The Student Room Group

What is your secret dream job? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

I have my dream job.. sort of.

I work as a freelance writer & editor, but my dream would be to just be a fiction editor. I do get a few projects of that kind of work but I would like to increase that and lower the writing I have to do, if possible.
Reply 21
I'd love to be a stage actor. Singing, dancing, pretending... I know there's more to it than that, but it would feel so liberating to get on stage and perform like that. Unfortunately I've got stage fright and zero skill in the field.
Original post by CoolCavy
Can I have your job then :ninja:

Haha if you can get me a zoology job hehe :smile: Na I love my designy stuff maybe I should start my own zoo at home have a couple of giraffes :smile: and pandas they are my fav!
Reply 23
Self employed billionaire! :tongue:
Fortnite Twitch streamer:awesome:
CISO
A translator for the UN :love:
Original post by lucieol
A translator for the UN :love:

[video="youtube;Vc8tfioOKvU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc8tfioOKvU[/video]

:colone:
My dream job would be to be a professional chocolate taster.
Last year I did get paid £80 for a market research assignment tasting a box of kinder chocolates.
Royal Marine Commando/SBS Operator
Reply 30
Pilot although no chance of that anymore.

That or TSR Dev.
Getting paid to scratch my own arse.
An astronaut. Even though I am equally facinated and terrified by space.
Reply 33
Original post by Notnek
Pilot although no chance of that anymore.

That or TSR Dev.

Why not? Go for it, though it would cost a lot to go through flight school.
Reply 34
Original post by Black Water
Why not? Go for it, though it would cost a lot to go through flight school.

Because I'm happy with what I do now. Things would have to change considerably before I considered such an extreme career change. Becoming a TSR Dev on the other hand... that dream is closer to reality. I'm writing a cover letter as we speak.
GP
Reply 36
a ****ing wizard.
Reply 37
Original post by Notnek
Because I'm happy with what I do now. Things would have to change considerably before I considered such an extreme career change. Becoming a TSR Dev on the other hand... that dream is closer to reality. I'm writing a cover letter as we speak.

Fair enough. Haha, good luck with that. :wink: You have to admit though, being a pilot would be cool.
Reply 38
Original post by Black Water
Fair enough. Haha, good luck with that. :wink: You have to admit though, being a pilot would be cool.

Definitely.
Reply 39
Original post by Notnek
Definitely.

Money would be the only problem for most people, like always.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending