The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer

If I am holding an unconditional offer with my firm place, on results day could I possibly ring them up if I have changed my mind and explain my situation to them if i no longer want to go there? If so would this mean I go into clearing or would clearing not be an option for me?

Thank you!
You could phone them up on results day yes. And yep you'd be in clearing after that. Note the following points though:
You need to be clear you want to go into clearing, any confusion could cause them to withdraw your entire application which would not be good!
You would be low priority for them to do, so by the time they release you many clearing places may have been taken up. It would be a good idea to ask them to give you a time scale for releasing you to give you some idea of how long it might take
You can phone up unis in clearing, however they could give you deadlines which are before they release you and there's nothing you can do about that.
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
You could phone them up on results day yes. And yep you'd be in clearing after that. Note the following points though:
You need to be clear you want to go into clearing, any confusion could cause them to withdraw your entire application which would not be good!
You would be low priority for them to do, so by the time they release you many clearing places may have been taken up. It would be a good idea to ask them to give you a time scale for releasing you to give you some idea of how long it might take
You can phone up unis in clearing, however they could give you deadlines which are before they release you and there's nothing you can do about that.

Oh okay I see, so would I not be able to accept or ring up any other universities if I haven't been released from my firm choice yet?
Original post by aisha11
Oh okay I see, so would I not be able to accept or ring up any other universities if I haven't been released from my firm choice yet?

You can ring them up, but you can't accept a place until you've been released.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending