The Student Room Group

Premier League correct score predictions competition 2018/19

Okay guys so as in previous years I'm running the Premier League Predictions competition. This year instead of doing it "in-house" in this thread, It's going to be done on Superbru. I'll still update this thread with the weekly results and reminders for people to get predictions done.

Scoring on Superbru has changed since last season, it now works like this...

If you guess a score correctly, it's 3 points
If you guess the right result and the goal difference is the same (might be other factors sometimes..), you get 1.5 points
If you guess the right result but are way off score wise, you get 1 point.

Also unlike TSR, if you forget to do your scores you will have a chance at some points, as if you do not enter your predictions Superbru gives you default predictions, which is basically just a prediction the favourite team will win, so you can only get 1 point for each game maximum. It says this works for 5 picks, I'm unsure if this is literally just 5 games, or forgetting to input predictions on 5 separate occasions. Either way...you don't want to forget ideally!

I've set it up (hopefully..), to have the monthly competitions shown on the Pool as well. So these are..

August/September games
October/November games
December games
January games
February games
March games
Apr/May games

Prizes wise not 100% figured out yet, I'll edit this post to reflect what's going on there when I get the information.

So...

The Pool name is TSR predictor, here's a link to it, I believe you apply to join once you have an account and I have to accept. If you use a different name on Superbru to your TSR username let me know who you are lol.

https://www.superbru.com/premierleague_predictor/pool.php?p=11908220

On the app you can find the pool by searching with the code "sameperk"

LIST OF THOSE TAKING PART- TSR/Superbru username (NA if the same)

joey11223 (captain) - joeyboy
chichaldo - NA
Londonsfinest - NA
sandybrown55 - sandy
Lucio - NA
S.G.- SG
Mushi_Master - NA
Stiff Little Fingers - pacifistycuffs
Evil Homer - NA
Toolson - NA
Hogree - NA
Mackay - NA
L'etranger123 - letranger123
AKRYL- Digame
Billa Bong - Bilal
Sr90- NA
CRTGG - NA
UWS- NA
Difeo- NA
AKY786UK- NA
Onde- NA
Will quote those who took part last season as I'm sure you may be interested.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully I'll be more active towards the end this time around.

I think you should use the superbru site
Reply 2
In.
Reply 3
In
Reply 4
In
In
Yeah I'm down and liked how the prizes worked - not that I won any haha

But perhaps using a special website or just one of those free make your own websites would be decent to use
In.
In. I have raised this to the Community Team regarding site promotion and any potential prizes for the winner.
In.

Superbru is good in terms of it auto updating but would be a new scoring system to get used to
Of course it is Manchester city going to lift the EPL cup 2018–19 for sure. In other words they have already won with two more games left to be played for the season. City having played 36 matches top the table with 94 points. Manchester united stands second top from the table with 77 points. Even if united win upcoming 2 matches and city loses both still man city will remain the top with 94 points and united with 83( in case if they win both upcoming matches).
Reply 11
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
In.

Superbru is good in terms of it auto updating but would be a new scoring system to get used to

Yeah there are a few websites, some are more complex in that they allow for you to pick double/triple point games, and other such bonuses. I think superbru's new system for this season is reasonably basic enough. I was going to change the scoring system slightly myself anyway. It's just barely being around and potentially no internet for much of September is the issue. People are forgetful enough with my quote reminders haha, hopefully superbru sends reminder emails and such...

Original post by sr90
In. I have raised this to the Community Team regarding site promotion and any potential prizes for the winner.

Hey up nice one, I could PM Blinkybill who handled that last year, but if you want to PM me with any feedback you get first? Traditionally it's been the £10 a month Amazon voucher (though due to how few gameweeks we get some months it was 2 months sometimes) and overall winner gets the football shirt. Could do that still or prizes for 1st,2nd, 3rd. The usual format encourages new players to join at any time, however the latter obviously means near the end of the season regulars are less likely to give up chasing the winner, since they could still win something.
@joey11223 I'm in.

Hey I will speak to the rest of the team regarding prizes. Regarding your absence in September, whatever you decide to do I'm happy to be caretaker manager if you need!
Reply 13
In, keen for Superbru! :smile:
In!
In.....I don't know what I am in but everyone above wrote in so yeh.
Reply 16
Original post by Evil Homer
@joey11223 I'm in.

Hey I will speak to the rest of the team regarding prizes. Regarding your absence in September, whatever you decide to do I'm happy to be caretaker manager if you need!

Nice one, I think I'll just make a pool on superbru as it will also help the couple of people last year who mentioned they struggled to open the excel spreadsheet on their phones, where as obviously the website gives easy and instantaneous results. I'll still sum up the weeks results and do reminders, albeit I think with superbru since you don't have to lock your scores before the game, I don't know if I'll be able to figure out who hasn't locked them and who actually has forgotten, but If I just tag everyone and do reminders it should be fine.

I'll wait until prizes are confirmed before I start the pool as you can write that when you create it.
Reply 17
Okay guys I've updated the OP start signing up/predicting.

Anyone who wishes to join read the first post on the thread and get involved!

Will quote those who played last year once more, after that I'll make a new quote list of those who have actually registered when it's almost time for the first round.

Spoiler

Reply 18
I am in
In

Quick Reply

Latest