The Student Room Group

The Fashion Studio/talent rooms Marylebone road

Please be aware!!!! I fell for this scam two months ago that involved my 5year old son!! My son was offered a photo shoot at the studio Marylebone road they've recently changed their name to The Fashion studio! My son had the shoot then the host ARABELLA took us into a room and congratulated my son and offered him to model for them.. she told me there was a 14day cooling off period and that he would get work within 2weeks which none of this was true as I have recently found out!! I paid out £1600 of all my savings it's the worse thing I've ever done! I regret it so much and not to mention putting my son through that!! I've tried everything to get my money back and I've had no luck .. I phoned citizens advice and they have told me that The studio have used misleading information which is The*Consumer Protection(Amendment)*Regulations*2014 give*consumers*new private remedies where a trader lies or uses aggressive commercial practices which is exactly what they have done to me and 100's of other innocent people please do not fall for this as after you have paid out the money you will not receive any work!!! I really do not know how they sleep at night !! I've also contacted watchdog !! Jamillia maxwell and her theiving colleagues need to be stopped!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Now they go by another name called Match Models. The layout of the webpage is the same as The Fashion Studio/Talent Rooms, which i fell for. Please be warned not to go fall for modelling platforms. Ask for a proper contract and time to consider. Otherwise walk away.Mika
I have been contacted by these people and they have asked for a £50 deposit which is refundable and they said They will have plenty of work if I pass the photo shoot etc does any one have experience of this please They are called the fashion rooms/ the talent rooms thanks mcone Birmingham
Reply 3
Do not go please I cannot stress this anymore!!! They are an absolute con!! I'm taking them to court
Reply 4
Original post by Mikana
Now they go by another name called Match Models. The layout of the webpage is the same as The Fashion Studio/Talent Rooms, which i fell for. Please be warned not to go fall for modelling platforms. Ask for a proper contract and time to consider. Otherwise walk away.Mika

Hi Mika

It seems you have also been scammed like myself and my son, I cannot believe they have another name 😲I've been asked by citizens advice if I could get a small statement off another victim, could I ask you kindly if this is something you could do for me? As I need it for court.. please message me
Reply 5
Original post by Jessy89
Hi Mika

It seems you have also been scammed like myself and my son, I cannot believe they have another name 😲I've been asked by citizens advice if I could get a small statement off another victim, could I ask you kindly if this is something you could do for me? As I need it for court.. please message me

What statement do you need. I can write it here. Let me know what statement you need.
Reply 6
Hi Mika
Just a little paragraph of what happened to you at the studio also.
I've written mine out ... it's happening to so many people they need to be stopped . I've paid court fee's I won't stop until they pay my sons money back. They have changed managers there around 5 times in just 3 months the manager they have now goes by the name of Samantha but she has been horrible, all she keeps saying is you have signed a contract stating no returns but before that I was told there was a 14day cooling off period. And she said my son would have guaranteed work within two weeks, they are actually breaking the law.. I've reminded her off the consumer regulations act but she doesn't seem to care she has my money now and you don't hear from them again! Awful people how do they sleep at night.
This happened to me recently also. I am so gutted. £1000 on my credit card. I am going to put in a dispute 😩
This happened to me recently also. At the Fashion Lounge Marylebone I am so gutted. £1000 on my credit card. I am going to put in a dispute as I paid on credit card. Has anyone been successful with getting money back or have any tips ?
Original post by Jessy89
Hi Mika

PLEASE PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!!! Contact me on Instagram or here t_a98x
Original post by Jessy89
Do not go please I cannot stress this anymore!!! They are an absolute con!! I'm taking them to court

PLEASE MESSAGE ME t_a98x on instagram or contact me on here!!! There’s a few of us who are going to try and get our money back!!!
Original post by jessy89
hi mika
just a little paragraph of what happened to you at the studio also.
I've written mine out ... It's happening to so many people they need to be stopped . I've paid court fee's i won't stop until they pay my sons money back. They have changed managers there around 5 times in just 3 months the manager they have now goes by the name of samantha but she has been horrible, all she keeps saying is you have signed a contract stating no returns but before that i was told there was a 14day cooling off period. And she said my son would have guaranteed work within two weeks, they are actually breaking the law.. I've reminded her off the consumer regulations act but she doesn't seem to care she has my money now and you don't hear from them again! Awful people how do they sleep at night.

please please contact me lets get our money back together!!! A few of us are planning to get together and go down there
Reply 12
Original post by Taniaakhter
PLEASE MESSAGE ME t_a98x on instagram or contact me on here!!! There’s a few of us who are going to try and get our money back!!!

I have added you on instagram. I have also been scammed and am Interested to know how you are going to get your money back?
Original post by maryj0e
I have added you on instagram. I have also been scammed and am Interested to know how you are going to get your money back?

Original post by Maciverone
I have been contacted by these people and they have asked for a £50 deposit which is refundable and they said They will have plenty of work if I pass the photo shoot etc does any one have experience of this please They are called the fashion rooms/ the talent rooms thanks mcone Birmingham

Original post by Jessy89
Please be aware!!!! I fell for this scam two months ago that involved my 5year old son!! My son was offered a photo shoot at the studio Marylebone road they've recently changed their name to The Fashion studio! My son had the shoot then the host ARABELLA took us into a room and congratulated my son and offered him to model for them.. she told me there was a 14day cooling off period and that he would get work within 2weeks which none of this was true as I have recently found out!! I paid out £1600 of all my savings it's the worse thing I've ever done! I regret it so much and not to mention putting my son through that!! I've tried everything to get my money back and I've had no luck .. I phoned citizens advice and they have told me that The studio have used misleading information which is The*Consumer Protection(Amendment)*Regulations*2014 give*consumers*new private remedies where a trader lies or uses aggressive commercial practices which is exactly what they have done to me and 100's of other innocent people please do not fall for this as after you have paid out the money you will not receive any work!!! I really do not know how they sleep at night !! I've also contacted watchdog !! Jamillia maxwell and her theiving colleagues need to be stopped!!!

Let me know what you need I have also been scammed with empty promises thanks mciver one
Reply 14
it won't let me add the link but if you write in google BBC one model scam you will be horrified to see how many people like us they have scammed it was on the news on Monday just gone 😲
Hello, I have been scammed by this company myself out of the £50 deposit. When I called today the guy that picked up confirmed that this company IS a scam, he was told to use a fake name, gets calls all day about people not getting their money back and is worried himself he may not be paid his wage! I tried recording this conversation but failed and now they are no longer picking up. I don’t know what to do or where to go since £50 isn’t that much money but I am a student who is really broke and struggling to get by.
They scammed me and I’m a pensioner???
They scammed me too! They took my £50 and when I contacted them, they said they'd refund me within 14 days. That was a month ago. I really need that money as it goes towards food and bills. HELP!
They are low life scum

Quick Reply

Latest