The Student Room Group

Your Most Embarrassing/Awkward Situations

This was some time ago but on a train to Scotland I fell asleep on a random lady's shoulder. I couldn't keep my head up and just dozed off as I was awake on like 30 minutes sleep if that. According to my family they tried really hard to wake me up but I wasn't getting up- 😁😀. I remember then trying to speak casually to this lady like nothing happened but shttttt the rest of the long journey was so awkward.

What are some of the most awkward and embarrassing situations you've been in?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rezwan_
This was some time ago but on a train to Scotland I fell asleep on a random lady's shoulder. I couldn't keep my head up and just dozed off as I was awake on like 30 minutes sleep if that. According to my family they tried really hard to wake me up but I wasn't getting up- 😁😀. I remember then trying to speak casually to this lady like nothing happened but shttttt the rest of the long journey was so awkward.

What are some of the most awkward and embarrassing situations you've been in?

When I was 10, I went on holiday to Egypt with my family and they decided to rent some quadbikes and the guy let me ride what was a high powered motorbike. I get on this bike and underestimating the speed of the bike I pull the handle down getting it into top speed and I hit straight into a line of bikes that were stacked in a line. They all fell down one after another like dominoes. The Egyptian bloke points at me then goes, "You banned".
Reply 2
Original post by madmirrors
When I was 10, I went on holiday to Egypt with my family and they decided to rent some quadbikes and the guy let me ride what was a high powered motorbike. I get on this bike and underestimating the speed of the bike I pull the handle down getting it into top speed and I hit straight into a line of bikes that were stacked in a line. They all fell down one after another like dominoes. The Egyptian bloke points at me then goes, "You banned".

Ouch. You probably thought "Pfff I got this- how hard can it be?" 😂. Why this guy let you on it at the age of 10 I don't understand lol.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Rezwan_
Ouch. You probably thought "Pfff I got this- how hard can it be?" 😂. Why this guy let you on it at the age of 10 I don't understand lol.

It's Egypt 😂 The bloke just wanted money and I wasn't hurt or anything. It would have looked good on You've Been Framed if we had recorded it on a video 😂
Reply 4
Did you ever go back? 😂
i'll probably never forget this as much as i want to but i hugged some random girl who looked like my cousin at a bowling alley and then i had to apologise so much yikes:facepalm:
Reply 6
Original post by madmirrors
It's Egypt 😂 The bloke just wanted money and I wasn't hurt or anything. It would have looked good on You've Been Framed if we had recorded it on a video 😂

Unlucky. YBF might have given some good money for your effort you know haha :rofl:
I went on holiday to Turkey recently, and we were on a ship that took us to a few places. It would stop over very 45 mins or so. The first time i got on...there were loads of people and there was this guy who was sitting opposite me...not directly but yeah. and he kept on staring at me every few mins and every time i looked at him he looked away. After the second stopover, when we got on again it was time to eat and my fam for some reason sat in the table infront of his. my parents were lecturing me about something so like any normal person i was hella embaraseed as i was on a ship. so when i looked up he would just be there. and his sister kept on staring at me and whispering in his ear.-like it was my fault he was infront of me :/ now the third time.....this was bad. I was feeling slightly sick so i fell asleep with my head in my dads lap- the boy and his fam were downstairs for agess as there was place to sit there and i thought they wouldnt come up. But when my eyes opened the first thing i see is this boys face. he is sitting with his whole fam. i was so darned embarassed. i mustve looked a mess.lol ew i didnt like this guy but it was just weird how i ended up seeing him all the time. anyways he was sitting with his whole fam and they were just talking but it was in turkish :/ do i couldnt understand what they were saying. i got pissed off because i think the sister thougt i liked him which i DID NOT. but it was still embarassing.
Reply 8
Original post by Bookaddict02
I went on holiday to Turkey recently, and we were on a ship that took us to a few places. It would stop over very 45 mins or so. The first time i got on...there were loads of people and there was this guy who was sitting opposite me...not directly but yeah. and he kept on staring at me every few mins and every time i looked at him he looked away. After the second stopover, when we got on again it was time to eat and my fam for some reason sat in the table infront of his. my parents were lecturing me about something so like any normal person i was hella embaraseed as i was on a ship. so when i looked up he would just be there. and his sister kept on staring at me and whispering in his ear.-like it was my fault he was infront of me :/ now the third time.....this was bad. I was feeling slightly sick so i fell asleep with my head in my dads lap- the boy and his fam were downstairs for agess as there was place to sit there and i thought they wouldnt come up. But when my eyes opened the first thing i see is this boys face. he is sitting with his whole fam. i was so darned embarassed. i mustve looked a mess.lol ew i didnt like this guy but it was just weird how i ended up seeing him all the time. anyways he was sitting with his whole fam and they were just talking but it was in turkish :/ do i couldnt understand what they were saying. i got pissed off because i think the sister thougt i liked him which i DID NOT. but it was still embarassing.

I wonder what made him look at you so much lool. He probs fell in love like this: 😍 You must wonder what his sister was whispering to him.
In a heated Gamer moment, I directed racial slurs and threats towards my team mate on xbox live and my liberal mother was right behind me... Haha only Gamers can relate.
Reply 10
Original post by EnglandStudent
In a heated Gamer moment, I directed racial slurs and threats towards my team mate on xbox live and my liberal mother was right behind me... Haha only Gamers can relate.

I don't think I'm enough of a gamer to relate but I can imagine her reaction lol.
Original post by Rezwan_
I don't think I'm enough of a gamer to relate but I can imagine her reaction lol.

I was enrolled into her twisted non gamer conversion therapy instantly... No xbox for a month. I'm so f****** tired of this society man, I'm grounded so I can't crash parties with my Otaku Conservative Furry discord etc... Summer down the drain just because some brat thought it would be a good idea to say "eZ" when normally I would of pwned them (it was on fortnite). Should I really be punished just for this common, understandable Gamer lapse of what SOCIETY wants??? Rise up.
Reply 12
I was enrolled into her twisted non gamer conversion therapy instantly... No xbox for a month. I'm so f****** tired of this society man, I'm grounded so I can't crash parties with my Otaku Conservative Furry discord etc... Summer down the drain just because some brat thought it would be a good idea to say "eZ" when normally I would of pwned them (it was on fortnite). Should I really be punished just for this common, understandable Gamer lapse of what SOCIETY wants??? Rise up.

No Xbox for a month. Unlucky lol. Is that why you're on TSR? Is it a part of her therapy that you learn and do work this summer instead? 😂
Original post by Rezwan_
No Xbox for a month. Unlucky lol. Is that why you're on TSR? Is it a part of her therapy that you learn and do work this summer instead? 😂

Lmaoooo don't even go there, I pulled her leg to chill /('study') at the library.... Fairly loose blocking and restrictions. Now I can give this site a whirl and keep posting my Gamer Girl pee ads on craigslist, can even play Minecraft and coolmath games... Epic Gamer Win.
Reply 14
Lmaoooo don't even go there, I pulled her leg to chill /('study') at the library.... Fairly loose blocking and restrictions. Now I can give this site a whirl and keep posting my Gamer Girl pee ads on craigslist, can even play Minecraft and coolmath games... Epic Gamer Win.

What the heck even is a pee ad?!?! :rofl: You seem madly obssessed with games. Maybe go outside and just daydream at the lovely sky instead. Imagine you lose your gaming ability after this ban from her hahaaahaha.
Original post by Rezwan_
What the heck even is a pee ad?!?! :rofl: You seem madly obssessed with games. Maybe go outside and just daydream at the lovely sky instead. Imagine you lose your gaming ability after this ban from her hahaaahaha.

Although it hurts to admit, you're right. Even after playing through dating sims, sweet, sweet Veronica rejected my Gentleman Gamer request to deflower her on that one fateful evening.... *le sigh*... I don't even need her anyway, it doesn't have to be this way.

Perhaps... A change of pace. No more Mr Niceguy and such... I shall be a Gamer, not because I have no life, but because i openly deny the holocaust - summer will be a time for Crossfit and long walks on the beach. Cheers for the reality check!!
I was in the bus coming home from school so i was like really tired. Then the bus stopped suddenly causing me to fall straight on some guy's lap.
Sadly he was sleeping so he had quite a shock and then i realized that he had a b-o-n-e-r.
I wonder what he was dreaming about. Either way it was disgusting and i totally embarrassed myself in front of like all my friends and some boys in my school.

Nevertheless i won't be catching a bus anytime soon.
going into a male's toilet on holiday. saw a urinal but still convinced myself i could take a massive poo there cus it was the women's toilet. i was wrong.
Reply 18
Original post by Khadija.R123
I was in the bus coming home from school so i was like really tired. Then the bus stopped suddenly causing me to fall straight on some guy's lap.
Sadly he was sleeping so he had quite a shock and then i realized that he had a b-o-n-e-r.
I wonder what he was dreaming about. Either way it was disgusting and i totally embarrassed myself in front of like all my friends and some boys in my school.

Nevertheless i won't be catching a bus anytime soon.

For some reason I am imagining a peaceful homeless guy minding his business and just sleeping on the bus and then a bunch of schoolkids including you coming in and disturbing his good sleep. SMH. 😂

One time I wasn't holding onto anything on the train and I fell onto an empty seat and I just acted like I was trying to just sit down on purpose but I think everyone realised. Luckily it was an empty seat...
I accidentally wet myself in school when I was 13 because the teacher would not let me go to the toilet. I had to wear a nappy for the rest of the school day and walk home.

Quick Reply

Latest