You failed to mention it was a loan.

Whats your point?
China is the real threat, certainly not Russia
Original post by AperfectBalance
China is the real threat, certainly not Russia

Why not both as real threats?
Original post by zebraguy 20
Why not both as real threats?

Russia is still somewhat of a threat but China is a far bigger threat.
Reply 5
USA owes China a trillion dollars. What do you make of that?
Russia is still somewhat of a threat but China is a far bigger threat.

Please elaborate on why Russia is a threat.
Reply 7
Original post by Stalin

They've got nukes. That's a threat.
Original post by ThomH97
They've got nukes. That's a threat.

The UK has enough submarines with enough nukes to send every major Russian city back to pre-Kievan Rus' times.
Reply 9
Original post by Stalin
The UK has enough submarines with enough nukes to send every major Russian city to pre-Kievan Rus' times.

I didn't say it wasn't mutual.
Original post by Stalin

Due to some political instability and the power of their military, although I think that Russia is certainly boogyman for quite a lot of people, China is FAR more dangerous.
China are buying everything they can with the cash the world has been trading for their goods, it is their industrial Revolution after coming out of the fully-fledged Communist experiment. It is a unique hybrid, their mix of Communist rule with Capitalism is what gives them the ability to plan what to do with the proceeds and implement 'the one policy'. The day they go Democratic it will all fall apart in no time, too big to manage.
Original post by ThomH97
I didn't say it wasn't mutual.

Due to some political instability and the power of their military, although I think that Russia is certainly boogyman for quite a lot of people, China is FAR more dangerous.

The notion of Russia attacking the UK is on par with Germany invading France.

Not only does it not make any sense, but it would be a complete disaster because the Russian Armed Forces cannot set foot on UK soil due to their lack of power projection capabilities, and would lose every important city if nukes were involved.

China is more dangerous insofar as the UK will become yet another economic vassal of Beijing in the not-so-distant future (assuming China continues to re-emerge and doesn't hit a wall).
Original post by Stalin
The notion of Russia attacking the UK is on par with Germany invading France.

Not only does it not make any sense, but it would be a complete disaster because the Russian Armed Forces cannot set foot on UK soil due to their lack of power projection capabilities, and would lose every important city if nukes were involved.

China is more dangerous insofar as the UK will become yet another economic vassal of Beijing in the not-so-distant future (assuming China continues to re-emerge and doesn't hit a wall).

The idea that Russia is looking for a war/going to invade any country is just stilly (Ukraine is different)

China will continue to economically influence the world and keep its own economy in a very dangerous area, China will either collapse (economically and perhaps socially) and take down the global economy worse than the recession or will use its economy for the worse.

China is a lose lose and is a very dangerous country.
The idea that Russia is looking for a war/going to invade any country is just stilly (Ukraine is different)

Finally someone who understands Ukraine.

I would rep you, but it seems that I am unable to due to having repped you too often in the past.

China will continue to economically influence the world and keep its own economy in a very dangerous area, China will either collapse (economically and perhaps socially) and take down the global economy worse than the recession or will use its economy for the worse.

China is a lose lose and is a very dangerous country.

I'm unconvinced about the China will collapse argument because people seem to view the country and society through a Western prism, whereas it is a very different country and culture, considerably more collective than individualistic than the West, and, it would seem, fairly content that the government, despite its faults, is doing an almost impossible job of managing the largest population on the planet and lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty.

I believe that the authoritarian model is here to stay so long as it delivers results.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nikki haley
China has agreed to immediately give $2 billion to Pakistan

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1767965/1-china-agrees-give-2b-loan-pakistan/

Is this to help with the new government?
Original post by Stalin
Finally someone who understands Ukraine.

I would rep you, but it seems that I am unable to due to having repped you too often in the past.

I'm unconvinced about the China will collapse argument because people seem to view the country and society through a Western prism, whereas it is a very different country and culture, considerably more collective than individualistic than the West, and, it would seem, fairly content that the government, despite its faults, is doing an almost impossible job of managing the largest population on the planet and lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty.

I believe that the authoritarian model is here to stay so long as it delivers results.

I think the economy is probably going to collapse, shadow banking along with massive investments being made and totally failing.

The whole "uplifting millions" thing is a bit of an overstatement, It is basically uplifting people from severe poverty to slightly less severe poverty, still good but nothing like how they overplay it.

Paper tiger fits China well
I think the economy is probably going to collapse, shadow banking along with massive investments being made and totally failing.

The whole "uplifting millions" thing is a bit of an overstatement, It is basically uplifting people from severe poverty to slightly less severe poverty, still good but nothing like how they overplay it.

Paper tiger fits China well

The first thing one must bear in mind is that the Chinese government has managed to do this in such a relatively short amount of time, and done so with the largest population on the planet - China, after all, has provinces that contain almost the same amount of people than the UK.
Original post by haseeb_jarral

There were probably negotiations for a loan before the election. Previous Pml-n government had started to struggle economically in some areas.
Original post by haseeb_jarral

to buy imran khan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending