The Student Room Group

Best holiday destination for young couples?

Next summer, me and my girlfriend are looking to go abroad for one week on a beachside holiday. We have looked at a number of places that have lively nightlife’s as that’s one of our main priorities when searching. Places such as Zante, Magaluf , Ibiza , Mallorca etc. are places we have looked into however we are unsure if these places are suitable for couples as they are notorious for being “lads holiday” destinations and might be too hectic. I was wondering if anyone has been to these places and can share any experiences or suggestions so we have a better idea of where to go.

Scroll to see replies

I would go somewhere in Spain, I did and it was fantastic. Look at some of the little islands just off the coast maybe
Poland?
Reply 3
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
I would go somewhere in Spain, I did and it was fantastic. Look at some of the little islands just off the coast maybe

Anywhere in particular in Spain you’d recommend?
Tenerife was amazing, I would 100% go there again. Beautiful and had some lovely gardens, beaches, and coastlines. Plenty of bars but not like Maga so you won't get the weird lads on tour feel
Original post by elle.lx
Poland?

My ex and I went to Gdansk last year and it was amazing. The beach in Sopot is lovely.
Reply 6
Original post by elle.lx
Poland?

What’s the weather like in poland , similar to spain?
Palma in Majorca, it's calmer than Ibiza still has clubs and bars but also has get restaurants and there's things like aquariums and great shopping centres.
Skegness.

Cheap tattoos, doughnuts and piercings - ALL on the beach. What else could a young couple want. :h:
(edited 5 years ago)
Tenerife
Reply 11
Original post by claireestelle
Palma in Majorca, it's calmer than Ibiza still has clubs and bars but also has get restaurants and there's things like aquariums and great shopping centres.

Sounds really nice, is Palma expensive or is it relatively cheap? Both of us have just left school so might not have the luxury of having a large budget
Original post by frencheddy
Sounds really nice, is Palma expensive or is it relatively cheap? Both of us have just left school so might not have the luxury of having a large budget

I went there all inclusive with a friend for a week in 2013 for £180 each, it's probably not so cheap anymore(and that was in may) but it's a cheap destination.
Reply 13
Tenerife was amazing, I would 100% go there again. Beautiful and had some lovely gardens, beaches, and coastlines. Plenty of bars but not like Maga so you won't get the weird lads on tour feel

What’s the strip like? I’ve heard it’s small but has good offers for drinks and whatnot
What’s the strip like? I’ve heard it’s small but has good offers for drinks and whatnot

Honestly, it depends what part of Tenerife you go to. I wouldn't say there was a 'strip' where I went, just a lot of bars around the town and by the beaches. It's amazing there, and if you're feeling up for it, hiring a moped is fantastic to explore in the hills.
Honestly, it depends what part of Tenerife you go to. I wouldn't say there was a 'strip' where I went, just a lot of bars around the town and by the beaches. It's amazing there, and if you're feeling up for it, hiring a moped is fantastic to explore in the hills.

I thought you were going to bed?... XD
Original post by iamElectro
I thought you were going to bed?... XD

I was until I came across a disgusting post by the user linked at the bottom of this which got me fired up and now I'm riding that anger and adrenaline high ahah

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=4199830
Reply 17
Russia
Reply 18
Original post by as125
Russia

Sounds good brother
What’s the weather like in poland , similar to spain?

Similar to Britain

Quick Reply

Latest