The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you are picking your A-Levels... for ****s sake don't just pick them because they are 'easy' compared to others.

They are all at the same level.
Original post by Bill Nye
If you are picking your A-Levels... for ****s sake don't just pick them because they are 'easy' compared to others.

They are all at the same level.

What subjects did you do?
There are no easy A-Levels, it would be better to choose subject areas which you enjoy and are useful for courses you want to pursue.
They are not at the same level and picking them on what is easiest, means that your are most likely anidiot and will ruin your life anyway.

Easier A levels are **** like Business, ICT, Psychology, Law, Geography, Env science, Easier is also a matter of perspective these are A levels that admissions tutors consider most of these not facillitating or not as good.(this doesn't mean unis won't accept them)

Well respected A levels:

Maths
English lit and lang
Languages
Physics
Chemistry
Further maths
History
Biology
Economics
Suprisingly Art is actually a lot of work and is hard
Design A levels arent looked upon badly especially for **** like architecture courses.

Maybe a few more but i cant think of any.
Original post by CCea..Student
There are no easy A-Levels, it would be better to choose subject areas which you enjoy and are useful for courses you want to pursue.

There’s a problem with me. If I start studying anything, I start liking it. I want to do medical and I like biology and chemistry a lot but I’m not good at memorising stuff.
Reply 6
Original post by Faizan Maqsood
Which is the easiest a level subject in your opinion? Please given a reason for the subject you mention

if you put in enough time and self learn enough maths can be really easy - like you can walk into the exam and breeze it. self-learning in the year 13 summer helped me loads.

Chemistry can be ok if you are willing to put in time reading notes.

All I can comment on
Reply 7
Bro don't pick because they say it easy. If you do that you will pick dead subjects that you have no interest in. You won't invest a lot of your time in the subject and everyday will be sht as you would be doing the subjects based on how easy others found it.
There’s a problem with me. If I start studying anything, I start liking it. I want to do medical and I like biology and chemistry a lot but I’m not good at memorising stuff.

I think if you already have a strong interest in sciences it would be best to pursue your study further. I was in the same position last year from my experience if you pick subjects you enjoy studying won't be as difficult. Sciences are tough at A-Level and revision will be tough going- it all depends on your learning style and interest.
Original post by isiah d
if you put in enough time and self learn enough maths can be really easy - like you can walk into the exam and breeze it. self-learning in the year 13 summer helped me loads.

Chemistry can be ok if you are willing to put in time reading notes.

All I can comment on

Ihnvb
(edited 3 years ago)
Subjective but for me I did English lit, Geology, History and Chemistry. I found Chemistry an absolute breeze but English Lit was the bane of my life :lol:

Think there's certain A levels that aren't quite as respected and could be considered "soft"
Original post by CCea..Student
I think if you already have a strong interest in sciences it would be best to pursue your study further. I was in the same position last year from my experience if you pick subjects you enjoy studying won't be as difficult. Sciences are tough at A-Level and revision will be tough going- it all depends on your learning style and interest.

I’m going to do business in future as my father is a business man. I like sciences but almost all my teachers recommend me quite and move to the business or law side
Original post by Malevolent
Subjective but for me I did English lit, Geology, History and Chemistry. I found Chemistry an absolute breeze but English Lit was the bane of my life :lol:

Think there's certain A levels that aren't quite as respected and could be considered "soft"

I’m thinking of taking History. How’s it?
Reply 13
In which country did you do your a levels?
I did my o levels in Pakistan. Chemistry is one of my favourite subjects but my chemistry teacher recommended me not to take it in A levels. She said that A level chemistry is tough and requires a lot of memorisation

I do mine in the UK. There is an aspect of memorisation but not as many as other like biology, eco and history/stuff like that.
I found that reading notes on the bus maybe once/twice a week(usually less) helped a lot whether it was reading ahead or old notes was enough along with revising a lot before A-Levels/mocks/AS levels. I recommend chemrevise for this.
There is also abit of maths you need to know which will take practice but it should be fine after enough questions.
A-Level chemistry is completely different from GCSE but If you learn the content enough early then it can be really easy
I’m going to do business in future as my father is a business man. I like sciences but almost all my teachers recommend me quite and move to the business or law side

I think you should pursue subjects which are related to law or business, if you wanted you could also take on a science if you had an interest in studying it.
Original post by isiah d
I do mine in the UK. There is an aspect of memorisation but not as many as other like biology, eco and history/stuff like that.
I found that reading notes on the bus maybe once/twice a week(usually less) helped a lot whether it was reading ahead or old notes was enough along with revising a lot before A-Levels/mocks/AS levels. I recommend chemrevise for this.
There is also abit of maths you need to know which will take practice but it should be fine after enough questions.
A-Level chemistry is completely different from GCSE but If you learn the content enough early then it can be really easy

I’m going to London for my a levels.
(edited 3 years ago)
No a level is easier than the other. Sciences and maths involve rigorous study of facts and technical learning. English, History and Psych are concerned with the wider horizon of essays and in-depth knowledge of the world, especially analysis. Plus the other subjects such as Sociology or Geography aren’t easy, considering they also are content heavy
Original post by exam freak
They are not at the same level and picking them on what is easiest, means that your are most likely anidiot and will ruin your life anyway.

Easier A levels are **** like Business, ICT, Psychology, Law, Geography, Env science, Easier is also a matter of perspective these are A levels that admissions tutors consider most of these not facillitating or not as good.(this doesn't mean unis won't accept them)

Well respected A levels:

Maths
English lit and lang
Languages
Physics
Chemistry
Further maths
History
Biology
Economics
Design A levels arent looked upon badly especially for **** like architecture courses.

I’m not doing A-Levels at the moment, but I know that’s geography isn’t easy - in fact it is a facilitating subject and looked upon well by Universities
Reply 18
I’m going to London for my a levels. DLD College
Ever heard of it?

No I haven't heard of it but I have no doubt they will let you switch there up until 3-4 weeks, I did 2 different A-Level subjects up until my 4th week then switched them both (History and further maths to EPQ and Chemistry)
Original post by exam freak

Well respected A levels:

Maths
English lit and lang
Languages
Physics
Chemistry
Further maths
History
Biology
Economics

geography's a facilitating subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending