The Student Room Group

How do you get moved up a set ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It took me up to year 9 to finally get moved up.
we dont have sets up till year 10! :confused: someone told me its because i got to a grammar but can someone confirm this? thanks! :smile:
Hmm, it probably just depends on your school... we had Maths sets since Year 7, English, science & language sets since Year 8.
Excalibur
Hmm, it probably just depends on your school... we had Maths sets since Year 7, English, science & language sets since Year 8.

thanks, it is probably my school! :redface: :rolleyes:
I was very good at maths but i never got moved up because of behaviour in lessons, maybe that could be the reason?
Original post by Ktjordan
I was very good at maths but i never got moved up because of behaviour in lessons, maybe that could be the reason?

commenting on a 13 year old thread lol. these people are all married w kids. crazy
Well you have to show the teacher you are interested,for exaple always be enthusiastic to raise your hand when a teacher asks a question. Another thing is that your behaviour has to be good in order to move up.
The only way is to get top marks in your set in your exams. I started out year 9 in maths set 3 out of 4. By year 11 I moved up to set 1 and beat the average there so it’s not that hard, although I kinda missed intellectually destroying the rest of the class back in the set 3 days lol
Original post by Nerdyincredible
Well you have to show the teacher you are interested,for exaple always be enthusiastic to raise your hand when a teacher asks a question. Another thing is that your behaviour has to be good in order to move up.

Original post by DennisT98
The only way is to get top marks in your set in your exams. I started out year 9 in maths set 3 out of 4. By year 11 I moved up to set 1 and beat the average there so it’s not that hard, although I kinda missed intellectually destroying the rest of the class back in the set 3 days lol

This thread is nearly thirteen years old. OP hasn't even logged in in over ten years. Get a grip.
Original post by Tootles
This thread is nearly thirteen years old. OP hasn't even logged in in over ten years. Get a grip.

Sorry, I should have realised. It was on the home page so I assumed it was a new thread, I guess I should have checked the dates of the posts, won’t happen again
Original post by DennisT98
Sorry, I should have realised. It was on the home page so I assumed it was a new thread, I guess I should have checked the dates of the posts, won’t happen again
Just read the date on the first post. It's not that hard.
Original post by Tootles
Just read the date on the first post. It's not that hard.

Yeah I will do from now on, you’re right.
Just work hard and ace your exams, at my school the sets were decided purely from test results so not sure about how your school does it but just work hard and stay determined to move up, I’m sure you’ll get there :smile:
Tbh sets don’t matter, I was in the third set and I got an A* so it doesn’t determine what you’re actually capable of, just how consistently you work throughout the year.
How do you move up I have been waiting for a long time to move up the teachers don’t notice me what should I do??
Original post by cybercool
yes but the thing is that it is a intervention class ( for people who should have got higher grades than predicted ) so does that change anything ? :rolleyes:

Also, the teacher is very strick so im not sure about asking :eek:

it never hurts to ask, she isnt gonna karate chop you.
Reply 36
Keep on getting high marks and scores and be eager to awnser any questions. Be the outstanding person in your class.
Reply 37
I’m so mad rn cause today the teacher announced who is moving up and I’m literally in the last set and I’ve literally done well comparing to the students who moved up today I got the same scores as them in the latest test we did I was so disappointed as I spent all my time and effort studying!! I was just Oof
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 38
Lol I’m in the last set because I messed up in the midys test I had basically it determina if your smart or not lmao and anyways I was freaking mad when I was put into the last set in primary I was in the average set anyways I’m getting higher scores than the rest of my class not trying to Bragg or anything just facts but no one seems to care I’ve gotten the highest scores for the past few months now! I’ve never told my teacher he’s nice and all but I feel nervous to ask him
I am getting moved down from set 2 to 3 in maths, is there any way I could get moved up, I am in year 11. I got a consistent grade of 6 last year but flunked my recent test with only a grade of 5. any way to move back up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending