The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mess.
Anybody else got Felipe Anderson down as guaranteed flop this season?

I am struggling to put together a team with the WC influence on the big teams.

Yes. West Ham robbed for £40m. Serie A fans think he's stupid.

I've gone for the old **** defence with better attacking players.
Reply 41
In - u cairney be serious

Excited!!! :smile:

Gambling on Mahrez and Siggy but could both go big at the beginning...
Reply 42
@sr90 joined as "Allison Up"
Original post by mccrae01
Old TSRian here, not posted in years but saw the league when I logged into the game, alright if I join ?

Team name - Silva Lining.

Current draft team below - slightly concerned I have too little team variation, but hard to find decent value players who haven't been at the World Cup, probably looking at an early wildcard.
IMG_0384.PNG

This is such a decent team! Nice team name as well haha
Right, first time i've had a look. A lot tricker than normal this year with so many big names at the World Cup.

Aside from the obvious teams, Everton's first few fixtures look great. Coleman and Tosun are in my team for now.

Too scared to go without Salah despite his price.
Original post by sr90
Right, first time i've had a look. A lot tricker than normal this year with so many big names at the World Cup.

Aside from the obvious teams, Everton's first few fixtures look great. Coleman and Tosun are in my team for now.

Too scared to go without Salah despite his price.

For sure. If Salah grabs a brace in the first game of the season where everyone has captained him, you're going to feel like **** and probably need to early WC/multi hit to get him in. A lot easier to start with him as he's easily downgrade-able.
Reply 46
I'm in.

Team name: Rooney Toons
Original post by Hazard28
For sure. If Salah grabs a brace in the first game of the season where everyone has captained him, you're going to feel like **** and probably need to early WC/multi hit to get him in. A lot easier to start with him as he's easily downgrade-able.

My thoughts exactly.

Fabregas at 6.5m could potentially be a steal as well. If I see proof he's nailed in an advanced role, he's in.
Do I meet the post requirement? :colondollar:

As with every year.. my team name is Sarfhampton
In.

Refs love to bookAké.

I think I'll have a go this year, maybe being in this Gameworld will encourage me not to do what I normally do every year: which is to forget about it after setting it up!
My drafts until this morning we’re without Salah, but with so many big players out, Sanchez, Aguero and Mahrez becoming poor options, I decided to drop Firmino and fit in Salah (obviously alongside Mane and Robbo). Can’t risk essentially a 100% ownership (half the players will all captain him). **** that.
Reply 52
Original post by little_wizard123
My drafts until this morning we’re without Salah, but with so many big players out, Sanchez, Aguero and Mahrez becoming poor options, I decided to drop Firmino and fit in Salah (obviously alongside Mane and Robbo). Can’t risk essentially a 100% ownership (half the players will all captain him). **** that.

Liverpool seem pretty underpriced compared to expectations this year, especially with Salah and Mane being out of position on the game.
Reply 53
Where the strikers at? Trying to avoid World Cup players as much as possible but think I'll have to go with Firmino.

Think stacking Liverpool and City players is the safest option, and maybe a couple of Everton guys given their game. New manager uncertainty for Arsenal/Chelsea, Mourinho uncertainty for Man Utd, and the obvious Spurs picks seem particularly affected by the World Cup.
Reply 54
Original post by Louis.
Where the strikers at? Trying to avoid World Cup players as much as possible but think I'll have to go with Firmino.

Think stacking Liverpool and City players is the safest option, and maybe a couple of Everton guys given their game. New manager uncertainty for Arsenal/Chelsea, Mourinho uncertainty for Man Utd, and the obvious Spurs picks seem particularly affected by the World Cup.

Inherent Everton-ness and Silva throwing his toys out of the pram by November and walking off could be a big issue.

Apart from their spectacular hammering of top quality Austrian pub opposition, I think they have had a pretty poor pre-season.
Reply 55
Original post by Mess.
Inherent Everton-ness and Silva throwing his toys out of the pram by November and walking off could be a big issue.

Apart from their spectacular hammering of top quality Austrian pub opposition, I think they have had a pretty poor pre-season.

I've got Leighton Baines in at the moment which feels like a retro pick. If it's all going tits up then Arsenal fullbacks are similar priced options, and maybe Otamendi's partner will be clear.

Tempted by Richarlison too. There's a lot invested in my midfield atm...may stick with him for the early games, and if I need to swap him out I'll cut to a budget midfielder to put more money up front when the options become a bit clearer.

Acting like I won't be wildcarding after GW 4.
Original post by Louis.

Yeah but who from City? KDB and Silva won’t start, Aguero should but he came back from preseason the day Jesus did so can’t guarantee he’s a good captain choice for GW2, Sane is fatigued and Mahrez is on crutches. I’m avoiding to begin with.

But yeah, triple Liverpool to begin with is the sensible decision.
Reply 57
Yeah but who from City? KDB and Silva won’t start, Aguero should but he came back from preseason the day Jesus did so can’t guarantee he’s a good captain choice for GW2, Sane is fatigued and Mahrez is on crutches. I’m avoiding to begin with.

But yeah, triple Liverpool to begin with is the sensible decision.

Gone 2 defensive options plus Sane at the moment. Attacking options are a nightmare but feel like Sane is the safest until we're a few weeks in at least.

Man City's fixtures GW2-7 are too good to ignore but there's no stand out option, it's so frustrating. I have Aguero, Mendy & Mahrez currently but i'm not fully convinced on any of them. Not touching Ederson as he'll never get any save points.

Also if anyone has Manchester United players i'd advise you remove them ASAP. We're an absolute mess.

Original post by Louis.

Arnautovic and Zaha have been on fire in pre season and look like they'll be a good pick for the third striker slot.
Reply 59
Original post by sr90
Man City's fixtures GW2-7 are too good to ignore but there's no stand out option, it's so frustrating. I have Aguero, Mendy & Mahrez currently but i'm not fully convinced on any of them. Not touching Ederson as he'll never get any save points.

Also if anyone has Manchester United players i'd advise you remove them ASAP. We're an absolute mess.

Arnautovic and Zaha have been on fire in pre season and look like they'll be a good pick for the third striker slot.

West Ham have awful fixtures for the first few game weeks though, which could lead to a lot of frustration.

Ederson is essentially a pick and forget option and probably the only guaranteed starter at City.

Latest