to get what I did. So yeah, the goal really is to try and fix my mentality for year 2 so I study a lot more. I think reading your own thread will perhaps make me feel less of a loser attempting to spend more time "in the books". Studying isn't cool however you look at it, but with the effects you've used on your pictures it seems a bit more trendy now lmao.
Reply 18
Original post by pereira325
Weell.. it's going to be harder than it looks, or shall I just say more boring than it thinks. It's like that phrase... if you think doing a task will take you 10 minutes it'll actually take you double :tongue:

Going out with friends / family is good. It's better than the procrastination of sitting on the sofa and catching up on love island aha. Going out is a bit of exercise, fresh air, communcation, um yeah.

I finished A levels back in 2017 so I am actually going into 2nd year of uni. I got pretty similar grades to you at gcses (we didn't have the numbers then tho) which is considered high!!! And yeah did well at A-levels whilst sounding seemingly like I might have put in a lot less work than you will :tongue:. Don't think I did much revision over the summer... actually, I think that was because the modules didn't really link too much between AS and A2. Now I guess they do, so it's harder. Might have always been like that for English lit though actually.

But yeah I dunno, the a2s gets you working alone and quite a lot I guess and maintaining that for uni is tough. I suppose I'd ask why you're doing 4 A-levels? I mean you've got the best ones for medicine (maths, bio, chem) so dunno I guess you enjoy studying haha.

I procrastinated a bit too much in 1st year (there wasn't much pressure from lecturers/the uni to do a lot to get good grades if that makes sense) and narrowly missed out on the grade I wanted. Unlucky but I suppose when you don't work hard the whole year I was lucky too to get what I did. So yeah, the goal really is to try and fix my mentality for year 2 so I study a lot more. I think reading your own thread will perhaps make me feel less of a loser attempting to spend more time "in the books". Studying isn't cool however you look at it, but with the effects you've used on your pictures it seems a bit more trendy now lmao.

My idea of fun is staying in and binging on shows like Love Island so i guess the real loser here is me :rolleyes: It's a good thing I have friends that are the complete opposite, or else I'd probably end up spending my whole summer inside lmao

ok ok i get it you're smart :rolleyes: I wish I was more like that but my last two brain cells are barely functioning at this point so summer revision is the only way to go, especially for Eng Lit since we have coursework due kms. Saying I like studying would imply I was actually good at it so, no 😂 I'm only doing Eng Lit as my fourth subject since it's honestly the only subject I can get an A* in, in the exams, with little to no effort, and I really enjoy it. Shame it's not exactly that useful for medicine tho

Good luck man but ik you're going to smash it anyway. What do you do at uni if you don't mind me asking? And nah this isn't 2005 bruv being a nerd is aight :tongue: Hell, there's an entire community (studyblr) dedicated to just...studying. All I use are snapchat filters, but the people on studyblr legit go 15 extra miles. Anyways, gl
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm applying for Medicine at Oxford and UCL too this year! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending