The Student Room Group

British Youtubers are DYING/DEAD/DECEASED! 💀

Rip Zoella, bye Pointlessblog! 2014-2018😘😘

A lot of famous British Youtubers (bloggers and vlogger specifically) are dying or are already dead. A shame but many of them were up their own butts anyway once they started to make enough coin. I remember This Morning, the breakfast talk show was giving facts about how bloggers make their money and were giving facts about British Youtubers when all of the ones they were stating, apart from Patricia Bright who was on the show and being interviewed, are dead. They used to be BIG globally but most are deceased. When will newcomers start to turn up??? 🧐💸✨❤️🖤
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Youtube is a biased cesspool dictated by algorithms, massive oversaturation and attention-seeking. It is crowded with so much garbage and already dominated by a handful of select titans that no new channels can survive.
Ally law and ksi are doing quite well, and Pewdiepie is doing great (Not born in Britain but lives in Brighton). It would be very unlikely for newcomers to turn up, recently Youtube upped its partner program so you need 1000 subs and 4000 Watch Hours per year, So any new people would be against a pool of similar content while also not making any money until the aforementioned requirements are met.
Hardly. Zoella's last video, for example, has 1.3million views. If that's "dead", then I'd like to know what "alive" is. She still got paid a grand from that video, going off of YouTube's monetisation model. Sure, her average monthly views have gone down, but this is due to her uploading less due to being busier with her other businesses. It's the same pattern with other YouTubers that have seen their monthly viewership lowered - they upload very regularly to increase to gain viewership and boost their business platform, and eventually they focus more on their own products and businesses and start uploading to YouTube less because focusing on the other businesses brings more money in than uploading a video a few times a week. So these so-called YouTubers that are supposedly "dying" are actually financially doing better than ever, with their YouTube channel now just being a side hustle, in essence.
Reply 4
Zoella has declined but is far from dead - you seem to forget YouTube revenue, brand deals, her own make up range, her own calendar etc
DanTDM too. I used to watch him all the time, but now he's all about the
M O N E Y ! ! ! He's the richest YouTuber...
Have you seen the upcoming british youtubers tho like touchdalight, millie t etc .. they are not huge but they are gaining more. I personally still watch zoella, the sidemen and others but american youtubers are doing quite better. Althought, most old youtubers from anywhere are dying which is sad -_-
Youtube is for losers. I spent half a year following morons like Zoella until I realized that. When you have a life, you don't watch other people's life on youtube.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Hardly. Zoella's last video, for example, has 1.3million views. If that's "dead", then I'd like to know what "alive" is. She still got paid a grand from that video, going off of YouTube's monetisation model. Sure, her average monthly views have gone down, but this is due to her uploading less due to being busier with her other businesses. It's the same pattern with other YouTubers that have seen their monthly viewership lowered - they upload very regularly to increase to gain viewership and boost their business platform, and eventually they focus more on their own products and businesses and start uploading to YouTube less because focusing on the other businesses brings more money in than uploading a video a few times a week. So these so-called YouTubers that are supposedly "dying" are actually financially doing better than ever, with their YouTube channel now just being a side hustle, in essence.

She is still dying at the end of the day, I mean you can check her social blade. For her precious average views and subscribers it is going down so it is possible that people are leaving as they are bored of the way she presents herself as she is in her own bubble in a way to a point where we can no longer relate to her unless we are rich and because of her controversies. She is not at her peak right now
Original post by yudothis
Youtube is for losers. I spent half a year following morons like Zoella until I realized that. When you have a life, you don't watch other people's life on youtube.

Haters gonna hate...
Original post by iamElectro
Haters gonna hate...

This implies I hate for no other reason than hate. I don't, I realized it for myself.
This implies I hate for no other reason than hate. I don't, I realized it for myself.

Ok, good for you. You're free from YouTube now. Yay. Have a great life.
Original post by Ratchet Hoe
She is still dying at the end of the day, I mean you can check her social blade. For her precious average views and subscribers it is going down so it is possible that people are leaving as they are bored of the way she presents herself as she is in her own bubble in a way to a point where we can no longer relate to her unless we are rich and because of her controversies. She is not at her peak right now

As I said her average viewership is going down because her upload rate is going down. Her views-per-video is as good as ever. She doesn't upload as often as she used to so of course she's past her peak, but as I said, she has plenty of other stuff going on and doesn't need to build her YouTube up anymore. Her channel is essentially on maintenance mode right now.

That's not really true is it. People watch it for entertainment, for curiosity or because they really like a person. It's just media like watching a TV show (which is also a depiction of people's lives - are you saying people who watch game of thrones dont have lives?)

You may have developed unhealthy obsessive habits but most people see youtube as nothing more than entertainment
Original post by iamElectro
Ok, good for you. You're free from YouTube now. Yay. Have a great life.

Two great posts from you here in this thread.
Out with the old, in with the new... My time to shine, baby!
Ally Law, Ryan Taylor are UK YouTubers that are rising...

Have you forgotten about Sidemen the UK version of FaZe? They get millions of views per video as a group and individually.
RIP TotalBiscuit.

Died from Cancer in May.
Original post by rhaegar461
That's not really true is it. People watch it for entertainment, for curiosity or because they really like a person. It's just media like watching a TV show (which is also a depiction of people's lives - are you saying people who watch game of thrones dont have lives?)

You may have developed unhealthy obsessive habits but most people see youtube as nothing more than entertainment

You are right in exactly one point - it is entertainment.

You are wrong in everything else. It is crucially not just like any TV show. It is like reality TV only. Because what you are doing is watching other people live their life. Because yours is too boring/sad so that you consider watching 'cool' people's lives as entertainment.
Reply 19
yeah, uk vloggers are pretty much dead these days. the sidemen are doing good though, they honestly seem like a genuine bunch. callux is heavily underrated. willne, memeulous, stephen tries etc are kind of small but they're quickly gaining popularity and their content is pretty good. uk gaming youtubers are dead too, i can only think of dantdm, ali-a and vikkstar123 that are actually doing well

Quick Reply

Latest