The Student Room Group

Weird Girl That Wants to be a Boy

Well as you can read by the title I am a cis girl but I want to be a boy. I hate the gender roles and **** like that and I want to have a flat chest and wear masculine clothes and literally BE A MALE but I'm not transgender I don't have gender dysphoria and I don't think I want top surgery.Can I still look like a boy act like a boy and have male gender pronouns without being transgender? Or is that considered offensive to people who ARE transgender? Do I have to just suck it up and hope this kind of feeling just blows over?
just do what you feel you wanna do, yeah it may blow over and be a phase but you gotta think what's right for you now. and about being flat chested I'm pretty sure you can mimick that without surgery with like really tight tape of some sort which you wrap around. good luck either way though
with no intent to be offensive, are you sure you’re not transgender? what makes you think you’re cis?

on the “without being offensive to transgender people", of course! you can be whatever/whoever you want to be. the LGBTQ+ community is a very inclusive one, and there’s a huge spectrum of people between outright cis and outright trans. :smile:
Original post by SherlockAnon
Well as you can read by the title I am a cis girl but I want to be a boy. I hate the gender roles and **** like that and I want to have a flat chest and wear masculine clothes and literally BE A MALE but I'm not transgender I don't have gender dysphoria and I don't think I want top surgery.Can I still look like a boy act like a boy and have male gender pronouns without being transgender? Or is that considered offensive to people who ARE transgender? Do I have to just suck it up and hope this kind of feeling just blows over?

Just want to say that you don’t need to have dysphoria to be trans (most people do but it’s not necessary)

Also
Original post by will null
I'm pretty sure you can mimick that without surgery with like really tight tape of some sort which you wrap around. good luck either way though

Also please do not do this! Using tape is really dangerous if you want to have a flat chest please check how to bind safely. You can get a binder which is super compressive or you could use a sports bra. It depends on how flat you want to be and how much you have to flatten.
(@will null please don’t think I’m having a go at you, I know it was just a suggestion!)
this world is confused
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Also please do not do this! Using tape is really dangerous if you want to have a flat chest please check how to bind safely. You can get a binder which is super compressive or you could use a sports bra. It depends on how flat you want to be and how much you have to flatten.
(@will null please don’t think I’m having a go at you, I know it was just a suggestion!)

yeah it's understandable. I was just talking about what I heard never had any experience
yeah it's understandable. I was just talking about what I heard never had any experience

No I get that, I’ve just heard of what bad binding can do and it’s not nice. Thanks for not thinking I was having a go at you.
Original post by TopSurgeon21Cent
this world is confused
Can agree on that my dude.
Duuude i feel the same exact way! except that i kind of want top surgery so i don't have to bind all the time. and i don't really like my breasts anyways, they're pretty pointless to me.
wearing baggy clothes and disliking having breasts doesn't suddenly make you a male. I think you just mean you're a tomboy.
You can wear whatever you want and act however you want without labelling it. You can still be woman and act in a masculine way and wear masculine clothes. I think the popular label for that is non-gender conforming, but who cares what it's called. This taxonomy is pointless, you just be whoever you want to be and do the things you want to do. Lots of other people will tell you that your trans or a tomboy or a lesbian, but none of that matters. What matters is you doing what makes you happy and being true to yourself.
Ngl if you don’t even have dysphoria that is kind of weird... not to be mean but I don’t really understand why you would want to be transgender anyways. You’re basically saying ‘I want to act transgender but I’m not’ from what I can understand. You’re just opening yourself up to being discriminated against for no reason. Also, binding will ruin your boobs, if you don’t like them maybe have reduction surgery when you are older ?
Original post by username4197586
Ngl if you don’t even have dysphoria that is kind of weird... not to be mean but I don’t really understand why you would want to be transgender anyways. You’re basically saying ‘I want to act transgender but I’m not’ from what I can understand. You’re just opening yourself up to being discriminated against for no reason. Also, binding will ruin your boobs, if you don’t like them maybe have reduction surgery when you are older ?

that's not what they're saying! i relate to this post SO much. they're saying, from my understanding, that they want to be called a guy and look like a guy. they don't feel trapped in their own body like people with actual dysphoria, but they just.. would feel more themself if they were the oppisite gender?
just do what you feel you wanna do, yeah it may blow over and be a phase but you gotta think what's right for you now. and about being flat chested I'm pretty sure you can mimick that without surgery with like really tight tape of some sort which you wrap around. good luck either way though

Please dont do that it's dangerous, get a proper binder.

Moved to advice on everyday issues
If you don't have dysphoria, you're not trans cause you need gender dysphoria to be transgender, and you shouldn't use male pronouns cause they're for men. From what you've said I'd say you're just a tomboy.
Original post by omegathot
that's not what they're saying! i relate to this post SO much. they're saying, from my understanding, that they want to be called a guy and look like a guy. they don't feel trapped in their own body like people with actual dysphoria, but they just.. would feel more themself if they were the oppisite gender?

Not sure why this has been bumped but the "X trapped in the body of a Y" is kind of inaccurate, it's a way of putting it that cis people can sort of grasp rather than exactly how it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending