The Student Room Group

The wait is KILLING me!!!

So Alevel results day is so soon and I am extremely worried. I worry about everything/anyone and this is just too much! I'm known to very "empathetic".
I've worked extremely hard for the last 2 years and my teachers know that I am such a hardworking student but I am so scared.
I find it difficult to sleep at night.
How about if I've let my teachers down? Or my parents?😢 I'm going to be so embarrassed!

I'm especially worried for Chemistry I did OCR-I feel like the only one who found it difficult and my Chemistry teacher went the extra mile for me and I REALLy don't want to let her down-I want to atleast get a C! As she's helped me ALOT because she knew it wasn't my strongest subject.

I fear I may not get into Univeristy-I've applied for Optometry and Aston uni is the only local uni that do my course and I don't want to go far. If I don't get in im going to be shattered😢😢
I had applied for something else but had got rejected from all 5 unis so Optometry is my last chance-so this is why I'm so nervous and worried!!!😢

I can't stop worrying- I find it difficult to sleep, can't eat- can't enjoy anything for a long time I'm just constantly thinking about results day and as the days are getting closer I feel like I have a lump in my throat and feel so sick! And so weak!

One of my teacher knows about me worrying and had told me to keep in touch especially if I begin to get very anxious.
But I feel bad getting in touch and telling her how I'm feeling about results day-because she's on holiday and I dint want her worrying about me.
I'm feeling dizzy and have headaches occasionally. I cry because I don't want to be a failure and I definitely don't want to let anyone down.
I hide my tears in front of family and it's at night when I'm in bed that I just let everything out.

I think I may have anxiety-my teachers had touched on this whilst I was in sixth form. But I don't want to take this anxiety matter any further-I just want to keep it to myself-it may just be nothing and may go away after results day.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that everyone who worked hard gets the grades they deserve.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Alisha999
So Alevel results day is so soon and I am extremely worried. I worry about everything/anyone and this is just too much! I'm known to very "empathetic".
I've worked extremely hard for the last 2 years and my teachers know that I am such a hardworking student but I am so scared.
I find it difficult to sleep at night.
How about if I've let my teachers down? Or my parents?😢 I'm going to be so embarrassed!

I'm especially worried for Chemistry I did OCR-I feel like the only one who found it difficult and my Chemistry teacher went the extra mile for me and I REALLy don't want to let her down-I want to atleast get a C! As she's helped me ALOT because she knew it wasn't my strongest subject.

I fear I may not get into Univeristy-I've applied for Optometry and Aston uni is the only local uni that do my course and I don't want to go far. If I don't get in im going to be shattered😢😢
I had applied for something else but had got rejected from all 5 unis so Optometry is my last chance-so this is why I'm so nervous and worried!!!😢

I can't stop worrying- I find it difficult to sleep, can't eat- can't enjoy anything for a long time I'm just constantly thinking about results day and as the days are getting closer I feel like I have a lump in my throat and feel so sick! And so weak!

One of my teacher knows about me worrying and had told me to keep in touch especially if I begin to get very anxious.
But I feel bad getting in touch and telling her how I'm feeling about results day-because she's on holiday and I dint want her worrying about me.
I'm feeling dizzy and have headaches occasionally. I cry because I don't want to be a failure and I definitely don't want to let anyone down.
I hide my tears in front of family and it's at night when I'm in bed that I just let everything out.

I think I may have anxiety-my teachers had touched on this whilst I was in sixth form. But I don't want to take this anxiety matter any further-I just want to keep it to myself-it may just be nothing and may go away after results day.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that everyone who worked hard gets the grades they deserve.

I skipped A-levels. Doing well now. Chill.
Reply 2
Don’t worry because worrying makes u stressed > stress causes spots > spots causes stress and the cycle continues. Whatever grades you get please don’t let it define ur intelligence or ur worth as a person 💕

Quick Reply

Latest