The Student Room Group

Keeping Calm and Cavying on at Uni MKII: Second Year Struggles

Hey, I'm Cavy :hello:, this thread is a continuation of This Thread but obviously I can't put this one in Fresher's Blogs as I'm no longer a fresher. This thread is for the new academic year which is my second year at university.

This thread isn't going to be a GYG with notebooks and perfectly laid out stationery because my life is quite messy often and there are a number of health things that impact my life. If that's not your thing that's fine but this thread probably isn't one you will really be into, which is also fine as no-one is obligated to read it :nah:

Academic History :work::

Spoiler

Health :nurse::

Spoiler

Anything else?

Spoiler

Tagging the main wonderful people who posted in my last thread: @Pathway @04MR17 @Lemur14 @Muttley79 @The_Lonely_Goatherd
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for blog continuation. So pleased about this - wasn't sure whether you'd continue or not and didn't want to put any pressure. But I do really like following your blog, even if I don't always know what to say in response, or can't comment on everything due to my own health :redface:

:penguinhug:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CoolCavy
Hey, I'm Cavy :hello:, this thread is a continuation of This Thread but obviously I can't put this one in Fresher's Blogs as I'm no longer a fresher. This thread is for the new academic year which is my second year at university.

This thread isn't going to be a GYG with notebooks and perfectly laid out stationery because my life is quite messy often and there are a number of health things that impact my life. If that's not your thing that's fine but this thread probably isn't one you will really be into, which is also fine as no-one is obligated to read it :nah:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anything else?

Spoiler

Tagging the main wonderful people who posted in my last thread: @Pathway @04MR17 @Lemur14 @Muttley79 @The_Lonely_Goatherd

Watching! I'm just here for Gus tbh :laugh: Seriously though, Good luck for next year and I'll be following your journey.
Reply 3
:jumphug: I'm so glad you're doing a blog this year! Will be watching. :yep: Good luck!
:jumphug::cube::lovehug:
So glad you're doing this again! Was lovely to follow your journey and get to know you last year so in to watch (and comment) :yep:
:wavey: to Gus!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lazy: = sophomore

:borat:
Can I be tagged please :puppyeyes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for blog continuation. So pleased about this - wasn't sure whether you'd continue or not and didn't want to put any pressure. But I do really like following your blog, even if I don't always know what to say in response, or can't comment on everything due to my own health :redface:

:penguinhug:

Original post by MaizieAmyr
Watching! I'm just here for Gus tbh :laugh: Seriously though, Good luck for next year and I'll be following your journey.

Original post by Pathway
:jumphug: I'm so glad you're doing a blog this year! Will be watching. :yep: Good luck!

Original post by Lemur14
:jumphug::cube::lovehug:
So glad you're doing this again! Was lovely to follow your journey and get to know you last year so in to watch (and comment) :yep:
:wavey: to Gus!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by the bear
:lazy: = sophomore

:borat:

:grouphugs: thanks everyone

Original post by Labrador99
Can I be tagged please :puppyeyes:

i dont really have a tag list cos i update so reguarly that i dont want to spam people with notifs or make them think they have to read it :colondollar:
Reply 9
[scroll]:ninja:[/scroll]
We like to blog with Cavy
Cos Cavy is our mate
And when we blog with Cavy
They rep my post in eight....
:grouphugs: thanks everyone

i dont really have a tag list cos i update so reguarly that i dont want to spam people with notifs or make them think they have to read it :colondollar:

No worries :smile: Will be following along regardless :smile: :hugs:
Original post by TSRGus
[scroll]:ninja:[/scroll]

GUS :gah:

:hi:

Original post by 04MR17
We like to blog with Cavy
Cos Cavy is our mate
And when we blog with Cavy
They rep my post in eight....

Cannot rep. ****ing TSR :colonhash:
05/08/18:
Am in a lot of pain today, idk why it gets worse randomly. Have been asleep most of the day tbh cos am home alone so it's only me and my pets here. Need to ring the doctors tomorrow cos I rang on Friday but they said the x-ray results hadn't come back yet. I don't think it can show any nerves it's squashing (doctor thinks it's squashing my pelvic nerve) but it should show how badly it's twisted and hopefully can get some pain relief in the meantime (ibuprofen doesnt do anything for it so am going to ask for something stronger) cos will have to have any treatment or further tests for it at uni cos am going back quite soon. So will need either copies of the x-rays or for my temporary doctors to fax them over or something.
Have done my first of 5 drawings. Am pleased with how it's turned out but still need to do the other 4 :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Great to see this and I look forward to reading your new thread.
:hugs:

:teddy: says hello to Gus and he will be following his travels with great interest.
05/08/18:
Am in a lot of pain today, idk why it gets worse randomly. Have been asleep most of the day tbh cos am home alone so it's only me and my pets here. Need to ring the doctors tomorrow cos I rang on Friday but they said the x-ray results hadn't come back yet. I don't think it can show any nerves it's squashing (doctor thinks it's squashing my pelvic nerve) but it should show how badly it's twisted and hopefully can get some pain relief in the meantime (ibuprofen doesnt do anything for it so am going to ask for something stronger) cos will have to have any treatment or further tests for it at uni cos am going back quite soon. So will need either copies of the x-rays or for my temporary doctors to fax them over or something.
Have done my first of 5 drawings. Am pleased with how it's turned out but still need to do the other 4 :smile:

Glad you are pleased with the first one, cause it looked amazing :smile:
Original post by Labrador99

Glad you are pleased with the first one, cause it looked amazing :smile:

:ditto:

Hope the Xray is back tomorrow and is the best news it can be, whatever that might be :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
wishing you the absolute best for your second year at university ! - hope everything improves health wise + you manage to make yourself proud with the admirably hard work once again. love you millions + will *obviously* be following your journey
posting to subscribe ! ly Cavsicle :hugs:
can't wait to see what you get up to and here's to a great 2nd year :cheers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anything else?

Spoiler

Clicks "Watch" on the thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending