The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2018 - Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I sat 5 Highers this year, and I kinda had a sneak peak at 3 of them, which I very harshly marked myself and possible got 3 As, couldn’t find the other 2 subjects papers anywhere!! I’m so scared please help!
If you have harshly marked 3 papers yourself and possibly got 3 As then hopefully you will definitely get As on results day. As for the other two subjects marking the papers doesn't change the result, there is nothing you can do now, so try and relax and forget about it until results day. If you haven't done as well as you hoped to then don't panic, discuss your options with your teachers and family and make a plan. Good luck!!

Original post by S_x_x
I sat 5 Highers this year, and I kinda had a sneak peak at 3 of them, which I very harshly marked myself and possible got 3 As, couldn’t find the other 2 subjects papers anywhere!! I’m so scared please help!
Original post by S_x_x

:wavey:
Just try and remember there is nothing that can be done now about the results, and that even if you could access the other 2 papers/marking schemes, there are never any guarantees in knowing what you might get, as that is dependant on what finalised marking instructions and grade boundaries are decided by senior SQA examiners.
There will be plenty of people here on results day to provide help and advice, so if things don't go as well as you hoped, or you're not sure what to do next, just post on here and we'll be able to help :smile:
One week today... how is everyone feeling now? Remaining calm, or are the nerves starting to kick in?
Original post by StephanieH95120
One week today... how is everyone feeling now? Remaining calm, or are the nerves starting to kick in?

I’m glad you asked because I’m in need of a good rant. I actually do not know what to do with myself. I got a condititional to study at a really awesome uni which I didn’t think I’d get into, for a subject I’m really eager to learn and with some of my great friends from high school, who all have unconditionals so it’s not like they would understand, If I don’t get in I might as well leave the country and change my name because my future would be all messed up, I was too late to add an additional choice on UCAS extra and I missed the deadline, so I’m relying on clearing as a backup, which isn’t looking good because the clearing options are nothing that I’m interested in, so I really do hope I’ve got the grades, and if another person is admitted in my place I will personally hunt them down and continue the entire degree programme pretending to be them.
Finished school last year but I just wanted to pop in and say f*** the SQA.
Original post by Friendly Forever
I’m glad you asked because I’m in need of a good rant. I actually do not know what to do with myself. I got a condititional to study at a really awesome uni which I didn’t think I’d get into, for a subject I’m really eager to learn and with some of my great friends from high school, who all have unconditionals so it’s not like they would understand, If I don’t get in I might as well leave the country and change my name because my future would be all messed up, I was too late to add an additional choice on UCAS extra and I missed the deadline, so I’m relying on clearing as a backup, which isn’t looking good because the clearing options are nothing that I’m interested in, so I really do hope I’ve got the grades, and if another person is admitted in my place I will personally hunt them down and continue the entire degree programme pretending to be them.

Listen, it’s alright. May I ask, what are your conditions and what university are you going to? Also, what are your predicted grades?

If you don’t get the grades you’d hope for and miss out narrowly on your conditions, that doesn’t mean that the university will reject you automatically. Maybe ring up the university following results day if all does not go to plan, and see if they plan on still accepting you - or look at other options such as an apprenticeship or work experience which may help you to get into your course (in a worst case scenario).

On results day, if you still have doubts and are still panicking, there will be a lot of help available on TSR from myself and other members, as well as the use of the SQA post-results service. :-)
Original post by LeastWolf
Okay, so I found TSR in my darkest hours during exam leave and it helped me ALOT so i'm back (with a new account) and genuinely terrified, I never really realised the amount of pressure that is placed upon me by friends, family, teachers and myself to do well in my exams until now. I just feel like i'm going to be sick - I'm more nervous now than I was before my first exam. It's horrible. The worst part is, I completely forgot to sign up on my SQA so I'm going to have to wait until like 3pm when my post arrives. How's everyone else coping?

Nervous and excited, I keep thinking I've done worse than what I think. I signed up for the MySQA thing after I got one of those leaflets at school.
Really excited
really scared too :s-smilie:
For anyone considering going to university, or if you've already applied and are waiting on results, you can ask your questions to current university students here :smile:
Last set of SQA exams sat in High School. Not feeling confident felt like because they’re changing exams next year that this year was practically all revises highers
Original post by Friendly Forever

:wavey:

It's understandably a stressful time at the moment :redface: As has been said, if you don't meet your conditions, your university may still accept you, and a decision should appear on Track on results day. If you don't meet your grades, marking reviews may be an option, though you shouldn't pin your hopes on this as they are most often unsuccessful. If you don't get into uni this year, it is not the end of the world, even if it may feel like it! There are always other options and routes to get where you want! If you need any help or advice on results day, there will be plenty of people here to help :smile: Hope you get the grades you need though :smile:
Original post by Consectatrix
Really excited
really scared too :s-smilie:

That is a very common way to be feeling at this stage, so you won't be alone in that! Is this your first set of results?
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Last set of SQA exams sat in High School. Not feeling confident felt like because they’re changing exams next year that this year was practically all revises highers

Hope you get the results you want! :smile:
The highers this year had pretty much the same sets of documentation as the year before, so even if teachers made it feel like it was different (or perhaps adjusted what they did based on what was going on at Nat 5), be assured that the higher courses haven't significantly changed this year compared to last.

What are you planning on doing next?
Original post by Labrador99
Hope you get the results you want! :smile:
The highers this year had pretty much the same sets of documentation as the year before, so even if teachers made it feel like it was different (or perhaps adjusted what they did based on what was going on at Nat 5), be assured that the higher courses haven't significantly changed this year compared to last.

What are you planning on doing next?

Teaching was fine just overall exam was different to previous years with layout. I have a conditional for Biomedical Science at Uni and if I don’t get in I have an unconditional for applied science at college
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Teaching was fine just overall exam was different to previous years with layout. I have a conditional for Biomedical Science at Uni and if I don’t get in I have an unconditional for applied science at college

Ah, I see- sometimes these things get adjusted based on performance or feedback from previous cohorts of students and their teachers, so it may be what has happened here.

Ah, nice :smile: Hope you get the results you need to meet your conditional, and if not, hope you have a great time in college! :smile:
Sick. I’m 90% sure I got straight A’s in my highers, but there might be a B creeps in by a mark or so. I originally wanted to do dentistry, but now I don’t know that I want to put myself under the pressure that the dentistry course will place on me, as I have a history of depression and anxiety. So I’m now worried I get A’s, but have no idea what to do with them. Sounds like a first world problem I know, but it’s got me stressed beyond belief.
Reply 37
Original post by Mortifiedpenguin
Sick. I’m 90% sure I got straight A’s in my highers, but there might be a B creeps in by a mark or so. I originally wanted to do dentistry, but now I don’t know that I want to put myself under the pressure that the dentistry course will place on me, as I have a history of depression and anxiety. So I’m now worried I get A’s, but have no idea what to do with them. Sounds like a first world problem I know, but it’s got me stressed beyond belief.

What subjects did you take at higher?
Chemistry, Biology, Maths (I know that’s only 3, but I’m a mature student and that’s the criteria Glasgow required of me to apply for dentistry)
Reply 39
Original post by Mortifiedpenguin
Chemistry, Biology, Maths (I know that’s only 3, but I’m a mature student and that’s the criteria Glasgow required of me to apply for dentistry)

What did you think of the higher chemistry paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending