The Student Room Group

Why is Year 9 such a weird time?

I'm going to Year 10 now and I was recently reflecting on Year 9. It was (personally) an awful time for me. I was a rebel for bunking off school but still behaved well (I guess?) My classmates also changed a lot too. Did you not enjoy Year 9 or was it actually not bad?

Scroll to see replies

year 9 and year 10 were lit for me
I won’t ever experience banter like I did then lmaoo
why was it awful for you OP?
Please don't call yourself a rebel. Anyway I found year 9 a strange year as well my main group of friends changed and I got very stressed out about doing maths at foundation level. When I look back I laugh at how wet I was but I agree year 9 is a strange year
Reply 4
Original post by roseprincessx
why was it awful for you OP?

it was due to family problems at home and having no friends whatsoever. that's why I bunked so much, I didn't see the point of going to school anymore rip.
Year 9 was the ***** Year for me. Everyone decided to be jerks to each other because they thought puberty made them hardcore when in reality it made them a stinky pimply faced schmuck.
Reply 6
Original post by Stephen123-3
Please don't call yourself a rebel. Anyway I found year 9 a strange year as well my main group of friends changed and I got very stressed out about doing maths at foundation level. When I look back I laugh at how wet I was but I agree year 9 is a strange year

When I think about it, people were probably more rebellious than me but my actions were bad :/. But yeah, I see your point. I also struggled with Maths! Were you happy with your new group of friends, though?
Reply 7
Original post by Constantine2018
Year 9 was the ***** Year for me. Everyone decided to be jerks to each other because they thought puberty made them hardcore when in reality it made them a stinky pimply faced schmuck.

I had similar experiences too, everyone was a lot more harsh and meaner lol. Was Year 10 and Year 11 better tho?
Original post by wawa1265
When I think about it, people were probably more rebellious than me but my actions were bad :/. But yeah, I see your point. I also struggled with Maths! Were you happy with your new group of friends, though?

TBH not really I'm not just saying this but I used to and still am friends with the so called "popular group" but I realised that I wasn't good enough friends with them to meet at the weekends or in the holidays on a regular basis so I changed group with three people I really like and 3 I'm kind of indifferent to. Even though they weren't the best at least I went out a lot and didn't find myself bored
Reply 9
Original post by Stephen123-3
TBH not really I'm not just saying this but I used to and still am friends with the so called "popular group" but I realised that I wasn't good enough friends with them to meet at the weekends or in the holidays on a regular basis so I changed group with three people I really like and 3 I'm kind of indifferent to. Even though they weren't the best at least I went out a lot and didn't find myself bored

Ahhh, that makes sense, I seen people do the same things too. I wish I had at least indifferent people as my friends rip.
I had similar experiences too, everyone was a lot more harsh and meaner lol. Was Year 10 and Year 11 better tho?

it does getter better, yes
just focus on yourself legit

it was due to family problems at home and having no friends whatsoever. that's why I bunked so much, I didn't see the point of going to school anymore rip.

I’m really sorry to hear this aha, bless you
friends come and go, as you like get older you’ll realise this more ygm? there’s a point to school tho ahaha like get ur grades and make your future you know
I hope things at home get better x
Reply 11
Original post by roseprincessx
it does getter better, yes
just focus on yourself legit

I’m really sorry to hear this aha, bless you
friends come and go, as you like get older you’ll realise this more ygm? there’s a point to school tho ahaha like get ur grades and make your future you know
I hope things at home get better x

Thank you dude, I'm on better terms with my family now but I need to do better.
Reply 12
I'm going to Year 10 now and I was recently reflecting on Year 9. It was (personally) an awful time for me. I was a rebel for bunking off school but still behaved well (I guess?) My classmates also changed a lot too. Did you not enjoy Year 9 or was it actually not bad?

Year 9 was so weird, but looking back it was one of the best years of school. So much banter, and a time where confidence was high!
me too - im also going to yr 10 in sep
in yr 9 i bunked lessons for the first time, broke up w all the friends i had, went thru depression - self harming n starving n suicidal thoughts all the f ucking time.
for me i hated this yr it was the worst n im gonna try n move forms next yr - thats how bad it got :/
Reply 14
Original post by xylas
Year 9 was so weird, but looking back it was one of the best years of school. So much banter, and a time where confidence was high!

There was banter sometimes when I was in Year 9 but I can't relate to the high confidence rip, more like my confidence got lower!
Reply 15
Original post by cherrybomb115
me too - im also going to yr 10 in sep
in yr 9 i bunked lessons for the first time, broke up w all the friends i had, went thru depression - self harming n starving n suicidal thoughts all the f ucking time.
for me i hated this yr it was the worst n im gonna try n move forms next yr - thats how bad it got :/

Yikes, that sounds awful man. I'm hoping Year 10 will be the time where everything is focused. Depression and suicidal thoughts are so exhausting rip. Wishing you luck on changing forms though
Yikes, that sounds awful man. I'm hoping Year 10 will be the time where everything is focused. Depression and suicidal thoughts are so exhausting rip. Wishing you luck on changing forms though

yeh it was pretty awful. they r vvvv exhausting especially wen ur family n teachers get involved. Thanks ill probab need it i hate all the people in my form smm
Reply 17
yeh it was pretty awful. they r vvvv exhausting especially wen ur family n teachers get involved. Thanks ill probab need it i hate all the people in my form smm

my form is mostly decent tho there are some nasty people. one day people will chill lol
my form is mostly decent tho there are some nasty people. one day people will chill lol

nah for me its cuz all the people who were b itching bout me r in my form n they just happened to be all the people i was friends w. i feel sick just thinking bout my form
Reply 19
nah for me its cuz all the people who were b itching bout me r in my form n they just happened to be all the people i was friends w. i feel sick just thinking bout my form

yikess that's horrible. some people can be horrific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending