The Student Room Group

Dear Teacher......[Golden Thread]

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :smile:

We've all had those teachers who are amazing, and teachers we'd really rather never have to see again...But, what are the things you'd like to say to your teacher that you never will?

This might be a....

Thank you letter

Love note

A confession

A piece of your mind

Other Golden Threads
The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning

1. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a GIF or a meme
2. What was your first memory of school?
3. What is your secret dream job?
4. What would you send to Room 101?
5. Share essential advice on starting A-levels
6. If you could study anything, what would you choose?
7. Which GCSE would you ban and why?
8. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
9. Find out the song at number 1 when you were born
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dear my old history teacher,
Thank you for looking after me, you didn't have to but you knew I was struggling and said I could come to you any time to discuss nightmares and the like. Thank you for meeting with me every Friday to make sure I was ok. Without your help I don't think I would have still been here long enough to get the professional support I started to receive at the start of uni.
Dear Miss McManamon,

You were probably the nicest teacher in the whole school and one of the best as well. Somehow you got me from a E to a B in RS when it seemed like all hope was lost. You were pretty oblivious to it but all the boys in our class (being the hormonal 16 year olds we were) probably spent more time looking at your "hooters" then looking at the whiteboard :biggrin: but we mostly concentrated on the jokes you always told which were genuinely funny. Also thanks for being there during serious times such as the time I was getting bullied by some kids in school you were always a teacher I knew I could count on. Definitely my favorite teacher I've had in the 3 schools I went to in my teenage years.
Dear Miss Lewis

If you're single now, call me. That's assuming you're still fit, you might have let yourself go in the 10 years since I left school.

Yours sincerely,

The kid who used to sit at the front of the class right at the side of the room so I could watch your tiddies wobble as you wrote on the board.
(edited 5 years ago)
Dear Miss Smith,
Thanks for saying that I wouldn’t pass GCSE English. Now I can proudly say I got A’s in GCSE, A Level English and graduated with a degree in English Literature.
Dear Mr.Knight,

Your sociology lessons were always so interesting. It also helped you were hot AF. You're dating the P.E teacher I never liked but I'll forgive you. You knew my favourite topic was marxism and you always made sure I had my say on working class exploitation XD.
To Mr B,
Thank you for sticking up for me when the people bullying me spread lies about me, even telling you different stories about me which weren't true.
Thank you for sticking up for me when the boys kicked my head in and tried to say I started it.
I know no one in the form ever listened to you, nor the powerpoints that sixth form made you put on. Truth it, they were so boring :biggrin: but I honestly hated the way all the girls treated you - they had no respect.

To my Psychology teacher,
Thank you for sitting with me for two hours every night after college hours, it meant a lot to know I had someone listening to me.
Thank you for helping me to report the boy who hurt me outside of school hours.
Thank you for speaking up about your depression and making everyone understand how depression works, eventhough you were only trying to get everyone understand cbt, cognitive explanations and bio rhythms.
It meant a lot because people bullied me for mine, then they finally understood.

To my health and social teacher,
Thank you for kicking social services and getting them to do what they were meant to.
Thank you for supporting me from gcses to alevels, withoug you I wouldn't have achieved an A* and an A!
And I'm sorry that the class wouldn't listen to you and they never completed coursework on time.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Dear Mrs Channeler (I think that's her name).

If you: a pastoral care teacher are as "professional" as you say you are, why did you feel the need to deliberately mock me as well as not listen to me instead of helping me when you knew that I was severely depressed.

Dear Mr Taylor

im getting gud @ maffs
(edited 5 years ago)
To Miss Williams, my maths teacher of three years.

I want to thank you for all of the confidence that you instilled within me to improve my mathematical skills. I came into your class being one of the students that always asked others for help, and left being the student who is able to help everybody. You’ve inspired me to carry on the subject to A Level, and for that I am truly grateful.

To Frau Bevan, my German teacher of two years.

I want to thank you for believing in me and spending so much of your free time every week to help me develop my grammatical and general knowledge of the German language. Without you, I would not have gone into my exams with confidence. You enabled me to speak with clarity and self-assurance, and for that I am eternally grateful.

To Ms Pugh and Mrs Elliott, my violin and piano teachers.

I want to thank you for not losing your patience when I didn’t practise as often as I ought to have. By helping me develop my performance skills, I have developed my ability to speak publically, which will aid me when pursuing the career of a lawyer. I will always cherish the many hours spent in your music rooms, playing duets.
Dear GCSE teacher,

Thank you for telling me I won't make anything with my life. Thank you for giving me the drive to succeed. Shove the 4 A*s I got where the sun doesn't shine and tell me now, a published postgrad that I won't make anything with my life. Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Dear Deputy Head Teacher,

Everybody disliked you, everybody talked **** about you and everyone thought you were annoying. I did hear through the grapevine that you were trying to become headteacher but didn’t make the cut because they deemed you to be incompetent at the job you already have. ( You might also want to have some of your colleagues sign some NDAs) 😊😉
(edited 5 years ago)
My old Portuguese teacher,

Thank you so much for helping me learn Portuguese as easily and efficiently as possible. I learned so much, and you were so kind to me, making sure I understood everything and helping me with things I was stuck. Thanks.
Original post by CoolCavy
Dear my old history teacher,
Thank you for looking after me, you didn't have to but you knew I was struggling and said I could come to you any time to discuss nightmares and the like. Thank you for meeting with me every Friday to make sure I was ok. Without your help I don't think I would have still been here long enough to get the professional support I started to receive at the start of uni.

:hugs:
Original post by Constantine2018
Dear Miss Smith,
Thanks for saying that I wouldn’t pass GCSE English. Now I can proudly say I got A’s in GCSE, A Level English and graduated with a degree in English Literature.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Dear GCSE teacher,

Thank you for telling me I won't make anything with my life. Thank you for giving me the drive to succeed. Shove the 4 A*s I got where the sun doesn't shine and tell me now, a published postgrad that I won't make anything with my life. Thanks.

Well done both of you for proving them wrong! :smile:
Dear my old science teacher,

I hope that you still remember me as I know that you have been ill. Thank you for all your help that you gave me at school. I'm sorry I let you down and didn't quite make the grade. It took me many years to try again but I never forgot you.

I still remembered your tips that you gave me and used them for the re-sit exam. i find out my results in 3 weeks and I hope to make you proud of me. You always believed in me.

Best wishes,

Muserock
I can not even say the teachers name at the risk of being found out :haha:

Dear Miss *Name censored for reasons*

Gonna be honest with you. You're hot. I couldn't concentrate the entire 3 years of being in your class, however I made it through in the end.
Despite the regular increased blood pressure in a certain region, you seemed like the sort of person I'd go out with.

Yours Sincerely
The awkward kid with eyes on you 24/7.
Original post by Muserock
Dear my old science teacher,

I hope that you still remember me as I know that you have been ill. Thank you for all your help that you gave me at school. I'm sorry I let you down and didn't quite make the grade. It took me many years to try again but I never forgot you.

I still remembered your tips that you gave me and used them for the re-sit exam. i find out my results in 3 weeks and I hope to make you proud of me. You always believed in me.

Best wishes,

Muserock

Hope you get the results you want :smile:
dear miss cartwright
you were a useless teacher. if i pass gcse physics it's no thanks to you but mr cooke who gave us revision lessons right up to the exams which were so much better. thanks for making me not enjoy the subject lol

manu
Dear Teacher...

I did not ask to drop Modern Studies to be an inconvenience to you or the school. I'm sorry it cost the school money to drop the subject so near to the exam. What you won't know is how my mental health was terrible and how i was studying 12 hours a day every day in order to get into university. Therefore, to drop that extra unnecessary subject was a good idea to me. I did not appreciate you laughing at me when i said what i wanted to study at university. I am surprised you did not know joint degrees in Psychology and Business exist despite how you were a business teacher. The way you asked 'How are they related?' in a snidey tone really hurt my confidence. All i can say is you must live under a rock and be the most uninteresting person i can think of. Business is not all finance and data sheets. I am really happy with my degree and it is completely right for me, despite you trying to make me think otherwise. I am at an amazing russel group uni studying something i enjoy whilst you are stuck in yet another limited mindset in a teaching job i can tell you hate. Due to staff like you, i won't be having my future children attend the high school i did. Growing up with a lack of confidence and having teachers make you feel worse about yourself is unacceptable. Shame on you.
Dear science teacher,

Dont assume someones capability early on in the year just from GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending