The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Ask a former University Of Brighton student anything!

Hi Guys,

I graduated from the University of Brighton last year after studying Philosophy, Politics and Ethics and I'm here to answer any questions you guys might have.

Can't promise that I will have all the answers but should be able to at least point you in the right direction, and having lived in Brighton for the last 5 years I should be able to answer any questions about this lovely seagull infested city I now call home!
What's your favourite thing about the University? :hi:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi Guys,

I graduated from the University of Brighton last year after studying Philosophy, Politics and Ethics and I'm here to answer any questions you guys might have.

Can't promise that I will have all the answers but should be able to at least point you in the right direction, and having lived in Brighton for the last 5 years I should be able to answer any questions about this lovely seagull infested city I now call home!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi Guys,

Hey, im going into first year.

Which freshers pass would you rec commend getting? I've seen lots of people getting the student union one, and other people getting a jager one.

im so confused and not sure what to get!
Hi, I'm thinking of going to Brighton through clearing depending on my results, I love the city but I noticed that student satisfaction isn't very high at the university, do you have any theories why? And how would you rate your experience there? Thanks :smile:
Original post by TurtleGhost
Hi, I'm thinking of going to Brighton through clearing depending on my results, I love the city but I noticed that student satisfaction isn't very high at the university, do you have any theories why? And how would you rate your experience there? Thanks :smile:

Hey that's a really good question.

It is quite hard to work out the student satisfaction actually. There are a fair few different campuses and from my experience standards vary quite heavily between them. What are you studying?

I know on my subject, I loved the tutors and the administrative staff who were so supportive. Unfortunately the facilities were really run down and often it felt like the tutors were at war with the more senior staff.

In terms of the city, I cannot recommend it enough. It is an absolutely amazing clash of party life and culture. Every interest you may have will be catered for, and you will never run out of new things to do. It can be expensive and housing is very difficult, so that is a concern unfortunately.
Hi Guys,

What is your favourite thing about Brighton?

Do you like tomatoes?
Original post by Labrador99
What is your favourite thing about Brighton?

Do you like tomatoes?

The live music, any night of the week you can find pretty much any type around the city.

I like tomatoes :biggrin:
whats man doing since graduation with a 1:1 in PPE
Original post by filletofish
whats man doing since graduation with a 1:1 in PPE

I don't know... I got a 2:1 :lol:

man still did calm, inshaAllah u make bare Gualla in your career

i am from brighton. wjhat attracted u to brighton? what is student life like? is it a good uni (not rankings but generally to study)?
Original post by steamed-hams
i am from brighton. wjhat attracted u to brighton? what is student life like? is it a good uni (not rankings but generally to study)?

I was from London initially and Brighton felt far enough away to set up my own life but close enough that I could still have a connection to home.

Plus the clubs bars pubs and events round here mean you are never really bored and I love the atmosphere of the place.

I had a really good time on my degree, so would recommend it, but I know other people on different campuses that had different experiences. What would you want to study?
Yo you might not read this because it is 8 months late but here goes.

Do you know anyone who did music business at Brighton, if so what were their thoughts?

What is the accommodation like?
Hey. I am thinking of studying events management at Brighton university. I have unconditional and conditional offers from more prestigious universities, however I feel like the vibe of Brighton is just right for me. I am having a real hard time to decide where to go. I am from Hungary so i can not attend any open days. Could you please tell me a few basic information about what is Brighton university like?

Thanks
Original post by Gajeszter12
Hey. I am thinking of studying events management at Brighton university. I have unconditional and conditional offers from more prestigious universities, however I feel like the vibe of Brighton is just right for me. I am having a real hard time to decide where to go. I am from Hungary so i can not attend any open days. Could you please tell me a few basic information about what is Brighton university like?

Thanks

Hi @Gajeszter12

I know you are looking for a response from a current student, but as no one has responded yet, I though I could help point you in the direction of information the you might find helpful :cute:

Choosing between universities can be really tricky, especially when you cannot attend open days. You can check out what the university looks like with our virtual tours here.

You can also chat to our current students on various courses who would be more than happy to chat to you about uni life at Brighton here.

There's also this great post which tells you about the best places to eat and drink in Brighton, as a previous student and someone who has lived in the Brighton area I can tell you that Brighton does have a really supportive nice vibe to it, you will never be bored! :biggrin:

I hope this helps!

Bex- Brighton uni rep :nyan:
Hi Guys,

is it a bad university? Is it good for lgbt+ students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending