The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2018 - Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe2001
Less than 24 hours. Why do they make people go through this? It is so bloody scary. I can't handle it.

And they wonder why teenagers suffer some of the highest cases of mental health issues. But I guess everyone has to go through it. Goodbye for me getting sleep tonight.
Original post by Scottish15
And they wonder why teenagers suffer some of the highest cases of mental health issues. But I guess everyone has to go through it. Goodbye for me getting sleep tonight.

Amen! Teens and their issues are overlooked.
actually ******** myself
I keep on getting mini heart attacks when I think about tomorrow and I've not been sleeping right over past few nights....I can see a sleepless night ahead..
Original post by amamanon
So I sat 5 Highers: Chem, Bio, Maths, English, Business management.
I need all As because I wanna apply for Medicine.
However, Im soooooooooo scared and i literally feel sick and cant stop thinking about. I barely revised during exam perid and I regret it so much. I got all As in my prelims but I didnt work as hard for my final exams. I havent been more stressed in my life and will cry if I dont get the grades.

Hey I also want to do medicine. I done Higher Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Modern Studies (my school have a 2-year higher system where you skip the Nat5s, hence the 6 highers). I also got all As in my prelims but a couple of them were way easier than the actual exams, especially biology (teachers need to learn not to keep on taking recent past paper questions for prelims- makes them too easy!) Remember that for most universities you only need 4 As. I'm just glad I've found someone in the same situation as me - im sure youve done just fine! Good luck!
Wishing everyone luck with their results!
Original post by sobia_iqbal
I keep on getting mini heart attacks when I think about tomorrow and I've not been sleeping right over past few nights....I can see a sleepless night ahead..

Original post by byunwonie
actually ******** myself

Good luck to you all.
Good luck everyone and try not to stress too much. Even if your exams haven't gone as well as you hoped, there are nearly always options open to you and you should have people to help/advise in school tomorrow. And don't forget there will be lots of people on TSR who can help tomorrow if things have gone wrong somewhere.
I think it wouldn't be so bad if Scottish universities weren't so demanding about Higher results.
Good luck everyone! :goodluck: Remember there's almost always another route to get to your end goal so should things not go to plan tomorrow, this doesn't have to end your dreams!
There'll be lots of us around tomorrow to help with anything from next steps to clearing advice or just offering congratulations to people so any questions you can post in the Applications, Clearing and UCAS or Scottish Qualifications forum and people will be able to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joe2001
Less than 24 hours. Why do they make people go through this? It is so bloody scary. I can't handle it.

Original post by sobia_iqbal

Good luck! Try not to stress too much about it and try to keep your mind on something else tonight and get a decent nights sleep! You’ll need lots of energy to celebrate tomorrow :smile:
does anyone know when and where grade boundaries will be posted? Thanks
I wrote this last year about relaxing before the big day for those getting results - some of you might find it useful! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4880450#primary_content
T-minus 11hrs 30mins guys! Best of luck to all!

Original post by kierapotato
does anyone know when and where grade boundaries will be posted? Thanks

Last year, the grade boundaries were posted onto SQA's website on the 8th August, the same day as the results were released so I'd presume the same would happen this year.
Getting nervous now.

Does anyone know if texts/emails arrive at exactly 8am and if not, what time they usually arrive? A lot of things I've seen seem to say "from" 8am, presumably this means not exactly 8?
You can tell I'm a first timer waiting on Nat 5 results can't you :wink:
Original post by independentx
Getting nervous now.

Does anyone know if texts/emails arrive at exactly 8am and if not, what time they usually arrive? A lot of things I've seen seem to say "from" 8am, presumably this means not exactly 8?

It says from because there can be technical issues, lots emails and texts going at the same time can cause a backdraft. Pretty sure you get them close to quite close to 8am (last year I didn’t wake up till 10am so I can’t say)
don’t sweat it tho I’m sure you’ve done fine
Going to be so depressed if I fail, so much pressure.
Original post by independentx
Getting nervous now.

Most people will receive theirs at around 8, as that (8am) is when they are sent out. The 'from 8am' bit is basically due to the fact that once they are sent out, it is up to your phone/email providers to get them to you- some of which are quicker than others. So, you might not get them at exactly 8, but it doesn't mean or imply anything about your actual results!

Hope you get the results you want tomorrow- there will be plenty of people here to help :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Here's hoping my email comes at 8:15 (or earlier) like it did in 2016, last year my email came through at around 12pm </3

I also decided to opt out of the text service this year, last year once I turned on my phone the text notification spoiled me and I won't be going through that again :s-smilie:

Don't think I'll be getting any sleep like the last two years, I'm too much of a nervous wreck to even try :tongue:
Original post by Scottish15
Going to be so depressed if I fail, so much pressure.

I know how you feel mate and I know what the pressure is like but its definitely not the end of the world. Do you have some sort of conditional offer?

Quick Reply

Latest