The Student Room Group

2018 June IGCSE Edexcel grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akshi7
Yeah I guess-if you do get that you should get around 165.

Hopefully I’ll get a 7 then !
:smile::p:):p:)
Also I found a out that actually an 8 would be nearer 167 as 88-language and 42-literature roughly.
Original post by Akshi7
Also I found a out that actually an 8 would be nearer 167 as 88-language and 42-literature roughly.

Really have you got the grade boundaries bc I’m dying😂
Well apparently:
175-9
165-8
155-7
145-6
135-5
But this is really rough and it might variate.
Original post by charcharlewis
Really have you got the grade boundaries bc I’m dying😂
thanks that gives me a lot of peace of mind😂😂 I think the 9 and 8 are quite rough bc they change w % of population that get a certain grade yeah, I’m gonna aim somewhere between 150-170 I think how about you x
I'm really hoping for 170<onwards but I'll be happy with 165
wis;78278278]thanks that gives me a lot of peace of mind😂😂 I think the 9 and 8 are quite rough bc they change w % of population that get a certain grade yeah, I’m gonna aim somewhere between 150-170 I think how about you x
Original post by Akshi7
I'm really hoping for 170<onwards but I'll be happy with 165
wis;78278278]thanks that gives me a lot of peace of mind😂😂 I think the 9 and 8 are quite rough bc they change w % of population that get a certain grade yeah, I’m gonna aim somewhere between 150-170 I think how about you x

Gosh you must be pretty good at latin, do you go to a private school as I’ve never heard of a state school offering latin. I’m like one of the worst In my class, but we’re all predicted 8/9 and I got a 6 in the mock
I'm ok-way stronger on literature-yeah I do go to a private school-a 6 is good anyway. Our teachers expect us all to get 8s or 9s as well but I got a scraped 7 in the exam (which was pretty good considering our teacher gave us an AS paper by accident

Gosh you must be pretty good at latin, do you go to a private school as I’ve never heard of a state school offering latin. I’m like one of the worst In my class, but we’re all predicted 8/9 and I got a 6 in the mock
Original post by Akshi7
I'm ok-way stronger on literature-yeah I do go to a private school-a 6 is good anyway. Our teachers expect us all to get 8s or 9s as well but I got a scraped 7 in the exam (which was pretty good considering our teacher gave us an AS paper by accident

Your teacher gave you an AS paper?? Jesus😂 we got a specimen I think for the language or it could have been one that was made up. For literature (I’m much better at that too) the department made it up

Yeah a 6 is good considering it’s all I ever thought I could get in latin but after the exams I’m wondering if I could get a 7 because nothing went wrong
Original post by Harry Xu
Agreed for sciences but we haven't seen P2 yet. Physics might be a lil' lower.

Also for CIE IGCSE English, probs A* 73-75

Cheers

For CIE IGCSE English , how about the grade boundary for an A? For CIE IGCSE physics and accounting as well ?
Original post by Ft.ashlynnx
For CIE IGCSE English , how about the grade boundary for an A? For CIE IGCSE physics and accounting as well ?

I don't take accounting (I wish I did though! My school doesn't offer it), and I take edexcel IGCSE physics :P

For CIE IGCSE English, I'd reckon it'll be normal, so around 63 - 66% (well for Paper 22 and 32)
Yeah my teacher said it has differed but between 88% and 92% just for an 8

thats absolutely *******s. an a star last year was 84% so an 8 which the the equivalent would be around 85% and a 9 in the region of 92-95%
Original post by Missradioactive
I think for Edexcel IGCSE, the grade boundaries for an A* will be like:

Physics: 138-140 for an A*

Chemistry: 130-135 for an A*

Biology: 135-137 for an A*

Mathematics B: 77 for an A*

I think Biology could be 138/139 but I think it will be lower than January which was 143.
Original post by Muserock
I think Biology could be 138/139 but I think it will be lower than January which was 143.

Hmm.
Hmm.

hmm? Do you not think so?
Original post by Muserock
hmm? Do you not think so?

I DO think so :biggrin:
:smile:

Ughhh I can't believe we've still got three and a half weeks of this.
I DO think so :biggrin:

WHat do u think the igcse edexcel maths (A*-G ) will be?
Original post by gcsestudent1118
WHat do u think the igcse edexcel maths (A*-G ) will be?

Maths A or Maths B ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending