The Student Room Group

ABC to AAA. I know I can get it! [GYG]

This page is being edited. Please check back soon.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Remember +c when integrating without limits.
Best of luck :h:
Reply 3
Good luck mate. :smile:
Ooh my first 2018-2019 blog I want to follow :ninja:
Massive good luck to you! That electronics raw mark is awesome :awesome:, well done!
Good luck!!! You can easily get the grades you want :tongue:. I've seen so many people make some great improvements in Year 13. Start early, prioritise past papers, and make sure you stick to the syllabus :h:.

My favourite way to revise for my A-Levels (business, economics and law) was to print off the syllabus and make very condensed revision notes on them, then going straight to do past paper questions and reading examiners reports if there are any.
Good luck with your goals! I'll be sure to follow your thread and see your progress:smile:
Good luck! I love seeing other year 13 GYGs. Are you making a tag list?
Reply 8
Original post by Your Local Cat
Remember +c when integrating without limits.

I'll keep that in mind!

Original post by urlocalethnic
Good luck! I love seeing other year 13 GYGs. Are you making a tag list?

If anyone is interested in being 'tagged' then just let me know and I'll tag them. :smile:

Original post by SomMC1
Good luck with your goals! I'll be sure to follow your thread and see your progress:smile:

:heart:

Original post by Lemur14
Ooh my first 2018-2019 blog I want to follow :ninja:
Massive good luck to you! That electronics raw mark is awesome :awesome:, well done!

Thank you! I am also very happy with the raw mark :smile:.
Original post by dvx
Background:
I'm going to be in Year 13 in September. I've had a decent Year 12 to be honest- I've made a few friends, I've done a few extra-curricular activities but I've also had breakdowns, especially during exam time.

I am applying for Computer Science as a major with a minor in Business/Economics at University.

My AS results (with ranking & raw marks if interested):

Spoiler

My predicted grades:

Spoiler

Reasons why I got those grades:

Spoiler

Open days & universities (will update as I go along):

Spoiler

Will update everyone twice weekly.

David

Awesome thread! Looking forward to following along! You'll definitely improve on those grades!
Original post by dvx
Background:
I'm going to be in Year 13 in September. I've had a decent Year 12 to be honest- I've made a few friends, I've done a few extra-curricular activities but I've also had breakdowns, especially during exam time.

I am applying for Computer Science as a major with a minor in Business/Economics at University.

My AS results (with ranking & raw marks if interested):

Spoiler

My predicted grades:

Spoiler

Reasons why I got those grades:

Spoiler

Open days & universities (will update as I go along):

Spoiler

Will update everyone twice weekly.

David

Great to see you're considering Loughborough, David :smile:

Good luck!

Amy
Good luck!! If you're making a tag list, please add me onto it :yes:
Results day tomorrow??!!! (AS and A2)

Scary.

Although, I did internal exams- phew! Quite a lot of people who did Physics in my college are picking their actual AS result.
Original post by dvx

Scary.

Although, I did internal exams- phew! Quite a lot of people who did Physics in my college are picking their actual AS result.

Your results wont impact anything officially, right?
Reply 15
Original post by dvx

Scary.

Yeah AS and A-Level results day is tomorrow and ofc it's a scary day for people involved.

Personally I also did internal exams so I don't have to worry too much but I'm still unaware what I'm being predicted. How are you doing btw? :smile:
The college has confirmed that my C has gone up to a B in maths!

I achieved 94/160 in my mock exam (which was originally a C)- but due to looking at the actual AS grade boundaries, my C has moved up to a B!! I'm v. happy with this.

ABB to AAA- let's see if I can do it!
Reply 17
Original post by dvx
The college has confirmed that my C has gone up to a B in maths!

I achieved 94/160 in my mock exam (which was originally a C)- but due to looking at the actual AS grade boundaries, my C has moved up to a B!! I'm v. happy with this.

ABB to AAA- let's see if I can do it!

Congratulations David and good luck for Year 13! :smile:
Posting to watch this thread! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending