The Student Room Group

Why is Europe built better than Britain?

Look around Britain, especially England, all you see are short brick houses, poorly built with brick, falling apart. They look shoddy, cold and damp. You see loads of these houses along high streets.

But European buildings seem more robust, grand and better designed. Just look around all the major European cities, like Germany, and you will see loads of buildings with ornate decorations etc, even ordinary apartment blocks and buildings of no real importance seem to be well constructed.

But in England, you just see old farm like buildings. Plain and horrible. The only exception are a few grand buildings in major cities like London etc. But for the most part, it's vile and uninspiring. Then you get all the modern cardboard like houses, thrown together, with paper thin walls etc. It's a joke.

Just another reason why I hate England.

Thoughts?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by studentshello
Look around Britain, especially England, all you see are short brick houses, poorly built with brick, falling apart. They look shoddy, cold and damp. You see loads of these houses along high streets.

Rubbish, many parts of Europe have poorly build shoddy properties too. Try visiting.
Have you ever actually been to the continent?
Original post by studentshello

Just another reason why I hate England.

Piss off back to Pakistan then, or whichever other scummy country you hail from.
Yes, Greece, Cyprus, Spain etc clearly have better quality buildings than the U.K.

Also major European cities like Germany? I think you need to go back to geography class mate.
LOL, clueless. British built house are the best around.
Move then if you don't like it here. Bye!
Reply 7
Original post by goggleyed
Piss off back to Pakistan then, or whichever other scummy country you hail from.

You’re allowed to be critical of a country you live in. Pretty ignorant to assume that they come from another country and even more ignorant to suggest that you must leave if you are not completely happy with the country that you live in.
Original post by ruthflame57
You’re allowed to be critical of a country you live in. Pretty ignorant to assume that they come from another country and even more ignorant to suggest that you must leave if you are not completely happy with the country that you live in.

There’s a difference between being critical and what this thread is though.
Reply 9
Original post by Andrew97
There’s a difference between being critical and what this thread is though.

I don’t really think that criticising buildings is that serious to warrant a reply such as that. Honestly no criticism of a country warrants such animosity. Disagreement and discussion is another matter. You can disagree and explain why you believe that the building quality here is superior or that it is equal etc without being rude.
I don’t really think that criticising buildings is that serious to warrant a reply such as that. Honestly no criticism of a country warrants such animosity. Disagreement and discussion is another matter. You can disagree and explain why you believe that the building quality here is superior or that it is equal etc without being rude.

Did you read his post?

this is another reason why I hate England is what he said.
Plus what he wrote is grossly untrue.

STFU!

Exactly. People are all for freedom of speech until it’s something they disagree with.
There are plenty of badly built buildings in parts of Europe and some really well built here is Britain. Do you live in Liverpool by any chance ?
Reply 14
Original post by Andrew97
Did you read his post?

this is another reason why I hate England is what he said.
Plus what he wrote is grossly untrue.

Then you say it is grossly untrue. People can ‘hate’ the country where they live. Many people are critical of the UK etc. I have too been very critical. It’s just idiotic to argue with the person who posted this in such a way. It doesn’t help in any way to convey their point or their feelings.
Reply 15
Original post by myfridgehatesme
STFU!

Thank you for your eloquent reply. You’ve made a fantastic contribution to the discussion.
Conclusion: all of you are ignorant
Original post by goggleyed

What if the person is white-English ? That would be embarrassing
People who make claims like this and denounce the country are in should be taken to those countries and understand how well of they are.

Absolutely don't get why some people pick on Britain so much. Give it a space dammit.

"Why is Europe built better than Britain"

Britain is in Europe you imbecile.
Then you say it is grossly untrue. People can ‘hate’ the country where they live. Many people are critical of the UK etc. I have too been very critical. It’s just idiotic to argue with the person who posted this in such a way. It doesn’t help in any way to convey their point or their feelings.

To be fair, I did say it was untrue in my original post. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest