The Student Room Group

What is your secret dream job? [Golden Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CoolCavy
Have always wanted to be a royal marine :lockstock: is not feesible at all :rofl: have too many health and psychiatric issues, plus am not fit enough and am a woman (they are letting girls in at some point but not sure when)
Second dream job is the one I wanted ever since I was a child which is a farrier, could be feesible I guess but don't want to do that job anymore really.

u wud be really really gud mareen hun or speshul forces ?

:kungfu:
Always wanted to be a wedding planner, but I’ve always felt pressure (and wanted) to get a degree. Who knows though, maybe I’ll be a wedding planner afterwards!
Original post by the bear
u wud be really really gud mareen hun or speshul forces ?

:kungfu:

Mareen all da wae
I would become a professional bed tester. Basically, I would just laze around all day but get paid for it.

On a serious note, I'd like to be a costume designer. I love dressing up and wearing makeup, though I don't do it very often. I'd need to learn how to make clothes first though! It's likely that I'd do this as a hobby instead if I pursue it more seriously.
Spy,Astronaut,Group singer,Actress
I'll add more when I think of it....
Airline Pilot.

Or the next Noel Gallagher. Either one suits me.

Though I would also like to be a professional poker player, or a pitcher in Major League Baseball.
(edited 5 years ago)
Music producer - would be mostly indie rock infused with some new wave electro.

Photographer and videographer as well for really high end projects

Maybe even a short film producer.

Imo, these are more hobbies than a job though. My actual dream job is to be at the very forefront of either capitalism (allocation of capital or utilisation of capital) or knowledge creation (or both).

Being just a regular skilled worker (whether software engineer or quant or surgeon or creative) doesn't interest me career wise - I see those jobs as a means to an end rather than the end itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
musician, astronaut, explorer or member of a thinktank
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Getting paid to scratch my own arse.

Same, and that's why I went out and got my dream job in the Civil Service.
Full-time writer and betta fish breeder.

Tried the former. Being a starving artist sucks. It’s why I’m doing a second degree in something more practical. :P I’m working on establishing it as a ‘side’ career though. :smile:

As for betta breeding, I don’t have the time or money for it. They’re a very aggressive species that require separating as they age. And you can’t simply put a male and female in a tank together and hope for the best - they’ll kill each other! In the meantime I breed more docile species. Betta breeding is my retirement plan though. :h:
Reply 50
Wouldn't be a secret if I said :mmm:
Original post by shadowdweller
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :teeth:

Whether realistic, totally unfeasible, or anywhere in between, what is your secret dream job? And do you think it's something you'll be able to achieve? :moon:

For me it's an author - I absolutely love my current job and I wouldn't want to leave it, but I've wanted to be an author since I was a child. I'd like to think it was feasible to some level, though being a well-known one is far less plausible I feel :lol:
_____

The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning! You can find the rest of the threads linked below :woo:

1. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a GIF or a meme
2. Dear teacher…
3. What was your first memory of school?
4. What is your secret dream job?
5. What would you send to Room 101?
6. Share essential advice on starting A-levels
7. If you could study anything, what would you choose?
8. Which GCSE would you ban and why?
9. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
10. Find out the song at number 1 when you were born

Hmmm, I would definitely say....President. :smile: Edit: Do I think I can achieve it?~ Hmm, I'd say I think I could but it would take blood, sweat and tears (metaphorically) to get into that position and many, many years of studying/training which I'm not ready for :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 52
I'm going into medicine but my 'dream jobs' would either be to be an author (wanted to be one since I was a child) or a music producer (I'm actually producing music on the side so that may work out).
Reply 53
Get paid to sleep

Inception style
Original post by shadowdweller
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning a £250 Amazon voucher and other prizes :teeth:

Whether realistic, totally unfeasible, or anywhere in between, what is your secret dream job? And do you think it's something you'll be able to achieve? :moon:

For me it's an author - I absolutely love my current job and I wouldn't want to leave it, but I've wanted to be an author since I was a child. I'd like to think it was feasible to some level, though being a well-known one is far less plausible I feel :lol:
_____

The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning! You can find the rest of the threads linked below :woo:

1. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a GIF or a meme
2. Dear teacher…
3. What was your first memory of school?
4. What is your secret dream job?
5. What would you send to Room 101?
6. Share essential advice on starting A-levels
7. If you could study anything, what would you choose?
8. Which GCSE would you ban and why?
9. Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?
10. Find out the song at number 1 when you were born

Musical theatre actress - no dance skills whatsoever
Race car driver
A doctor! I’ve always loved the idea of helping people by making them feel better!
I always wanted to be a Spy or a crazy scientist... Just to have the honor to save the world and the super expensive toys.
F1 driver
Will never happen tho
I always wanted to be a performer. Someone who acts and sings on a West End or Broadway stage.

I’m just not good enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending