The Student Room Group

What is your secret dream job? [Golden Thread]

This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :teeth:

Whether realistic, totally unfeasible, or anywhere in between, what is your secret dream job? And do you think it's something you'll be able to achieve? :moon:

For me it's an author - I absolutely love my current job and I wouldn't want to leave it, but I've wanted to be an author since I was a child. I'd like to think it was feasible to some level, though being a well-known one is far less plausible I feel :lol:
_____

The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning! You can find the rest of the threads linked below :woo:

1. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a GIF or a meme
2. Dear teacher…
3. What was your first memory of school?
4. What is your secret dream job?
5. What would you send to Room 101?
6. Share essential advice on starting A-levels
7. If you could study anything, what would you choose?
8. Which GCSE would you ban and why?
9. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
10. Find out the song at number 1 when you were born
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Have always wanted to be a royal marine :lockstock: is not feesible at all :rofl: have too many health and psychiatric issues, plus am not fit enough and am a woman (they are letting girls in at some point but not sure when)
Second dream job is the one I wanted ever since I was a child which is a farrier, could be feesible I guess but don't want to do that job anymore really.
Stand up comic! I'm just not very funny :redface:
primary school teacher, professional dogwalker or a concert technician:smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by shadowdweller
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning :teeth:

Whether realistic, totally unfeasible, or anywhere in between, what is your secret dream job? And do you think it's something you'll be able to achieve? :moon:

For me it's an author - I absolutely love my current job and I wouldn't want to leave it, but I've wanted to be an author since I was a child. I'd like to think it was feasible to some level, though being a well-known one is far less plausible I feel :lol:
_____

The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning! You can find the rest of the threads linked below :woo:

1. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a GIF or a meme
2. Dear teacher…
3. What was your first memory of school?
4. What is your secret dream job?
5. What would you send to Room 101?
6. Share essential advice on starting A-levels
7. If you could study anything, what would you choose?
8. Which GCSE would you ban and why?
9. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
10. Find out the song at number 1 when you were born

I want to be a zoo keeper!!!!!! or a vet as love animals soooo much! I am a designer though which I do also love and have a mini zoo of animals at home with my geckos, tortoises, guinea pigs and cats :tongue:
I've got my heart set on working in medicine, and I'm studying super hard...but ever since a was a really young kid I've wanted to be an actress.
Field agent MI6 then I realise I don't have British nationality, yet.
Reply 7
Since way back when I was a child I have always wanted to be in the Royal Navy, however the medical conditions have put a stop to that. I'm working for the Merchant Navy now, so i'm half way there.
Reply 8
I want to be a cardiothoracic surgeon or trauma surgeon and be a spokesperson of medical ethics, that's my dream job but hopefully with hard work it'll be feasible.
A pilot (hence my old profile picture).

Without trying to sound cliche I believe anything you set your mind too is realistic.
When you tell yourself it's "too expensive" or "only x amount make it", you're already doubting your capability and hindering the accomplishment you can make.

I believe I will become a pilot :smile:
My secret dream job is to work on a magazine - a mental health one, an author as i'd love to write a book one day, or a counsellor/therapist
Olympic athlete :lol: I'm one of the least sporty people that I know, but it's still something I want to try for. Just perhaps not in the same sport as when I originally got the idea

When I was about 11 it was being a criminologist.
Reply 12
Become a writer. Preferably books aimed towards 14-18 year old girls. Or 18+, not really sure tbh. Maybe like the Divergent trilogy or John Green books.
I’d also like to be an editor for a fashion magazine.
Reply 13
Astronaut. Pretty obvious I think.
I'd go on the ISS, maybe to the Moon but I wouldn't fancy going all the way to Mars or something.
I've wanted to be practically anything and everything at some point :colondollar:
As a kid my heart was set on either paramedic, firefighter, RAF pilot or secret spy. I'd happily take on of these jobs to this day too! However my current dream job I'm working towards is a medical scientist, working on cures and treatments for diseases!
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
I want to be a zoo keeper!!!!!! or a vet as love animals soooo much! I am a designer though which I do also love and have a mini zoo of animals at home with my geckos, tortoises, guinea pigs and cats :tongue:

Can I have your job then :ninja:
Reply 16
In another life I'd have liked to have been in the miltary.
Musical Director (MD) of a West End musical. Neither my hearing nor my piano skills are up to it, but it's been a pipe dream ever since I realised I had a talent for conducting/arranging music :moon: My Oxford tutor wanted it to happen too, bless him :h:

:musicus:
Famous musical singer/performer or a singer/songwriter
a greedy scum of the earth banker! ooo I can't wait to be hated by everyone, it's gonna be so much fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending