The Student Room Group

Pharmacy technician Nvq L3

I’m just wondering how in depth the course is, and what qualifications you require to be accepted on the course?
Is this course available to do from home? And felxiable?
How much is online tutor to face-face?

Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks
Original post by Gsheppard
I’m just wondering how in depth the course is, and what qualifications you require to be accepted on the course?
Is this course available to do from home? And felxiable?
How much is online tutor to face-face?

Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks

Depends on the provider but yes its flexible and you can do it from home, there's nothing face to face with online providers, just phonelines if you need to speak to someone.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Depends on the provider but yes its flexible and you can do it from home, there's nothing face to face with online providers, just phonelines if you need to speak to someone.

I’ve seen Nvq L3 pharmaceutical science and Nvq pharmacy service skills. Are these completed together? And are both necessary to be a pharmacy technician?
Original post by Gsheppard
I’ve seen Nvq L3 pharmaceutical science and Nvq pharmacy service skills. Are these completed together? And are both necessary to be a pharmacy technician?

Yes you do them together and you need both.
It is supposed to be done at work, however... pharmacy being pharmacy you will be doing it at home. You won't get any 'help' although buttercups are quite accommodating, do not go anywhere near the NPA.

It's 20 modules v 4 a piece for medicines counter assistant and dispenser. A module a month and then a bit spare. Minimum 2 years to be a tech. It's quite a tight pace. It is significantly harder then the dispenser and counter assistant course.

Requirements not so relevant, pharmacy is medieval, you need the permission of your pharmacist and corporate overlords to leave the manor. No pharmacist and no backing of corporate overlords and no technician course for you!
Reply 5
This is really helpful, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending