The Student Room Group

My motorbike insurance was cancelled due to a payment not going through

I was away when they sent the letters. However, I called them up when I got home. I apologised. Paid them. They said they would reinsure me. However, I decided to shop around to see what the best deal would be.
I've done some Googling, when an insurance has been cancelled, its usually because of insurance fraud. Mine was due to a payment hiccup. I know my insurance is my responsibility, I know I made a mistake. Would I still be insurable? Would insurance companies listen that I've always paid in full, no convictions and no accidents. No claims bonus. Never committed fraud.

What do you think?
Thanks for polite answers

CT: How our members found super cheap motorbike insurance quotes
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Step 1:
Only communicate via email. It’s annoying to wait for answers but written responses are very important.
Step 2:
Get them to email you acknowledging that it was caused by payment issue not fraud
Step 3:
Once you have that email then contact new insurers and send them that email. They may instead require a letter headed and signed letter to prove it
Reply 2
Original post by Teacup:)
I was away when they sent the letters. However, I called them up when I got home. I apologised. Paid them. They said they would reinsure me. However, I decided to shop around to see what the best deal would be.
I've done some Googling, when an insurance has been cancelled, its usually because of insurance fraud. Mine was due to a payment hiccup. I know my insurance is my responsibility, I know I made a mistake. Would I still be insurable? Would insurance companies listen that I've always paid in full, no convictions and no accidents. No claims bonus. Never committed fraud.

What do you think?
Thanks for polite answers

You'll still need to declare that you've had a policy cancelled, however some insurers will not raise your premium if it's a cancellation due to non-payment.

You'll have to discuss this with every prospective insurer on a case by case basis in the future.
Reply 4
Original post by Milax1x
Step 1:
Only communicate via email. It’s annoying to wait for answers but written responses are very important.
Step 2:
Get them to email you acknowledging that it was caused by payment issue not fraud
Step 3:
Once you have that email then contact new insurers and send them that email. They may instead require a letter headed and signed letter to prove it

Thank you for your response. I have renewed my insurance on the 23rd with CaroleNash, before I got stopped by the police. I just received my letters from them saying I'm insured with them and my policy. Do you reckon they would cancel my insurance? Will this forever impact my insurance buying?
Reply 5
Thank you for your response. I have renewed my insurance on the 23rd with CaroleNash, before I got stopped by the police. I just received my letters from them saying I'm insured with them and my policy. Do you reckon they would cancel my insurance? Will this forever impact my insurance buying?

Is this a new company?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Is this a new company?

CaroleNash? I'm not sure. I've never heard of them before. I found them on GoCompare when looking at new quotes
Reply 7
CaroleNash? I'm not sure. I've never heard of them before. I found them on GoCompare when looking at new quotes

I meant is it the same insurer.. or is it a new one?
Reply 8
Original post by IWMTom
I meant is it the same insurer.. or is it a new one?

I apologise. Yes, it is my new insurer
Reply 9
I apologise. Yes, it is my new insurer

You'll need to let them know of your previous cancellation ASAP.
Original post by IWMTom
You'll need to let them know of your previous cancellation ASAP.

And before you ask OP, yes - they can see it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending